Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #1  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm just so freaking tired!

I'm on medication that makes me sleepy. I'm trying to make healthy choices to help me function during the day, but i'm still so tired I actually fall asleep at school! Every morning i wake up early and exorcise for atleast 20 min, I always always eat breakfast, and I snack regularly. I cant drink coffee because it destroys my stomach. Does anyone one know of a good tea or some supplements that can help me? I'm realy desperate, I feel like i cant function!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

So then are you getting enough sleep in the evenings?

When you say that you are trying to make healthy choices, what exactly does that mean? Have you given up sugar and carbs? Those things certainly make me sleepy. When I was eating that stuff, I always felt the need for an afternoon snooze. It was an effort to keep myself awake and many times I DIDN'T.

What about changing your meds? I think it's a good idea to speak with your doctor. If you truly can't function due to the meds, then you need to discuss this with your physician and some adjustments might be in order.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-11-2008 at 01:37 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd talk to your doctor and see if there is any different medication you can be put on that won't have this effect...no one wants to go through life in a haze!

That being said, green tea throughout the day might be good...it has caffeine, and it has some antioxidants thought to be very good for you. It also doesn't have the negative tummy effects, for me, that coffee does.

Good for you for exercising in the morning...it will usually help me stay awake all day. Maybe when you get sleepy you can do a quick burst of physical activity? Seems difficult, but getting the blood moving will help you stay awake.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #4  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

I've met with the Dr. recently and he agreed to decrease the meds a bit, I suppose i should be more patiant and hopefuly it will improve with time. I dont add sugar to anything, dont eat candy, very rarely have ice cream or a piece of cake. I do eat carbs, i tried cutting them out a while ago but found it too dificult and just ended up binging on it. My diet is primeroly veggies and whole grains.

I nap for an hour every day, and am in bed by 9pm usualy, i wake up around 5.45 to exorcise for school.
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I hope decreasing the meds will do the trick for you, in time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

For most of my life I got really tired in the afternoon. I used to think that's just the way I was, but when I stopped eating junk everyday, things improved! Have you tried eating some protein in your day??

I hope changing your meds works, but if not, keep trying different things!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm gonna go out on a limb on this one. No doubt the medicine is making you tired, BUT, excess sleep can add to it. You're in bed for 8.45 hours. If I sleep more than 7 to 8 hours, I'm overly tired...can't seem to get up. If I sleep between 6 and 7, I'm wake up easily and am wide awake immediately. Trying adjusting your sleep time and see if it helps any.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Years ago, I took some kind of allergy medicine that made me sleepy. It was awful, so I feel for you. Like others have suggested, keep checking with your physican.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I feel your pain. I'm not on meds but I'm wore thin by the end of the day. Hopefully your dr can get that all straightened out for you.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote