Old 01-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Post how many calories a day...

how many calories a day(how much food) i should have and still losing weight.is it by how much you weight? or for much you want to lose weight?
i weight now 233lb, and i'm willing to lose 87lb.
i also run 30-40 minutes and treadmill daily...do you guys think i should exercise more?
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Are you logging your foot in something like Fit Day?

You've already lost 12 lbs. Congrats. How many lbs/wk do you want to lose?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

It is a combination of how much you currently weigh, how fast you want to lose, how active your are etc.

How many calories is a personal thing that you will need to play with over time. Many sites and software programs give you an estimate to start. On average I would expect this number to be anywhere between 1500-1700

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #4  

thank you guys.
cbmare -i would like to lose a total of 100lb until sept 6when my daughter will have a 2 years birthday .i did log myself o fitday.com, but see i'm new with this too, i only resgiter here what i eat and exercise.
lorilove-i wanto lose fast,by tommorow if i could, but i know is taking time and hard work...like i said before i want to lose all this 86lb, i just weight myself,i will do the changes after, until sept 6th.so i guess would be like 23 lb a week
Old 01-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Michelle - you may be setting yourself up for a dissapointment. The only way to guarantee you can lose fast is to cut off a leg or an arm.

I understand your incentive to lose by your daughters birthday but to truly be successful you should set more realistic goals. I promise you that if alll you do is lose 50lbs by then you will be feeling so great and confident about yourself that not have reached your ultimate goal will not be an issue.

Is it possible - yes but is it likely - less so. The more unrealistic a plan you give for yourself the less likely you can keep this up for eight months.

At 231lbs you could still lose 2lbs per week if you stick to 1500 calories and exercise regularly. But from my experience this will last for the first 50lbs and then slow to more like 1lb per week.

I would recommend putting a plan together based on those numbers and lets see how that goes. After you lose the first 30-50 you can always pick up the pace and if all is going well adjust to keep you on track for your goal date.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #6  

lorilove

just wondering....
did you read mandalinn-amanda's story she lost 133 lb
robin 41 she lost 100 lb from may 21 st to dec 06 th.....
these are the stories that i believe in...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #7  

You need to add in some weight training, too.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #8  

michellenew, lorilove has dropped 72 pounds that's nothing to sneeze at. She's offering up some good advice I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Although the fine people you've mentioned kicked ***, doesn't mean it is or isn't going to happen for you that fast. We all I different. I'm just saying...

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get what you want when you want it.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I didn't do it overnight, though! It took me a year and a half to get to goal...from March of 2005 to October of 2007! Thats a lot of time, and I started at a very high weight.

I never set any "I will lose x lbs by x date" goals - just got myself on plan, did what I could, and lost what my body wanted to lose. And that is what I'd encourage of everyone...get on plan, stick to it, and see how far your body can take you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've lost 120 pounds, but started at about 300 pounds. I lost the first 100 pounds in just over a year. I was very consistent about tracking what I ate, and really picked up the exercise over the course of the year. So, on average I did lose 2 pounds a week that year, but I started at a higher weight. I also didn't starve myself and averaged 1800-2000 calories a day over the course of that year.

Like Amanda I also didn't set any X pounds by X date goals. I've seen that end badly for many people and didn't want to set myself up, psychologically, in case I didn't make it.

We all want the weight off quickly, but more than that, I want to KEEP it off. I think sometimes people focus so much on losing, they don't think about maintaining the loss.

It's NOT going to happen overnight, but you can make a lot of progress if you stick with it!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote