Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Introduction

I'm new here, I just found this site today! I'm really hoping to stick to this calorie counting, I'm way too big right now! I stepped on the scale yesterday and weighed in at 215 Not something I was expecting but at the same time I knew I gained weight because my clothes don't fit. I'm off to try to find out how many calories I should have in a day, so I can keep track.

One more thing, I am addicted to Diet Pepsi, does anybody have any idea on what I can substitute that with? I didn't have one yesterday and so far today but I had a migraine when I woke up and was vomiting Do I just need to quit cold turkey? I did have tea this morning with milk and sugar in it along with a 1 pancake but haven't had anything else yet today.

Thanks so much and I can't wait to get started
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Dawn!!

Caffeine is the last of my vices...so I have no advice as to how to quit. Tea has caffeine - it might help with the withdrawals...

As for calorie counting tools - I swear by logging what I eat, I use Fitday.com. There are others as well...mydailyplate is one. I highly recommend trying it. You don't have to do it online, a notebook works as well..

As for how many calories to eat a day, check out what the different sites say and then trial and error. Everyone is different - so maybe take an average of the different sites to start with.

Lastly....is exercise part of the plan? Even just a walk. It does wonders mentally as well as physically.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Dawn

Soda is not one of my vices - but I participate here and other sites as well. There are plenty of success stories where someone did not give up their cola. I think this is something that is an excellent idea for a variety of reasons (primarily there are just healthier and cheaper alternatives such as water). But this would not be my first recommendation to anyone just starting their weightloss effort.

For now I would recommend at staying within calorie range, increasing your intake of fruits, veggies and fiber. Worry about the Diet Pepsi later.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote