Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default Thanks for staying with me until my family could get here...

Last night I was alone because my daughter and her husband went to his family's for Christmas eve dinner. I sang and played Christmas carols on the violin...drank a cup of hot protein shake and came on here and read back a few pages....I just wanted to say, Thank you for keeping me company until my family could arrive today.

My family has changed so much over the years. We are all reaching middle age and have become a bit more compassionate people (well, almost all...my brother in law is still a jerk at times! ).

They know how much I have tried to stay on track...there were very healthy food options at our Christmas Lunch and though we're a poor bunch, they gave me gifts that were related to my having surgery soon.

Besides the socks and other unmentionables from my daughter...needed believe me! LOL

-a new pair of shoes for walking

-a tiny little crock pot to make tiny little dinners (from my daughter...it came with her big one)

-a small plate, a smaller plate and a small bowl for those tiny little dinners.

-a hand blender to make my food soft... It so much better then the bloody old blender and easier to clean so far!

And...

-a foot soaking massager to help relax and care for myself without food.

Got to love them!

Merry Christmas and a belated Happy Hanukah and I think I can speak for everyone, Joyous Solstice...now the days just get longer!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What wonderful, thoughtful gifts, Sounds llike you have a very loving family.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How nice! I'm sure you feel loved and cherished.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

OH ANGELA! what wonderful gifts! i've often wished i'd get one of those tiny crock pots, but since that would involve actual COOKING, LOL. and those small plates are really wonderful. for my surgery, one of my sisters went out and found some BEAUTIFUL little plates and cups for me - it made mealtime special for me.

sounds like your family understands your struggle, and your hopes. and we're honored to be part of this adventure for you.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

How wonderful, great support system. You will need them.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote