Old 12-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #1  
Jackie

S/C/G: 175/175/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default New here and desperate

Hey ya'll. I'm new here and need help! I have 4 children and our eldest is severely disabled and growing. She needs full time care and I need to be strong and lose the weight to keep caring for her! I'm 32 years old and work at a gym/day spa......yes, I said I work at a gym! LOL
Anyway, I gained 25 lbs last year when our daughter went in for 5 surgeries and there is just no excuse! I need help and I've become a binge eater in the last year. Food is an obssession just all of a sudden and I am so out of control. I eat when I'm hungry and when I'm not hungry. I eat until I make myself sick and then feel terrible about it later and beat myself up over it. Please help!
indespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You know what you need to do . SO DO IT!! You need to be healthy for all of your children and yourself. How fortunate that you work in a gym , the rest of us have to pay big bucks to go to a gym. Stop the bingeing and start eating healthy foods, find a diet plan that you will follow. You have many choices. it is OK to experiment until you find what works best for you. I have found that for me calorie counting works best, it is the least restrictive and something I can do long term to maintain. We have a lot of WW members and also South Beach is popular and others prefer diet foods delivered , there are many choices. Check out the forums and don't forget on 3FC home page check diets many diets are explained and some have been personally tried by 3FC. Good luck!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Jackie, Welcome to our group. to you. There are several ladies on this board that can relate to your situation with your child. You are more than welcome to join us on our daily chat thread.

I think the first step is to write down everything that you eat. Then evaluate why you ate that, and if you needed it. I know that I am a stress eater, with my vice being carbs. It might also be good if you could look into bringing someone else in to help in your home. This way you could get out of the house ~ and away from food, and stress.

Like I said before, feel free to join us on our daily chats.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 12-19-2007 at 08:50 AM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Jackie, Hugs to you! There's lots of good information on this site, and you're more than welcome to come join the daily thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Jackie...Welcome and you HAVE come to the right place. I am sorry to hear about your child and I pray that everything goes well for you and your family.
As far as the diet goes I am sure you will not find one person here who hasn't eaten just to be eating or none of us would be here. One thing that I have learned ( the hard way..lol) on my journey here is don't beat yourself up. If you eat too much or unhealthy today, wake up tomorrow knowing that it is a new day and a new chance. Please know that the road to weight loss is not as easy, nor as fun as the road to weight gain.
Also could you maybe ask a personal trainer at your gym for help or advice with diet and nutrition info?

Stay strong and God Bless.
Tamia
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Jackie, listen to all this advice. Don't give up! You need to do this for yourself! I'm sure that you, like the rest of us moms, take little time for yourself. This is vital....for your kids, your future grandkids and for your health! I weigh 229....look at some of the other weights of the other folks here. A lot of us have quite a journey ahead of us. I'm not trying to minimize your situation, but look at the bright side....if you start your new life today, you'll be "healthy" far before a lot of us will! You've caught it before it got terribly out of hand, like mine!! But only if you do something today....start today! No one else can do it except you! Be kind to yourself and your kids...do this for yourself now, not next year when you have 20 lbs more than you do today to lose!

Stick around....read about the plans available....look to others here for encouragement....and be kind to yourself! Next year, you'll be glad you did!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5' 5"

Smile Hang in there!

Hang in there...caring for children, let alone one with a handicap makes dieting challenging but you can do it. It takes a lot to take care of a growing child so you will need to make sure you are in tip top shape. I'm just starting my journey but together we can do it.

Have you asked some of your co-workers for support? I find that when I'm surrounded with people who will remind me that a King Size snickers bar is bad for an afternoon snack that I will put it down faster than if they go buy one for me. LOLOL

Hard work and determination will get you through.

BelindaSissom is offline   Reply With Quote