Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Winning Points vrs. turnaround/flex

Hey,

I did weight watchers in 2002 and lost 80 lbs. I've gained about 25, got rid of 10, but find the last 15 to be very difficult.

When I lost the weight before I did it w/ winning points, where you had a points range to shoot for in each day, and that you could bank points for special occasions as well as banking activty points.

Ever since I've tried ww w/ the 35 flex points, I've been having problems. It's those 35 points. They get me in trouble, i eat them because they are there and it usually means a binge... if I don't eat them, I get hungry through out the day.. (sigh).

Does anyone remember what the point ranges were for the winning points? For some reason I think it was 18-23 for 150 lbs....

Any help would be appreciated I'm in a dither about this, and feeling like I'm fighting a losing battle.

Thanks,
OG
Old 12-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

For your height (almost the same as mine) and assuming we are around the same age (I am 27 but when I did WP I was around 22) the range was 18 - 23 points if under 150 lbs, 20 - 25 points for 150 - 175 pounds, 22 - 27 points for 175 - 200 pounds, 24 - 29 points for 200 - 225 pounds. I don't remember more than that because when I first did WW I was around 230 but I know the pattern stopped repeating at some point. I find the range system to work better for me as well and I try to follow that now instead of the new way of doing things. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  

Default thanks!!

Thank you so much for the help. We are close in age. I'm 29.... I like the fact that I can choose whatever I want to eat with weight watchers, but those 35 extra points just do me in... with the winning points program there was more incentive for me to work out and be smarter about my food.

I'm having a bad time with things lately on the weight loss realm. Part of it is that abject fear when you get closer to your goal, and I have a very black and white mentallity. ( sigh ).
This information hearkens back to a time when things were easier for me, and I'm very eager to revisit that.

Thank you again.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #4  
banned

turnaround! look at CORE....
Old 12-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #5  

I'm not ready to go totally to core because of the 'eat until satisfied' thing..I don't really know what that point is . I am considering sticking to the old school winning points plan but with core foods.
Closed Thread