Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lightbulb The Lightbulb went off

I had the WORST DUMP sick wise I have ever had!
Was it from Pie? Nope! Chocolate? Nope!
Ready for this?
Quick Oats! and a tums chaser
I bought Quick Oats at the store (the kind that take 1 min on the stove) Previously I was OK with instant oats and Bobs redmill 7 grain (fibertastic but with a texture of Farina)
I did the oats the same way I've done instant and the 7 grain with Craisins toasted walnuts and cinamon and I have Never been so gassy/sick I took gaspills, when they wore off but the gas wasn't gone
I was out of Gas Pills so I turned to my Generic Tums (which has worked several times over when I have intense gas/mild dumping) Never Again!
my body went so Hot I took Everything off (Helloooo Neighbors!)
and I heaved For hours (5 total) luckily my stomach was empty so all I ahd to heave was water. . .
I even worried the cat. . . yes a cat can make a worried noise! (I was like aww you're worried about Mommie I feel like poop but I love you!) Scared the stuffing out of me and DH.
Anyway Logical post dumping thinking made me realize I've been Gurgling for weeks on end and just took it to be normal, Sunday I decided to experiment and just have protein except for our left overs dinner with DH's parents
The whole day I had 3 cottage cheeses, a piece of cheese and a medium coffee with cream. . .no gurgling only 1 small bout of wooziness which was either BP or the overwhelming scented candles in the craft store

As soon as we went to his parents I had some turkey, spinach gratin, was fine, 1 tbsp of potatoes and a slice of Sweet Potato BLAMMO tummy gurgles and an intense uncontrollable need to Urinate (sorry TMI)
So! Long story short or indeed long story long! I'm going back to how I was eating this time last year.
Protein
Protein
oh and a side of protein
and veggies where I can fit them in a digestable way

I have the fiber cottage cheese so hopefully that and my love of spinach will help me with the thronage.
No more cereal, thin bread, DONE!

btw if you're a coffee love Atkins Cafe Mocha DIVINE! (I pour it out of the can)
Back to work!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

protein, protein, protein, babe. so sorry you had to learn this the hard way, but sometimes we need this. i dumped HORRIBLY on lentil soup once. and on cashews.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

SO far the day has gone well. . .I'm not craving anything at all but Man I am pissed off lol!
those carbs seem to dampen my grumpy side!
Maybe Leslie Sansone and a big coffee will help that when I get home!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote