Old 11-23-2007, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I had a really great thanksgiving!

..is it wrong to not to be around my own family because they're overly critial of my weight?

it was GREAT to be with someone else's family for a change this year at thanksgiving..
I don't post a whole ton, so for those who don't know, my HW was somewhere around 230... if not more. I didn't get on a scale for about a month after I started dieting during my "first round" I was too scared...
I've been maintaining around 200 for about 2 years, though i had initially lost around 60lbs, i gained 30 back the first year due to stress and other issues...

anyHOW..
I spent my first thanksgiving with my bf's family instead of my own and what a relief it was! this is the first year we decided to choose a family instead of splitting up and going our own ways...

no one there except my bf knew me at my HW, so I didn't have to hear a SINGLE thing about how i looked, how my clothes fit (except when my bf told me my behind looked great in my new size 12 jeans, lol!), NO ONE was watching what I ate except for ME, I didn't get a single look when I took THREE desserts (tiny slices, hey, it was thanksgiving!)
It was amazing! As far as they all know, I'm a size 12, not a 20.. and while the numbers on the scale say "obese" I must have looked like just an average sized/chubby person to them. I assume that's how I look to most other people now...
I wish I felt that way but the numbers on the tape measure and the sizes on my clothes will catch up to my brain eventually..

It felt so good for once to be accepted for who I am, and not seen as "the only person in the family with a weight problem" Which i am NOT, but it seems like they focus on me the most because I've been struggling with my weight my entire life, whereas my older sister "used to be thin" which somehow makes her current morbid obesity somehow ok.

I think I'm going to be spending a lot more holidays over there...
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

wow!! I know exactly what you mean

yesterday, i was being monitored the entire time. Either, because they are curious about what choices the no longer obese girl would make or because they wanted to make sure i didn't get carried away.

I had three desserts too, screw them.

Geez, another reason I need a boyfriend
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted5915 View Post
wow!! I know exactly what you mean

yesterday, i was being monitored the entire time. Either, because they are curious about what choices the no longer obese girl would make or because they wanted to make sure i didn't get carried away.

I had three desserts too, screw them.

Geez, another reason I need a boyfriend
you can have mine!! but i'm keeping his family!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

That sounds so good.

It sucks when family is critical of something to the point that it makes you uncomfortable to be around them.

But it's so good you had a wonderful thanksgiving. That's all that matters really.

Three desserts. Yummy. I've been having like three desserts every day here and it isn't even thanksgiving.

Nice give away the boy, keep the family. lol. Made me laugh.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #5  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

I know the feeling. Since I was young I've always been the chubby one of my sisters. It was aaalways me who got the "wherent you on a diet comments?". Now, both of my sisters are struggling with their weights and I'm the one that's steadily losing weight and looking and FEELING awesome. They are the kinda girls that always feel fat, even at their thinnest. I'm the kinda girl that always feels she looks amazing, even at a highest weight. SO, all I can say is, life IS fair. Oh, and the moment that I started feeling good about my body, even if I hadnt lost any weight, they'd say "you look really good". So, imo, attitude is everything... and posture.. lol

I also had a great thanksgiving, I'm mexican, so we dont celebrate it here, but some people do, and they hired me to sing!! lol. Unexpected income is always welcome!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote