Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #1  
minimouth

S/C/G: 274/255/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default What Type Scales Do You Use?

I need to purchase new bathroom scales because mine weighs you different every time you step on them even if it's only 1 minute apart. They are the old Health O Meter spring type and the spring sticks till you hop on them a few times. That can't be good for them to produce a accurate reading. LOL

I'm thinking of getting a Taylor Digital Lithum Powered Scale # 7321. It's supposed to be accurate up to 400 lbs. Have any of you tried it out? What do you think about the accuracy of the scales you use. If your using one you can recommend please let me know what it is. Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Carolyn
minimouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

I have a digital scale and I love it, I used to have the "old" type (sorry donīt know how they are called) and I hated it weighed differently everytime. Now I want to buy one that calculates ur fat %, maybe they arenīt as accurate as an exam but you can still see if the numbers are going down... they are really expensive but Iīd love to have one!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I use a digital . . . but it weighs differently every minute . . . all depends on the way you hold your mouth. I really think the only ones that are really accurate are the gigantic balance-beam type that they use in hospitals. Would love to have one but I really don't want to add a room to the house right now.

Bottom line -- accuracy isn't the issue anyway. Consistency is. Even more bottom line than that -- all that really matters is the overall direction of the movement over the long haul.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Yeah I gained alot of weight with a bad scale. I just didn't really know the spring had sprung so to speak. I got a new one at SEARS it was like 15.00 clearance. has the fat stuff too. The only thing is I weigh different in differnt spots in my bathroom. Just a 1-2 difference but still?
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I use a digital WW scale, the back says Model WW40W, I love it. It measures in .2 increments. It was about $30 at WalMart I think
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LINDA ~ I am having a similar problem ... I was first weighed at the doctor's office, but it is hard to get appointments here just to get weighed in; so I thought I would get my own for at home for convenience; and, becuz many people feel that we should be more accountable.

I bought a digital that was on sale for $30.00. Well, shock of shocks, it said that I had suddenly gained 8-12 lbs (wasn't sure cuz it kept changing). I was devastated, cuz I thought I had gained a pile of weight, but didn't know why; but then later on, I found out that I hadn't gained any at all: it was the new scale. Crazy or what?

Every time I step on it, it changes its mind what I weigh; and you only have so many seconds to get on it right, or it reads ' ERROR '. If you move even in the slightest way, it goes up; if you touch anything, it goes down. I have a water-weight fluctuation of 3-5 lbs (on average about 4 lbs) before and after menses. I don't ever remember having a problem like this with any other type of scale in the past.

I guess that I will just have to live with it for now; cuz I hate wasting the money that I spent on it; but down the road, I think that I am going to buy an analogue one. I never cared about .1, .2, or .4 of anything; I just want to know approximately how much I weigh! Thanx for letting me vent ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #7  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

I think it doesn't matter if it's accurate as much as consistent. If it doesn't weigh the same as the doctor remember that the time of the day you weigh makes a big difference. I had a weight watchers one but I returned it right away because it measured drastically different depending on where it was on my floor and just gave me different readings from minute to minute.

I had a thinner scale for a long time and I gave that one to my parents and it still works great. I ended up getting another one and that one has been with me for like a year. It's wonderful. It was fairly cheap and it does nothing fancy just gives you a measurement to the half pound.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote