UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #1  

Default chippy

im american living in england... i have been doing well on my cal counting all week, but today i am craving fried greasy foods... anyone have any idea how many cals are in a small fried cod/haddock from the chippy? im tryin to figure out if i can work it into my cal intake for the day and have it for dinner tonight lol... im on 1800 cals per day.. have already had breakfast and lunch and im up to 350 cals for the day..i know i shouldnt have it as its not the best thing for you... but im just craving it so bad.. any ideas?
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Prob a bit late posting for your dinner time and sorry about that, however, I'm over in your homeland...but all I can say, is I hope you had the F&C and enjoyed them If you were only at 350 cals by lunch time, you prob didn't even go over your 1800 for the day with a F&C dinner....

Welcome to 3FC by the way
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #3  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I had fish and chips last night. According to the cal info they are 838 cals for an average portion. Hope this helps.
kn1ghtbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

just to let you know i think that mc donalds post there calorie information on their british site, so if u wanted to find out for chips ect, you can look on there. :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 309/250/200 (for now)

Height: 5 foot 2

I have no idea about the calories which is part of the reason I try not to go near the chippy but I really do understand. Last night my partner wanted a kebab. So, I gave in and went to the chippy and I had a plain chicken kebab..that can't be that bad..but lack to the satisfying grease feeling.

Btw..I am also an American in the UK...(well dual citizenship now) ..always nice to meet another one
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  

As mentioned already about 800 or so calories in a chippy, but a Mcdonalds big mac with fries and small milkshake around 1400.
mertuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 AM   #7  

I know it is too late for those who have already indulged but if you fancy fish and chips again - this is about half the caolories but you do have to cook it yourself (or get someone else to!).

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes...ecipe_p_1.html
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote