Old 10-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 10/29/07

The weekend was all right. I got a lot of housework done. Was supposed to meet a friend for lunch, but that didn't work out. Saw a wonderful musical review with a fellow music lover. It was stupendous! It could have been a professional group (they were even better than some professionals I've seen).

The wedding was not so good. The bride was 25 minutes late! It was so embarrassing. Several family members received a phone call telling them that the limo driver had taken a wrong turn, but I later found out that it was because the bride and her bridesmaids just couldn't manage to get ready on time. Shameful! I don't know what it is with some people today, but they are so rude. They never thanked anyone at the church for their help. The groom had been drinking (not an uncommon occurrence, but it was very noticeable with him).

Went to a friend's home for dinner on Saturday night and that was very nice. I ate too much though. Yesterday I went to a concert rehearsal.

Lori, I'm so glad your PT is working out. How wonderful. How long have you been walking with your hip higher than the other?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Lisa - 25 minutes is pretty late! I can't imagine any groom drinking - that is if he actually wants to get married. It seems a little odd to me! I think I'd been walking with my hips off for at least a few months, if not longer. I have another PT appointment today.

This past weekend I wanted to get lots done, but instead I felt tired and weak all weekend. It comes and goes and is due to my medication. At least it was on the weekend and not during the week so that I didn't have to take any time off of work. The only thing I really managed to do was go to a friend's Halloween party Saturday night, and even then we didn't stay really long.

I've been horrible at journaling lately. I'm maintaining, which is fine, but its more like I don't journal or just don't care what I eat one week and then I see a 1-2 pound gain and then the next week I'm really strict and go back down and then the cycle begins again. I need to get my motivation back to get down to my ultimate goal!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: I can't imagine being that late and not thanking everyone for being patient. As for the groom--was he THAT worried about the wedding that he had to drink beforehand. Wouldn't it have been something had the officiant for the wedding said he couldn't perform the marriage because he was under the influence?!

Lori: I was actually full of energy this weekend which is good because the last one I didn't have any energy and was tired. In any case I got quite a bit done and last night my whole body was aching! I'm glad the PT is going well--with the continuation of the appointments I bet you're going to feel even better! I'm in the same boat with my journal--I've been slipping more than standing on firm ground--it's not a good thing for me because I know if I were to journal diligently that my weight would most likely go down more. I just need to focus on that more.

I'm feeling as if TOM is going to arrive early again this month--that would be good since I'm heading to Chicago on Thursday and I'd much rather have the cramps & crappy feeling early in the week rather than the weekend. It was chilly this morning (35) but it's warming up a little and tomorrow and Wednesday we're supposed to be in the mid 60's.

Pam: How about those Red Sox?!

Susan: Hi! Hope all is well with you!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #4  

Lori, I know that the PT will be expensive for you, but it will be worth it. Journaling does keep us accountable, doesn't it?

Melissa, Funny you should mention the drinking and stopping the wedding. I was mentioning this wedding incident to a coworker and she said when she and her husband got married, the priest told them if he smelled alcohol on either one of them, he would stop the wedding! I actually think that's a good idea. Your temps are really dropping! We are still warm here and Tropical Storm Noel is going to cause some high winds and lots of rain the next couple days. More beach erosion, too, I'm afraid.

Pam, a Sox sweep, huh? I thought the Rockies would win at least 1.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 AM   #5  

Good morning! The past two days have been great for walking--I've managed to get out both days over the lunch hour and get a nice walk in. Today is going to be even better with temps in the 60's. I won't be able to walk at noon because I'm going to my WW meeting but instead of driving my car over to the doctor's office this afternoon I'm going to walk. It's not that far but it'll get me moving! I have an appointment with a general surgeon to talk about a needle biopsy--I had my mammogram/sonogram and there are some calcifications that have increased and they want to make sure that there's nothing going on. The doctor that read the results told me that she's 99.9999% sure it's nothing but wants to be 105% sure. Anyway, another thing to add to the list.

I'm not that hopeful about my WI today because I feel bloated, have cramps, and overall have not done that great with eating. Last night was not pretty--I went from one thing to another and I'm not sure if it's nervous eating or PMS. *sigh* My surgery is two weeks from today.

Not too much else going on here--I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for Chicago for our convention. I told the members of the board that I'm not running again for secretary that I need a break. It's going to be interesting to see who is running for what office. I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to the trip because I'd rather be at home.

So how's everyone else doing???
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #6  

Melissa, I'm glad you are getting some walks in. I always feel better after a walk. I've been walking here in the morning, but it's been tough. The wind is so strong from T.S. Noel. It's very rainy too. Tonight I'll be waiting at home for the little trick or treaters. We usually get about 20-30, but I like seeing the costumes. Will you have many little goblins?

Is your convention for that German group you are in? How many years have you been secretary? Yes, let someone else do the job. I'm not an officer this year in my professional group and some people are asking me why, etc. I needed a break. I've been an officer 3 times in four years. I administer website, I've also been the newsletter editor.

I am praying that your biopsy is fine. Also, good luck with your WI although you aren't expecting much.

Hello to Lori and Susan. I know that Pam is probably out with DH's surgery.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Melissa - Walking would be nice The PT said no to walking, but that I could bike. I don't own a bike though, and its really too cold to bike here. He gave in when I begged and said I could walk at a leisurely pace but only if it didn't hurt. Good luck with the biopsy!

Lisa - I saw this morning that the eye of the storm will remain over the ocean and was happy and relieved for you!

Well I've been HORRIBLE with my eating the past few days. Today I said "ENOUGH" to myself and re-committed. I've wanted my weight to go down more since the beginning of September, but apparently not enough to really get with the program. Apparently I've been happy with maintaining since I haven't done anything about my current situation. It was this realization that made me realize I was just holding myself back. I'm not going to do that anymore! Back to losing now

The first year I was in my house, we literally had close to 200 trick or treaters. Last year we had maybe 40. This year - who knows? We are prepared for about 150. We will give out the candy first and then move on to the bags of pretzels that I bought. I won't be upset if we have leftover pretzels The problem will be from keeping my hand out of the candy bowl while I'm waiting for kids to show up. But with my renewed commitment today, I really don't think that will be hard!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #8  

Lisa: I'm really glad the weather has been good enough to get my walks in--I do feel better afterwards. I just need to keep that feeling and remind myself it doesn't give me license to eat whatever I can lay my hands on! The convention is for the German Heritage organization--I've been involved for quite some time ('93) and I did have a 2-year break in there but it's been a while. Sometimes you just need to step back. I'm pretty confident that the biopsy is just a precautionary and that's it. The WI was okay--up .4 so it's not THAT bad but I need to get refocused. I have to admit that we don't pass out candy--there are just a couple of kids in our neighborhood and rather than have the candy around I don't do it.

Lori: I'd have a hard time walking at a leisurely pace--even when I try to slow down I find myself picking of the pace. I have a clean journal and my goal for this week is to write everything down! I can do this and like you know what needs to be done to get to where I want to go. I want to see a weight loss before I go in for my surgery.

The office is pretty quiet and I'm sitting here thinking about what I need to take with me to Chicago. I should start a list. I took the whole day off tomorrow so I can run some errands--I need to pick up some pantyhose to wear with my dress for the dinner on Saturday evening and there's a couple other things I can do. I may even go to the Wellness Center to walk in the morning!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

I'm checking in from the hotel in Boston I'm staying in. DH's surgery was a success. He had a very large brain tumor which thankfully they were able to extract in total, so no radiation will be necessary at this point. He's doing fine and hopefully will be coming home this weekend. We only found out 2 weeks ago that he had this tumor so it's been an incredibly stressfull couple of weeks. I may not be back for a little while but I wanted to thank you all for you thoughts and prayers, it was greatly appreciated.

Take care...I'll talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #10  

Melissa, Up .4 is not so bad. I'm like you--cannot walk slowly.

Pam, PTL! How scary for you and DH. I'm so glad everything turned out all right. How did DH know there was something wrong?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #11  

I'm at an offsite seminar tomorrow, so no web access. I have a crazy weekend coming up. I'm in a show Friday and Saturday and there's a wedding for me to coordinate on Saturday afternoon. Sunday there's a rehearsal for the concert in December.

I just ate a candy bar--don't know why, but I craved one and gave in (sigh).

Have a good weekend everyone. Be careful in the Windy City, Melissa.