Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation It is SO not worth it!

I've been on Weight Watchers for a year now and have made significant changes in my lifestyle - feeling and looking better with each passing day. The "periods of temporary insanity" when I would binge are occuring much less frequently (and the binges are much less severe) and I've learned not to hate myself when I slip up, but rather to step back, analyze what happened, learn from it, and start fresh the next day. So far, so good.

Well, last night I was very fatigued, a little stressed, very bored, battling a cold, AND alone in the house - the perfect recipe for disaster. I had a huge binge (6 oz of cheese, a whole box of cookies, 2 scoops of ice cream, 1/3 bag of chips). I don't think I could have stuffed another atom of food in my stomach without exploding.

Physically, I felt so bloated, gassy, lethargic - my body didn't know what hit it. Well, today I'm back on track - on program, drinking water, working out - it took most of the day to recover from the adverse physical symptoms of the binge.

The lessons I've learned:

1. Binging is SO not worth it! I used to eat like this ALL the time - there's NO way I want to go back to that existence.

2. I really like the way I look and feel now - I wear nicer clothes, get compliments from my husband (and others), have a ton of energy, joy, and self-confidence. There's NO WAY I'm going trade that all in for unhealthy volumes of unhealthy food.

3. This was a good reminder to me of how far I've come - sometimes as we make many good choices every day we forget what it was like to make poor choices.

Aaaah...it feels SO good to be back on track again!
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  
Me at 160

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'5''

"binge are occuring much less frequently (and the binges are much less severe)"

that's great to hear, and you did the best thing by getting back on track. Good for you! It's good to know that as we persevere our new habits get stronger and our old patterns continue to diminish. You are doing great!
135again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #3  
Mel

What a great post! I'm so glad you were able to step away and realize what you've gained with your new lifestyle

Congratulations on how far you've come and on how far I'm sure you'll go!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Good for you for analyzing what it's really like to overeat like that! It's not fun, is it? it's not even satisfying. As you go on, you'll have less and less desire to do it--because you'll remember how sick it made you.

You GO girl! Stay on it!

jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 173/169/135

Default Awesome

Good for you,
If it helps any, by reading your post it has inspired me, makes me feel better about my binge tonight.It was minor ,but it got me down, now I feel hope that they will get less and not as severe.
Thanks for sharing
smilely771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Bethel. Your attitude is inspirational.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Why oh why is it so darn difficult for us to remember how uncomfortable, unsatisfied and just downright unpleasant we feel after we overeat?

Anyway, I am so thrilled that you've come to this realization. A true victory in my book, anyone's book. Good luck to you as you continue on your path. You really have come far.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #8  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your weight loss so far! It sounds like you know what kind of situations set you up for a binge, so now you can better prepare yourself for those situations? I guess it's a good (but painful) lesson to have. I eat stuff and regret it all too often...that's why it's taken me as long as it has to lose the little bit that I have lost...but it's getting less frequent. It is really hard to remember how much we will regret it before we eat it and that it isn't worth it. I guess we can just keep pluggin' along and not stop, that's the important thing.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote