Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Default Big Slacker

I am such a big slacker! I was doing great I lost 10 lbs and was so happy, Now I haven't lost since becuase I haven't tried. I want to lose 15-20 lbs by January 8th (my 22nd Birthday!) I need to get myself in gear. I need someone to keep my on trck ya know? someone to say so, how are you doing today? did you eat your breakfast? did you go for that walk that you wanted to go on? did you use your work out DVD this week? things like that.

any advice??
~Jenn
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #2  
just gettin' started!

S/C/G: 232/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up I'm with ya

I need someone of the same assortment... to keep me on track! It seems that it helps a lot to have someone going through the same thing with you and checking up on you to make sure you are doing ok. Let me know if you are interested in being.. what would you call that... weight loss buddies I guess?!
pookster203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I think, overall, if you want this weightloss to happen you're going to have to find the motivation within yourself to do it. You can't/shouldn't rely on other people to constantly keep you on track. I'm not saying that it's not good to have accountability buddies and whatnot, because it is. I'm just saying that if you don't want it to happen, no one else can make it happen for you.

That being said, why don't you consider using one of the "what did you eat today?" threads to keep your food planning on track? Maybe start a 3fc blog that you can be accountable to?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jenn,

3FC has a weigh-in thread that runs every week here in Weight Loss Support. From time to time we've also had a Planning & Meals thread that comes and goes. Checking in on 3FC can help keep your spirits up and your head in the right place!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennelleV86 View Post
I need someone to keep my on trck ya know? someone to say so, how are you doing today? did you eat your breakfast? did you go for that walk that you wanted to go on? did you use your work out DVD this week? things like that.

any advice??
~Jenn
That's YOU! People can help but you get to make all the decisions. You're the one who gets all the credit when the weight goes down. Start trying again and work on that next 10 pounds. You know you can do it; you've done it before.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The 20-somethings group has, I believe, daily planning and weekly check-in threads. Knowing I'd be checking in "in front of" all of the people here on the boards made me rethink some of my food choices. If I'm really having trouble getting going, I'll often join into one of those planning threads, logging on in the morning and listing out my plan for the day, or logging on at night and describing the day that I had - what I ate, what sort of exercise I did, etc.

Ultimately, the decision to DO this, and the dedication it requires to see it through, are going to have to come from you, but there are wonderful people here to support you every step of the way.

Have you considered joining a challenge of some kind? There are different sorts of challenges in the different forums (the 20somethings have a point-based challenge, I think) or in the "Chicks up for a Challenge' forum. If you can't find your motivation any other way, being part of a team may be able to take you that extra step.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You absolutely CAN do this. With a little work, some patience and a lot determination, one CAN lose weight. But you know that already, cause you've already lost a nice amount. You just need to keep at it. Just keep going. No stopping with the program - just continuing.

Come check out the 100 lb club forum. I think you'll really like it there. There's lots of daily threads to help keep you accountable and motivated. Good luck. We're all here for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Pookster- It would be wonderful if you want to be weight loss buddies!
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been doing pretty good so, let's see how it goes. I need to start walking more than once a week though. So, that is my next goal to walk 3 xs a week for 15 minutes then work my way up the next week and so on.

~Jenn
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote