Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 03:36 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #111

Hi all

Jen, when I got the call before, it was my brother letting me know he's going to be training at the gym we go to. Pretty cool huh? His dream is to own his own gym one day.

Janie, pretty spooky Got to be careful these days. There are too many weirdos. Maybe you should let someone know how you feel so they could keep an eye out for him.

Well, I'll be back later. I'm going to the video store to rent a movie.

See you later. Maybe in the chat room.

Love,
Es
Old 01-11-2002, 03:43 PM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Finally got to the gym today after being away for a week (I did exercise at home though). Hopefully I can keep going there this week. DH was off today so I was able to drive my car (his is ailing). I'll go all weekend too. Monday he takes his car to the mechanic. I'll go to the gym early morning before he does that. The classes later in the week are later though, so hopefully he'll get the car back by then. I hate having these transportation woes.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:00 PM   #3  

Jen,
What does R.A.D. Stand for? I am going to look it up and see if it is offered around here.
Thanks!

JanieD
Old 01-12-2002, 05:50 AM   #4  

Angry

Janie, RAD I have no idea. When you find out let me know.

Okay Buddies, I need some advice. What you would do if you were still unhappy with your weight & needed winter clothes? Would you wait to lose at least 10 lbs, which by that time the spring line will be out or would you just go out & buy a couple of things? I've been holding out too long already but every time I go to the store & try on a tight 14 it makes me very sad. It ruins my whole day. I need clothes

Myra, you've been on a roll with exercise which I know has helped you quite a bit. If I didn't exercise I would be much heavier. Even though I'm disappointed with myself as far as weight I feel good after I've done something whether it's treadmill, taebo, light weights. I hope Hubby gets his car fixed soon & it won't be too costly. Hang in there Bud

I never made it to the chat room last night. I got into a heated discussion with Pete before he left for work & I wasn't in the mood for anything. I watched a movie then went to sleep. I guess I wanted to sleep it off It's the same thing over & over I can't discuss it out in the open if not I would to get it off my chest! Anyway, I am going to enjoy my day no matter what. I'm going to visit my son & my nephew so I know I'm going to have a nice day.

You all have a great day too

Be back later.

Love,
Es
Old 01-12-2002, 06:01 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Essie,

I'd buy a few things right now. You need them, right? That's what I did in those three years or so that my weight refused to budge.

Also don't get depressed shopping. When I was at my heaviest I would come out of stores in a deep depression. The choices at my weight wasn't the best and those fitting room mirrors are so unflattering. Just remember this is just temporary. You will be a thinner you in no time.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, I sent you an email re:RAD info. I'd suggest you contact your local police dept. They should either offer it or know who does; many colleges and universities offer it as a credit class also.

Es, I'd buy a few things now if you need them. What we tend to forget is that we need to love ourselves the way we are. That's not to say that we don't want to lose weight, or improve ourselves. But why deny yourself the clothes you need just cause you're not where you want to be? It's that much more important to buy something nice and feel good about yourself. At least that's my opinion. You're worth it!

I didn't make it to the chat last night either. Joe wanted to go out for dinner, Joey went with us; a new Italian restaraunt opened here, had some pasta and salad, but did give in to garlic bread and wine. Still taking it a day at a time...a meal at a time most days!

Terri, no football this weekend! At least not the Bears....we'll have the tvs on today to watch the games that are going on.

How is everyone? I've got major house cleaning to do this weekend, like I'm going to get it done sitting here!

have a great Saturday,
~Jen
Old 01-12-2002, 10:50 AM   #7  

Hi gals

My mom came through this surgery fine. It was a really long day, both of my brothers were with me and with our cell phones we kept the rest of the family up to date as we got info from the medical staff. I didn't get home until 11:30PM . I spent some time on the phone with Mom this morning and my husband Mike and I will visit her this afternoon.

I did ok OP I had a kashi bar instead of lunch and then drank a lot of water. We also went to a nearby restaurant where I had a couscous salad with grilled chicken on top.

It seems as if for the most part we are all getting back on track with the program. I believe the slips can be minor if we keep posting to each other. Encouragement is great!

Es,
Get yourself a few new things! Here, Here Jen and Myra, I totally agree with your opinions.

Janie,
You should go with your gut feelings, if you get a bad vibe about someone. I am really glad you played it safe. Perhaps we should all take that self defense/protection course.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers for my mom, I will keep you posted,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 01-12-2002 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:02 AM   #8  

Angry

Thanks Myra, Jen & Sandy for your encouraging words. I'll be out this afternoon checking out the clearance sales. You guys are the best.

Sandy, glad to hear your mom is fine.

Have a great day everybody

Hugs,
Es
Old 01-12-2002, 12:47 PM   #9  

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I'm trying to do a little around the house while I'm babysitting my granddaughter Aliyah. I thought I'd post to the thread while she is sleeping.

I'm also glad the site is back up. I have withdrawals when I can't come check the threads, even if I don't post!!

Sandy, glad to hear your Mom made it though the surgery. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. A few years ago when my dad had open heart surgery it was so great to be able to come here. I was posting on a differeni thread then, but everyone was so supportive. It really was a nice feeling knowing that they cared.

TERRI, Gizmo is a 6 year old shih tzu. I've had him since he was a year old. He came house broke!!! He has been a great companion, but I missed the adorable (and mischievious) puppy stage. Shih Tzu's are so cute as puppies, I really do want another as a companion for Gizmo. He loves children and animals. I had a cat and I swear the two commuticated. Satch (the cat) disappeared last Christmas, he was older and I really think he left in order to die. I never did find him.

ES, I ran into someone at the pet store the other day who also knew someone who had named their shih tzu Gizmo. I guess because they look so much like a Gremlin, it has become somewhat popular. Guess I'll named the next one Furby!!

I'm usually in the chat room after 8 pm (central time). I usually let my husband go to work first before I log on. I didn't chat last night, Maurice and I went out to eat and rented a couple movies.
I may drop in to chat a few minutes tonight, but I know I'll definitely be there Sunday night.

Has your brother always worked out? Now you'll have someone else to workout with if your husband can't go. Is he still on nights?

Es, I'd go ahead and buy you a few things. You can always pay to have them altered once you lose a few more pounds. That way you won't feel like you wasted money. Besides, a new outfit will make you feel good about yourself!!

I hope you and Pete got through you "discussion" alright and I hope you're enjoying your day!!

JANIE, sorry about the creepy experience. It's understandable that you would be a little leery of this guy. Just be careful!! Do you have to be around him much at work? You might want to buy you a can of pepper spray!

JEN, the defense class sounds like fun. I might check into it myself. You never know when you might need to use it. I also may take a beginning martial arts at the university this fall if I'm close to goal by then and if it can fit into my schedule.

MYRA, hope you get your transportation worked out soon. Sometimes when I let my daughter borrow my car, I'll decide to run here or there, then remember I don't have a way!

Well the baby is awake I've got to run.

Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 01-13-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:24 AM   #10  

Sandy,
I am so happy your mom came out of surgery ok. I will be thinking of you guys.

JanieD,
What can I say? That is very scary. You be careful. That is a shame we have to worry about such things.
The R.A.D. classes sound great. Maybe I will get my daughter to do something like that with me. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!

Ruth,
Gizmo sounds adorable. They are precious when they are puppies. My daughter's friend has one just like that and his name is Gadszookie. I am so sorry about Satch.
I loved Gizmo on the Gremlins. Although when I saw the movie I was shocked by the other gremlins. I remember sitting in the theater with my mouth open during the kitchen scenes.
Hope you enjoyed Aliyah

Myra,
Hope your transpotation problem gets better. I know how frustrating that can be.

Essie,
I hope you feel better now. I hate trying on clothes. Those lights should be outlawed. Keep up the exercises. You are going to look great. That will be fun with your brother exercising with you. Hope you and Pete are fine now. If you need to talk you know where I am. Hate those heated discussions with my hubby.

Jen,
No Steelers this weekend either. All the best teams had by weeks this week. Just the worst teams played. Pittsburgh will play the winner of the Baltimore Ravens- Miami game. I hate Baltimore. Go Miami.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Terri
Old 01-13-2002, 07:12 AM   #11  

Angry

Hello My Friends,

Pete & I hardly ever argue. Maybe little disagreements here & there but nothing major. He's very patient & lets me have my say then just keeps quiet which makes me crazy sometimes cause I want feedback. We're okay now. Thanks for asking

Terri & Jen, you crack me up. You remind me so much of my ex-office manager. She loves football & baseball. She gets in the discussion with the guys about the game they watched the night before or over the weekend. She wears shirts, has mugs with her favorite teams. I think that's so cool. I just can't get into it. I wish I could. Pete would be thrilled.

Ruth, I felt lost without being able to get in here. I check out some other websites but it's not like here. I feel so comfortable & at home. I love it here with all my buddies. I saw Gizmo yesterday. He loves it when we visit cause we always bring him a treats. I sware he wants to talk to us. If we don't pay attention to him he sits in front of us & starts barking until we say something to him. He is soooo cute. I stayed there all day so I never went shopping. I get to visit my son & my nephew at the same time. They rent a house together. My son has the studio & my nephew, his wife & son have the other side. They'll be moving by the summer. They're buying a house. I don't know what my son is going to do. Hope you had fun with Aliyah. What a beautiful name.

My brother is a personal trainer. He goes to the people in their homes with his equipment. Most of his clients are very obese. They're too embarrassed to go to a gym. He also, rents a space for the ones that like to train out of their homes. He's all over the place. Now he'll be training at the gym we go to which makes me very happy.

Gotta get ready for church. Be back this evening.
Have a great day!

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 01-13-2002 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, I think that's so cool you'll be seeing your brother at your gym. I didn't realize there were trainers who made house calls like that; always thought it was only the rich and famous who had them. What a great option for those who really need it!

Yes, I love my Bears It's so much fun....you wouldn't believe the assorted stuff I've collected...we've got a big 3 x 5 flag we put out on game days, life-size Bears helmet chip & dip bowl, drinking glasses, serving trays, earrings. I still have Zubaz (remember them from the 80's?)pants with orange and blue bears' faces on them that I wear every game day. I know, it's a sickness.........

Sandy, glad your Mom came through her surgery ok. You made good food choices that day, way to go! It would have been so easy to let stress dictate your eating. That's a big obstacle we all face.

Haven't heard from Dianne lately....how are you?

till later,
~Jen
Old 01-13-2002, 11:28 AM   #13  

JEN, your day in front of the television watching the Bears sounds so much fun!! My ex husband loved sports so I was a big fan, Sundays would conceive of me going to the nearest Western Sizzlin, buying two large salads with everything on them (bet they actually were murder in the calorie department), then coming home and watching the games. My current husband doesn't watch sports, so we don't have any little rituals like that!!!

ES, can you send your brother to Louisiana for a house call!! I'm with Jen, I always considered trainers to be two expensive. But I'd love to have one!!

Glad you and hubby are okay. Your nephews Gizmo sounds so cute. Yesterday while I was holding Aliyah, Gizmo jumped up on the sofa and wedged himself between me and the arm of the couch. It was like he had to be as close to me as possible. He does get a little jealous, but not too bad.

Well I better go, dh just got up and I need to fix him breakfast. Talk to you girls later.

Ruth
Old 01-13-2002, 11:40 AM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello, me again......

Hello ~ I don't know if you remember me...(you have to, I keep coming and going and coming and going...ha!) but I'm here again, back needing y'all for support, understanding and friendship. I don't know why I tend to disappear sometimes (and for months!!) but I do.....so if you'll have me back, I wanna be here!!! Since I've been gone, nothing much has happened other than I am once again, 'starting over' with my weight loss. I'm doing WW points but not going to meetings, just on my own. I am half way through my second week and lost 7.5 lbs after 1 week. I weigh on Wednesday mornings so I will know in a few days what this 2nd week has done.

I also had/have been so busy with work. As some of you who remember me, I am ALWAYS busy with work. But I want to try to slow down some.....take time for my 3FC friends each evening, no matter what.....I've miss you's....I feel good to just have taken this step to post. I pray you are all doing well and I apologize for not addressing anyone personally but I am only now going to go back and read things I've missed.

Patti, your 'online/offline' WW Pal
Old 01-13-2002, 12:53 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

PATTI/ZOE....WELCOME HOME!!!!! Of course we'll have you we've all been there, we're all still here, and always will be.

gotta run, just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to hear from you!

~Jen
Closed Thread