Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Default Can U lose on WW with Diabetes?

I am new here and thinking about joining WW on Friday. I am not diabetic, but I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pg and have a fear that I will one day get real Diabetes, even tho it does not run in my family. (I was very shocked that I had it). I would like to keep an eye on my bloodsugar as I hopefully lose weight. So I was wondering if it was possible. If it is, can someone with diabetes post a typical daily menu so that I can get an idea? I know they won't tell you how to customize it like that at the meetings so I look forward to your responses.

Thank you in advance and I hope to join WW Friday!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Yes you can lose. I have many friends who have gotten and kept or ridded themselves of their diabetes/symptoms with weight loss by utilizing W/W. Your best bet is to have your doctor give you a referral to a nutritionist who specializes in diabetes and help you pick the foods that will keep your sugar levels on an even keel.

Also do a google (or other search engine) search for low glycemic index foods.
Closed Thread