South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Happenings

Another beautiful fall day is on tap for us today. We do need rain desperately, though.

Yesterday I took the girls to a pumpkin farm to pick all the pumpkins they wanted to decorate their farmhouse. We ended up buying a couple of scarecrows, too, and some really neat looking ghosts to hang in the trees. I talked the girls into just painting faces on their pumpkins for now, and they can carve faces into them about a week before Halloween. It made for a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon after a hectic morning for me.
I had to re-schedule my hair appointment for this morning, so I'll be off to that in a bit.

Lisa - Just wanted to tell you that you're looking fantastic! Good for you for not turning to food after all the stress you've been through!

Kier - How are you feeling? So sorry to hear that you had to have more surgery, and I hope you are doing well. Take care!

SunnyBunny - Welcome back to the Beach!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #2  

Morning Cottage!! I am ready for you to send some fall weather our way... it is still so stinking hot! I think there is a chance of things cooling down this weekend.

Just wanted to pop in to say hello before my day starts. I have already been up to finish my last lesson for Bible study tonight, so know I need to get the big kindergartner out of bed.

Have a great day!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Cottage and Kiko! Quickie for me this morning as I am way behind. both in here and IRL!

Cottage, another car accident! Thank the Lord your DIL is OK.

Kiko, we aren't stinkin' hot but it sure is much warmer for this time of year than usual. We've usually had a killing frost by now.

I'm off to my quilting class this morning and then start a cookie making marathon this afternoon for a weekend bake sale. I also must harvest raspberries (again!), Thai basil and yet more tomatoes this afternoon.

Before that though, I need to update our September weightloss thread! I am remiss and may lose my job.

See y'all later. May your Tuesday be merry and bright!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Beautiful cool morning here (in the 60's) will get to the upper 80's later on.

Nothing exiting happening here, just work and more work.
I tried a really good salad dressing recipe yesterday I saw in Cooking Light Magazine. It called for butter and brown sugar, but I replaced those with I can't believe it's not butter and agave necter:
Melt 2 teaspoons ICBINB in a skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, 1 tablespoon agave necter and 1/4 teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning. Cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Combine 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 tablespon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over torn lettuce and thinly sliced red onions.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-02-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, MIA for a bit but things have been crazy and hetic around here, we are having some house trouble and have been had to move dd into the spare bedroom for the winter, so we have been painting and put new flooring in, and of course we have been clearing out junk, and reorganizing. So needless to say my computer time has been pretty much nil. Missed everyone though. Take care and I will pop in again as soon as I can.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, feel like moving to upstate NY after the girls get a bit older? I want you to raise my kids! Seriously, you are so darn creative and energetic...those girls are super-lucky to have you in their lives. Enjoy your hair appointment!

Beautiful Kiko, it's SO nice to "see" you! I can't believe how big your DDs are!!! Seems like just yesterday when you were pregnant with the youngest! Hope you have a great time at Bible Study. I love going to mine!

Amazing Ruthie, you will never lose your job, even if you lie on the chaise lounge and let Mario bring you frothy drinks all day long! You are too important around here and way too wise! That said, off to the weightloss results! I hear you on the harvesting...I have huge basil plants to harvest and onions to pull, a bit of lettuce to pick and some other odds and ends. Hey, what do we do with the raspberry plants to get them ready for winter? We just started ours this year and two of them are still like little bushes, but one created two long, vine-like branches. Should we cut those before winter? Should we wrap them in burlap? I think prepping the garden for winter may be on my "things to do around the house while DH is recouperating" list!

Oooh, Cat, that dressing sounds divine and right up your (spicy) alley! Thanks for sharing! I tried finding Agave Nectar at our Wegman's, but there wasn't any, either in the regular baking aisle or in the organic section. I guess that's something else to look for when I make my next trip to Ithaca (Crunchy Granola Paradise! ).

LC!!! You look absolutely GORGEOUS in your new avatar!!!! Obviously remodeling agrees with you! We miss you tons but can't wait to see the pictures of your new rooms! Speaking of which, did we ever see pics of Ruth's new kitchen? I probably just missed them...

Hello to the chicks who come after!

Me:
It was SO hard to get out of bed this morning. I kept hitting snooze until I had just 15 minutes to get ready for work! Go figure, in my panic to make it, I managed to get to work early for once!

I forgot to tell the student I tutor for Literacy Volunteers that I had to work today (and he doesn't have a phone), so I'm going to have to race there after work today. I get off at the same time that I'm supposed to be there, but luckily, the library is just down the street. Hopefully he'll be understanding.

My roommate from college wrote yesterday to tell me she's pregnant. I'm so happy for her! She didn't know if she wanted kids or not and says she's still conflicted, but there's no going back now! I know she'll be a great mom.

We've actually had tons of rain here...strange storms that are almost like tornados. The one we had last Wednesday uprooted several 200+ year-old trees! A friend of ours who restores classic cars had a 200 yo oak fall on his garage where three of his cars and all his tools were located. He can't get in to see the damage thoroughly yet, but it looks like at least one of the cars is completely totalled and the others are severely damaged.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and those of you who need it get some cool breezes and rain!

Last edited by beachgal; 10-02-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning chicks! It is shaping up to be a lovely day, we have about a week left of 80 degree weather before the cool down is supposed to come.

Cottage I have been saying for a couple of weeks now that I need to get some pumpkins and mums to dress up the outside but have yet to find the time. Have fun getting your hair done, I have made a date with my DD for saturday to get ours done also (boy do I need it!)

Kiko & LC Glad to see you chicks pop in, we miss you!

Ruth Such a busy day! A baking marathon sounds fun, but oh so dangerous for me!

Cat You find the best recipes! I have been surfing the net for some new ones as I am getting bored with the same ole same ole!

Laurie Don't you just hate those days when you have to rush around to get ready? I always feel off all day when that happen.

Speaking of feeling off, tuesdays I don't get to do my yoga as DH has to be to work early and I just can't seem to bring myself to do it with him wandering around the house! I have also got this thing going on with my nose, I feel like someone punched me! I am pretty sure it isn't sinus related as it seems to be more in the bone then the fleshy part. It is just enough that it has given me a small nagging headache. I'm falling apart!

On a positive note, I nearly cried lastnight when my 16 DD called my 20 DS at college just to talk! Said she missed him and wanted to know when he was coming home? They talked for 30 mins! He asked her what she wanted, LOL, that she never calls him just to talk! It's times like those that make you think maybe you have done something right as a parent (and gosh at this age those moments are few and far between!).

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Check back later.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #8  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Pacer- That's so sweet with your kids! My brother started calling me last year when I went away to college and it's so refreshing after spending the past 6 years at each other's throats! He's even only applying to colleges within an hour of me (which really is something, since I'm over 1000 miles from home!).

I'm off to get ready for my first day of work! Day being only 2 hours, but oh well :P I have a bit of an ear infection though so I'm hoping I'll have enough time to make it to the health center before they close!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

P.S. Kiko, we still respect you this morning, even if you did get sucked into the Bachelor last night!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #10  

I'm working from home today due to an early morning meeting. If everyone could make sure the September Exercise thread has been updated, I will try to post the exercise queen today. I appreciate having someone else start up the October one this month. Sometimes, I just run out of time.

Last night was a great council camp directors meeting. We picked a wonderful design for the t-shirts and a different design for the patch. We'll just need to see if BSA approves them now. We want to use Cub Olympians on the wording but they may say the wording is too close to Olympics.

Tonight is a district committee meeting. At least it is close to home.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Yaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh!!!! Is it really almost 1???? CRAP.

Hi girls! How is everyone? Hopefully having a lovely day! I am just swamped trying to get everything done because I'm in another store tomorrow helping do a project (hey, at least I don't have to be there until 10 and I can wear jeans, right?) So I'm a crazy woman, and then I have to train someone for another store from 2-5 in an orientation today. Whew!

Better get on my work. Hope you all are great! Talk soon!

Lisa
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I can't believe it's already 1:15! Where has the day gone?

Cottage: I agree with Laurie, those girls sure are lucky to have you! I'd love to see pics of all the fall decor you're putting up! And, lugging around pumpkins sounds like great exercise! 2 accidents in one weekend! That's horrible ~ I'm glad everyone is alright!

Kiko: I've heard that we're supposed to cool off this weekend as well. I hope so! I'm definitely ready to put away the sunglasses and pull out the scarves! Winter dressing is so much fun! Oh, and I don't judge you at all for the Bachelor-watching! I'm to ashamed to mention the shows I get sucked into!

Ruth: Lady, you're always doing something! I wish I had half your enthusiasm and energy! Hope the baking goes well and that it's not too much temptation for you!

Cat: That dressing sounds delish! I think DH and I might try that on our salmon salads tonight!

LC: Don't worry about being MIA! We definitely understand! I hope the reno is going well and that you're getting the rest you need!

Laurie: I did the same thing with the alarm this morning. However, instead of panicking myself into being early, I panicked myself into leaving the house without my car keys. Thank goodness I remembered my phone -- DH was none too happy to come rescue me, though. That is a ridiculous amount of rain you've gotten!

Pacer: I know what you mean. I HATE for DH to see me working out, so I made sure when we went looking to buy a house, that we only looked at 3-bedrooms. A whole room for me to workout in! Yippee! What a sweet thing your DD did!

Allie: Have a great day at work! Hope your ear feels better!

Barb: I don't understand how you don't always run out of time! Let us know if you need any "posting" help any month! I'll be happy to fill in from time to time!

Lisa: Busy time at work for you! Hope all the training/projects go well and that you have a great weekend planned!

Me: Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Work was busy and DH and I decided to be lazy after work last night. We got sucked into a "Ghost Hunters" marathon on the Chiller channel. At least I was able to crochet about a third of my friend's baby blanket. They're doing a c-section on the 23rd and I'd like her to have the blanket available before then.

Tonight I'm going to WATP with Leslie Sansone, clean out and water the roses, clean out the fridge, and straighten the house. If there's time after all of that, I'll continue working on the baby blanket. No matter what, though, early to bed tonight! I've got to get back into the habit of working out in the morning!

Well, time to get back to stuffing envelopes! Hope everyone has a great day and here's some if you need it!

~Kim
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #13  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Hi Everyone. Way past coffee time but my morning has been all about getting my mil admitted to the nursing home. We have to set it up as longterm care which means medicare is involved. So tons of paperwork and she has to be at the nursing home by 2:00 p.m. today. Still have to work on the financial part. Our hope is that she can rehab and come home again but time will tell. So no working at the restaurant today.

Not even sure if I am going to make my TOPS meeting tonight. I am pretty sure I gained this week but we will see. Trying to be sure I get my water in today cuz that has been an issue since I started P2 and the other issue is that I don't get hungry and just get busy and don't eat so I know I am not eating enough food.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #14  
Michael Ann 1973

Hey Chicks,

Work is insane this week. I can't take even a break...but I am having my mid-afternoon snack and thought I would take a minute to say hi again I started TOM today and feel like crud, but no big deal. I feel great because I am enjoying Phase 1. I am crazy, I know, but I like phase 1...ahaha

Talk to ya'll later...take care everyone.

P.S. Someday soon I will be able to address everyone, but for now I am living vicariously through reading your posts...
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody! It's actually Wednesday here but I forgot to check the board last night and wave to everyone so I figured I'd pop in this morning. Sounds like we're all busy bees!

Kadyn's in the bathroom doing something quiet and Connor is at the table NOT doing his school so I must sign off here.

More later!

Kara
Closed Thread