Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 01:31 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous Forties #110

Myra's post from page 2 of #109:
I think I lost about the same -- somewhere between .5 and .8 according to my home scale. I won't be able to WI tonite because of transportation problems so I'll be depending on you guys keeping me motivated.
--------------------------------------------------
My post:
Hi everyone,

Janie and Myra, you both had losses! Even if it's under a pound, it's something to show for your perserverance. Good job!

My class starts on the 22nd. Went to the school bookstore today for my books, and they didn't have them a wasted trip. I'm calling Friday before I go again!

I'm happy....my first weigh in was this morning, and I lost 3.4 First week's always the biggest. I was having a difficult time on Sunday into Monday. I am trying to analyze what it is that makes me quit on WW. I'm going to attend a second meeting this week, over the weekend, and see if that helps keep me motivated; I'm fortunate to have a WW center less than 2 miles away that offers 21 meetings each week.

I'm beginning a class tonight that's offered by the police dept...rape agressive defense. It's not martial arts, but methods to get out of dangerous situations, etc. No men are allowed, it's taught by women officers; should be interesting. It runs for 4 consecutive Wednesday nights, so I'll keep my mind off food

Janie, while your husband's schedule sounds tiring, I'd much rather get it all done in two days also.

Ruth, sorry to hear you're having family problems. Your break has ended so quickly, you begin on Monday already! ? And you're right, I'm already telling myself I have to ace the next class!

Hi Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Viola

later!
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-09-2002 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:38 PM   #2  

Myra, you will do fine, we have tons of confidence in you girl!! Are you still exercising?

Take care
Ruth
Old 01-09-2002, 02:01 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm trying to, but I'm sort of limited as far as what I can do while I'm housebound. This is a real old house with creaky floors that really don't do well with my aerobics tapes. I'm managed to do some step and kickboxing anyhow. The floor didn't give away so I guess it was OK.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:15 PM   #4  

JEN, I bought my books about 3 weeks ago!! I already glanced at them, in fact, I've been reading my first chapter of accounting today and checked the online web site for the book. Congrats on the the loss, that is great. I think if you'll do fine this time, besides we are here to cheer you on!!!

MYRA, do what you can!! We are here for you!

Gotta go, hubby just got up, I need to fix him something to eat.

Ruth
Old 01-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #5  

Hi everybody,
If the police dept has a handout or video for the defense tips, I'm interested. That is always good information. I need to find a dependable scale until I actually join ww again.
I enjoyed the chat room last night. Do you use your same user names in there or different ones? I used Viola.
Bye for now.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:23 PM   #6  

VIOLA, I use short & sassy and Dianne uses DecemberDianne in the chat room. I must have went in the chat room after you left. I was there until about 11 last night. I bought a $29 digital scale from Walmart, it is right on the money with the weight watcher scale.

Bye
Ruth
Old 01-09-2002, 08:46 PM   #7  

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to Walmart I go!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:59 PM   #8  

JEN, glad to see you in the chat room. It was really busy tonight. Lots of new people coming in. Hated that we missed Dianne. They call her Dorothy when she comes in, I have no idea why. I really thought it was inside joke so I've never asked.

VIOLA, did you get that scale?

Ruth
Old 01-10-2002, 12:35 AM   #9  

Hi Buddies,

It has been a really long day for me. I missed checking in at a reasonable hour. I appreciate being included in this group lots and lots, you are all so thoughtful.

Congratulations on all the losses! Big or small, going in the right direction is what matters. I am not too sure I made progress this week as I am at pre-TOM.

It is hard for me to tell all about my Mom, I tried to post it before and it didn't get through.
Briefly, she had a car accident in Nov 1998. She passed out at the wheel and hit a huge oak tree. This was a really devastating accident, she broke both femurs, her ankle, and fractured her pelvis. She has been through a lot, and even the best medical care cannot put her back together the way she was.
She will be having yet another surgery on her left leg this Friday to continue the process of rebuilding her femur. She will have another one in late February which will include total knee joint replacement.

There! I did it. It is hard to share this stuff, we have all been as supportive of her as possible, but needless to say there has been a lot of stress over the past several years. A lot of it also had to do with my dad's health situation, but I'll save that for another installment.

I really am by nature a person with a sunny and even impish disposition, but there have been challenges.

Hugs to all of you, thanks for the prayers for my mom, and in return I pray that you and yours are safe and healthy,
Sandy
Old 01-10-2002, 02:13 AM   #10  

Ruth,
Poor Gizmo. He sounds so cute. What kind is he and how old is he? I love shih tzus . My sister has two yorkies and a sheltie and my brother has a baby cocapoo.
Tanner is a mix, of what we aren't sure.
He is 1 yr. old. We had to put my beloved Bucky down a year ago. He was 17. Tanner has been a challenge but has turned out to be wonderful and loving. He is so smart and funny. He buries his dog biscuit bone in the couch and covers it with the afaghan by using his nose.
I think we might get another puppy when he is about 5. I do not want to be without a dog in the house again after a death. It was too hard. We had to wait about 2 months because of traveling at Christmas.
Your exercise sounds wonderful! Congrats!
I hope everything with your daughter gets better. Stress is awful when you try to do anything and you have school and ww. Good luck and we are here.

JanieD,
Congrats on the loss. It is in the right direction!!!

We are here for you Myra. That is great! The loss is the same at home or at ww and you will have a bigger loss next week to write down officially.

Sandy,
We are here when you need us. You can tell us anything. I pray your mom gets better. I'll bet that was rough on all of you!
We are glad you are here with us.

Jen,
CONGRATS on the loss. You go girl! You can do this.

Viola,
I hope you got a scale you like.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-11-2002, 10:42 AM   #11  

Talking

Sandy, thinking of you & your Mom today. Let us know how it went. We love having you hear with us.

Terri, I can't even think about Susie not being around anymore. I really got to attached to her. Like the vet said, I love her too much. I've had several dogs but she's different. She's my baby. I love her to death.

Ruth, I told my nephew & his wife about your Gizmo & they couldn't believe it. Same type dog & same name! He must be a cutie. What time are you in the chat room? Maybe I'll stop in tonight.

I'm still OP. For some reason I don't feel any lighter. I'll see tomorrow. I'll weigh-in. I don't like the Saturday leader so I've missed 2 meetings. Silly huh? I'm paying just to weighin

Be back later.
Hi Jen, Dianne, Viola, Janie & Myra.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:44 AM   #12  

Glad to see this is up again. Miss the site when it isn't up.

I wish our pets could live as long as horses and other animals.
It hurts so bad when they die.

Sandy. I am thinking of you and your mom. I hope it all works out. Keep us posted.

Good luck Es. You will be fine. Fingers are crossed.

Hi Dianne, Jen, Myra, Ruth, Viola and JanieD. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Terri
Old 01-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #13  

Hi Buddies,

I am on my way to meet my brother at the hospital. He is bringing my mom there. Later my other brother will be coming from work, we will be getting through the day with lots of support.
I should be able to do well OP also, as I know the cafeteria has a lot of healthy selections. I just have to make the choices . After all, the doctors and nurses are probably health conscious.

It means a lot to me that you offer your support too. This is a great place.
I am looking forward to tomorrow when this surgery is done. I hope I will be a little less self-centered by then and will catch up with all of you too.

Hugs to you and yours,and the pets too!
Sandy
Old 01-11-2002, 12:19 PM   #14  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

My prayers are with you and your mom. Keep us informed.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #15  

Sandy,
I hope all went well with your mom's surgery. I'll definately keep her in my prayers.

Hi all,
I was doing great OP this week until yesterday. I was at a meeting last night and this new guy was there. He was really creepy. I moved away from him and he moved and sat down next to me again. He kept staring at me. I kept moving my chair away from him and I wouldn't take my coat off even though it was really hot in the room. FInally a friend of mine had to leave early to pick up someone at the airport. I just said "I'll walk out with you." When I got home I was so freaked out, I made myself a strong drink and just started stuffing my face. I have no idea how many points I ate. I couldn't wait for STeve and Ellen to come home. I am sorry to vent on all of you but I am still a little scared because he works here at the lab. Now I wish I had taken Karate when I was younger. What do you all do when you need comfort food?

Sorry to creep you out,
JanieD
Closed Thread