Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Weed?

Can I just have someone quick explain what these stand for and where it came from? I see it on the threads for challenges and was interested! Thanks!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi there,
I'm not sure what you mean by 'weed' or 'these'? Did I miss something? If you explain, I'll try to answer! Thanks
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  

WEED --
Water
Exercise
Eating
Daily affirmation

(not sure if it's exercise or eating first, but either way!!)
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
Hello! Are you looking for a fun fabulous place to get motivated, be challenged, find every day inspiration? Then THIS is your thread! I've been a WOW girl for almost a year now and I LOVE this thread! I love these girls! And we're always looking for new help and support. Oh yes, let's do the shameless cut and paste thing...

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During the challenges I mentioned earlier, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.
Here's the quote from one of the W.O.W. Challenges. I'm not part of any of the current challenges but it is definitely interesting.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Yep! Thanks for answering above, I just wanted to say *ahem* Miss Shelby, I am MISSING you on the WOW threads!!! Pop back in and say hey!

And I'd love to see the rest of you as well! We're not too strict on jumping in in the middle, come on over!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:17 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I wanted to add that it works for anyone following any diet plan whether Low carb, calorie counting, slim fast. . . .anything. Join in we love having new people!

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-25-2007 at 05:17 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote