Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default To weigh in or NOT

Yesterday was my birthday and today is my WI. I dont know if I should go because I dont want to see a gain. I didnt eat that much yesterday I split my portion in the restaurant but I also went to the Cowboy game. And that contained ALOT of alchol. By the end of the night everyting I eat and drank was out of my system because I had way to much to drink so I got sick, and it all came up (TMI) Im not sure how this would reflect my weigh in. I ate and drank alot but since it all came up would that matter? My jeans are lose today, and Im feeling good. I just dont want the scale to put me in a bad mood. Any suggestions???

Thanks!!!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I say WI no matter what. Keep yourself accountable. Skipping WIs (IMO) is just an excuse to possibly not get back on track!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I also say weigh in. Whatever damage there is, and there may not be much, is already done. You weigh what you weigh whether you see the number or not. But it can help to keep you accountable. There's no reason for you to be put in a bad mood. You know exactly what you did and what the consequences may be. It happens. Today is another day.

Happy birthday!!! I hope you enjoyed. Sorry you got sick. And that was quite a game last night. Lucky girl you are!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #4  

Thanks Robin!!

I did go weigh in...196.7. I know the consequences of what I did, but I just feel horrible now. I get so down and out. I just got off the phone with my insurance company to see if they cover the lap-band, and what do you know. They cover it 100%. I even submitted a form to one of the clinics here. Ive called about 3. Deep down I know I want to do this myself, but its taking a huge toll on me. Just being so depressed about my weight.

Ive been doing good this last week then I have a huge slip up, and I feel likeits the end of the world. I just hate that I have to go through this. Im determined to try and not let this slip up ruin me. Its just so hard some times
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just my opinion, staciec, but a lap-band won't solve your problems unless you learn how to eat the right way. Check it out. We have lots of information here on 3FC about this and other approaches. We also have a Weight Loss Surgery forum where you can get many questions answered.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Stacie, your insurance company may cover lap-band, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will cover it for YOU. You might not just be considered heavy "enough", especially if you have no medical problems due to your being overweight, but like Jay said the folks over at the WLS forum may be able to help you out better with that aspect of it.

What's done is done. You weighed in, you owned up to it. A slip up is not the end of the world. They are bound to happen. You just have to do your VERY best to make those slip ups few and far between. And when you do have one, don't think twice about it. Hop right back on the good eating plan. Don't give yourself the option NOT to. I know it's hard. Very,vary hard at times. But it's also hard being overweight. You just need to choose your hard. Good luck to you.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #7  

Heck, I've had planned "slip ups" from the very start. If I told myself when I started that I would never eat fried chicken or BBQ ribs again, I know I would never have started. Sure, the scale sometimes shows a gain. But in the long run, the trend has been downward. And the long range trend is what matters.

Accept that you are human, pick up the pieces, and soldier on. You've lost 15 pounds, so you know what you have to do. Today is a new day, a new start.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #8  

Thank you ladies!
I know what I need to do, its just so hard sometimes. When I called my insurance, and a biatric clinic and filled out a form so they can see if I can be accepted. Even for a medically supervised diet( that my insurance wont cover) I still cant see myself going through with it, Im just looking for an easy way out. I made myself fat so I need to make my self healthy now.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

stacie may i make a suggestion...with such low self esteem of yourself right now, i would highly suggest seeing a professional. This isn't meant to demean you. But in order for you to be successful in weight loss you have to get control of you life and not take the little slip ups with such tragedy as you are. There are people out there meant to help. They can help bring out the issues you have and face them to help you realize that YOU ARE A WONDERFUL person no matter what size. I'm your same height and have been at your weight at differnt stages in my life. But when i was finally ready to loose the weight...i wasn't bothered/depresseed by small set back..yes of corse they are disappointing but not the all ending. I think you need to start focusing on making your mind and heart healthy and then you will find weight loss will a little easier. Loosing weight doesn't solve all the problems that are being faced by you..and sometimes i find that until you face your insecurities and begain to love you for who you are, you will never begin to loose the weight. I think you can do it...just believe in yourself. Good luck!!!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #10  

I do have very low self esteem. Sometimes Im invisible to people when Im with one of my friends who are skinnny. I know you get treated better when youre not overweight, and it just hurts me to know that. An actually experiencing it.

I have seem a pro before and they just put me on mood altering drugs that make me VERY MEAN. I also had a very bad addiction to xantax and they keep prescribing them to me so I stopped seeing her. Xantax turn me into a completly different person. I wouldnt even think about doing some of the stuff I did when I was on those. (Sorry if this is off topic)

I know losing the weight wont solve all my problems but I think I might have more self respect if I actually had a decent body to take care of. We all know its hard being overweight in our society. We get judged, we get treated different. Im trying to get my life toghether. I leave my house at 8am, I have a respectful job and I go to school full time I dont get homee till 11pm. I dont want to have my weight define me. I am a beautiful, smart, caring young lady. I just wished the outside of me could reflect the way I feel on the inside.

Last edited by staciec878; 09-10-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

There is a forum on this site concerning Weight Loss Surgery. They discuss primarily bypass, but some will know about the lap band procedure. It sounds like you are at the end of your proverbial rope re: your weight, and will consider all your options carefully. Keep in touch with everyone, and don't beat yourself up over your slips.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
I am a beautiful, smart, caring young lady. I just wished the outside of me could reflect the way I feel on the inside.
Well there you have it then!!! You ARE a beautiful, smart, caring young lady. If you want the outside to reflect that, why does it necessarily have to wait until you lose the pounds? Let it reflect it with your ATTITUDE. Keep it in mind at all times just what you are - that smart, beautiful young lady. Attitude and confidence is half the battle. With LOTS of things. Start off your day telling yourself just how special you really are. Pamper yourself a little. Take a nice hot bath before you leave for the day or in the evening when you get home. Drink some nice hot tea in a pretty tea cup. If money allows, get yourself a manicure and pedicure, if not, do it yourself. Buy yourself a pretty new piece of jewelry. It doesn't have to be expensive. It can be something costume. Buy a new lipstick. Get a hair cut. Maybe a new style. Do something special for yourself every week. Start feeling good about yourself right this minute.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

i think rockinrobin hit the nail on the head. The weight shouldn't influence you...trust me..my skinny friends have just as much crap to deal with. in fact a lot of thin ppl are very insecure too. You need to believe you are beautiful, you are worth it and you are special. I think you should treat yourself to things that help promote your self worth. As for a professional, you don't have to go to psychologist who may put you on drugs...that's not what i'm indicating...but there's counsilors (who don't dispense drugs), theres local support groups, and there's life coaches that help you learn who you are. And yes, ppl will judge you less if you are smaller...but you know what...when i was 190lbs...i proved to ppl that just because i'm overwt i could do it. I was more motivated than ppl half my size. You just need to focus on the positive. You need to find one good thing about you every day. And stop focusing on the negative. Hang in there..you can do it!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #14  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Stacie, you can do this. I had a 6 lb. gain last week, but I refuse to stop weighing in. I refuse to miss my meetings. When I have slip ups, and I also take a break now and then, I just get right back on track because I don't want to lose what I've already gained(or vice versa). Today I'm down by over 3 lbs. from last week's weigh-in. I've still lost over 50 lbs. and I am so determined to keep the weight off and to lose the rest of it. Even the WW leaders have their moments and I'm so grateful that they share their slip ups with us. It's not going to be a perfect journey. There are going to be some difficult times. I know you can do this. As I always say, if I can do it anybody can.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote