Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 AM   #1  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Default A calorie for a calorie

If I break down and binge, would exercising the calories off at the same time, equal out? A calorie for a calorie.
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  

Yes, at least in theory.

Because weight maintainence is when

energy in = energy out

so if you ate (or binged on), say 1,000 calories, then doing 1,000 calories worth of exercise (2.5 hours fast walking, for example) would burn it off.

Consume 3500 cals that you don't burn off, and your body stores that as 1lb (of fat).

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5"10"

Good Morning Kati,

Exercising will burn off the extra calories yes. I just read lasnight that walking one mile burns 100 calories. Binging isnt good though. I have trouble with eating when I am bored. I am trying to find things to do with my time when I am not working. Keeping my hands and my mind occupied. Take care! Sugar C.

Last edited by sugarcookie53201; 09-10-2007 at 10:18 AM.
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Yes, but....

while you can be reasonably certain of the calories you intake, there's a lot more variability in what you burn. It's not like you can set a "metablolism timer" to go off when you burn x calories. You can find charts of the "average" calories burned for certain activities, but your body may burn more or less. Also, the limit of what you can burn is far exceeded by the amount of calories you can take in.

As long as you can keep things in perspective, and use good common sense, then exercising more in response to having eaten more is a logical response. Just don't let it make you crazy. Tying to run off a 1000 calorie binge in a single day isn't going to be a healthy response. In fact, it might be best to acknowledge the mistake and just move on.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #5  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

In and out, yes that can make you crazy. Remember the CSI episode where the model died, and had done some pretty drastic things with input and output? Not pretty. Anyways my thought wasn't trying to get rid of thousands of calories, but more like, instead of binging on a bag of candy corn and feelign like crap, I can eat a serving of it (140 calories) and then hit the treadmill and feel okay. I achip at this kind of things for days until I find something that works and is safe.

You should have seen me as I was preparig for childbirth! My husband was wondering if he had married an alien
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ok, you must be careful about this. Some people do this regularly and it is known as exercise bulimia. Instead of purging through your mouth you purge the calories through intense exercise. Not good.

I would stop. Try and think about what was bothering me so much that I binged (because it is never just about food). And then make peace. Tomorrow is another day. Your body will sort those calories out eventually so long as you can try and stick to a healthy "diet."
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati View Post
Anyways my thought wasn't trying to get rid of thousands of calories, but more like, instead of binging on a bag of candy corn and feelign like crap, I can eat a serving of it (140 calories) and then hit the treadmill and feel okay.
Then that wouldn't be a "binge" then the way you describe this, would it? It would be calories worked into the allotment for the day, right?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #8  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Oh yes I guess so. I mean I am not even allowed to have candy corn, and only 1 half of a chocolate chip cookie on this guide thingy I am using. That sucks and is not going to work. I didn't realize how much junk food I ate until I began to chart it. Yowzer I consume tons of empty calories in junk food. I also had no idea about exercise bulemia, never eve heard of it.

I am just casting out for ways to do this without constant failings.