Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #1  
Finding Me

Exclamation Just going through the motions

Ok, So i've read a lot of the other threads and my situation sounds so similar but latley I've gotten worse. I have never actually came out and admitted that I am a over-eater or a compulsive eater, but I AM! Heres the thing... All during the day, like many of you, I am fine. I eat healthy, well-portioned meals and I am ok. My boyfriend, who I live with, leaves for work at 11pm. Sometimes, about an hour before he gets ready to leave Ill be thinking of what I am going to eat after he leaves....and sometimes I tell myself, not tonight, not this time...I am done doing this. Then he leaves, and I eat and eat and eat. Then of course feel extremley guilty about it.
The past few days, I tell myself Im not hungry, and I don't want to eat, but I still do it, completly emotionless...it's like Im just going through the motions because it has become a habit and because I am bored. I Don't think it has to do with lonliness because before we moved in togather and before we WERE togather I lived alone. It seems that when I was going to the gym I had this problem under control for the most part. once in a great while I might slip up...but 95% of the time I was under control. I know some of you might say, just to get back in the routine of going to the gym, but i don't think that is going to really fix my problem. I am new to all of this and am just now able to admit that I really have a problem, my boyfriend is super supportive and loving. Any Advice?!?!
Thanks in advanced
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

It sounds like you're eating simply because he's leaving. If it were me, I'd write write write all about that. Get it ALL out--anger, frustration, loneliness, abandonment, tireness, everything. Over and over and over, if I had to. As you say you're NOT hungry, and that ISN'T why you're eating. The first thing to do is STOP eating. The second thing to do is figure out why you're eating. From there, you address it. Better the enemy you know, right?

Come here and write, if you want. We'll listen.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote