Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Super Depressed

I fell and hit my head on Thursday. (If you want to read the entire account, it's on my blog). Due to the subsequent injuries, I was basically a painful vegetable for 5 days. Movement, let alone exercise, brought about intense feelings of death.

I was so depressed because I couldn't exercise, I ate. Then I was so depressed because I had eaten so much...that I ate some more.

Now I want to crawl in a hole and hide from my clothes and tape measure...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, I am so sorry you were injured! All I can say is get better and try not to beat yourself up too much!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Love the story on your blog...so sad it was true....I say FORGET about your weigh in this week...take a week off your program due to the injury and re-start your weigh in's in the next week or two....in the big picture...one week of not weighing is not gonna hurt!

Prayers.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Oh Altari! I'm so sorry! What a terrible thing to have happen! You really shoulda seen a doctor... and maybe you still should? Or maybe you did and just didn't put it in your blog.

Anyway, like EZ said, take the week off. One week won't break your program--unless you let it! The important thing is to recover... and then get back on track.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh that's horrible. I'm glad that the worst is behind you.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You've been through a traumatic experience. It's perfectly normal and to be expected to veer off of track when going through something like that. Take good care of yourself, get yourself together and then get back down to the business at hand. You'll be so happy that you did.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #6  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks all for the kind words.

I took a few days off, and am now back into the swing of thing (mostly). I even had a inch loss for this week, which amazed me. I was sure I'd be right back where I started.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #7  
want2bTrue

S/C/G: 178/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I just read your update: that you had an inch loss so you're doing better!! I fell a month ago and hit my head too; NOT nearly like you tho!! I did go to the ER but all was okay, i was just very loopy for 2-3 days. But I know what you mean, I ate more, too, in that foggy state! At first, I didn't...I was foggy. But THEN, I just kind of ate in a safe, self defense kind of mode. It was weird. Like, I knew I needed to care for myself and hazily putting food in my mouth was the first obvious way how. But... it really threw off my momentum in my moderation in eating and consequent weight adjustment (my way of saying weight loss); and that got me SCARED at first. I've noticed FEAR makes me mess everything up. It's not the overeating mode that messes me up so badly; I realize that comes and goes at times. But when I have fear, I keep on the wrong track and can't get off. So... I know what you meant about how you felt after you fell, my friend!!!! If you ever need a friend, email me or send me a private message right here on 3fc.

Last edited by want2btrue; 09-08-2007 at 04:23 PM.
want2btrue is offline   Reply With Quote