Old 08-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Default how many calories in a grilled quarter pounder?

anyone have any idea?
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

420 without cheese with cheese 530 information from Calorie King.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
420 without cheese with cheese 530 information from Calorie King.
OUCH! No wonder I use Extra lean ground beef....
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #4  
it's always something

McDonalds over there use different recipes, and sometimes the calories are different. The Quarter Pounder with cheese is 500 calories. They don't list one without cheese, but you could order it without and save a few
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'10

dont eat that stuff unless your trying to be fat...
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin View Post
dont eat that stuff unless your trying to be fat...
That's kinda rude, don't you think? Lots of people work treats into their diets and aren't fat.

Last night, I went out to dinner with a friend and ate a lot more calories in one sitting than a quarter pound fast foodburger. I had a glass of wine, 2 pieces of bread dipped in olive oil/vinegar, some fried calimari, 1/2 ribeye, some vegetables and split a chocolate molten lava cake/scoop of vanilla ice cream washed down with coffee with cream/sugar.

Am I trying to be fat or am I living a happy, normal life where I make good decisions 95% of the time and allow treats and indulgences occasionally?

I've eaten a meal like that once a week for the 2+ years I've been maintaining, with no issues. One meal didn't make me fat. Eating badly all day every day made me fat.

Last edited by Glory87; 08-25-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
That's kinda rude, don't you think? Lots of people work treats into their diets and aren't fat.

Last night, I went out to dinner with a friend and ate a lot more calories in one sitting than a quarter pound fast foodburger. I had a glass of wine, 2 pieces of bread dipped in olive oil/vinegar, some fried calimari, 1/2 ribeye, some vegetables and split a chocolate molten lava cake/scoop of vanilla ice cream washed down with coffee with cream/sugar.

Am I trying to be fat or am I living a happy, normal life where I make good decisions 95% of the time and allow treats and indulgences occasionally?

I've eaten a meal like that once a week for the 2+ years I've been maintaining, with no issues. One meal didn't make me fat. Eating badly all day every day made me fat.
i know my mcdonald's foods are loaded with unhealthy fats, trans fat, high cholesterol, all that jazz. i havent eaten that stuff in years. Have you seen that documentary?

you pretty much feasted on foods that went through your body a little easier then a greasy burger.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #8  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

I have to agree with Glory. What was said does seem pretty rude and unneeded to me. Working a treat here and there in your diet is not that bad. As long as it is not an everyday type thing. Once a month if you wanna work one into your diet go ahead as long as you can fit it into your calorie counts.

About a month back hubby wanted pizza and yes I have three plain slices. But i worked it into my calorie counts for that day and it did not hurt my weight loss at all. Because I kept it within my calorie limits for that day.

sweetlovin: if you are talking about Super Size Me I have seen it long after I gave up much of my fast food eating. But you miss you element of that movie. He was talking about people who eat that type food everyday several times a day and not the once a month (or every few months) treat.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #9  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

sweetlovin....

There are ways of saying your opinion other than how you did. What tastes good isn't always good for us...in fact most of the time it isn't, but some of us like to have those things once in a while. While it may be smarter to pick up some extra lean ground beef and make your own burger...

Maybe they just want a burger from mcdonalds because it's one of their treats.

At any rate, I believe your comment to be rude. You can voice your concerns in other ways.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBrownEyes View Post
sweetlovin....

There are ways of saying your opinion other than how you did. What tastes good isn't always good for us...in fact most of the time it isn't, but some of us like to have those things once in a while. While it may be smarter to pick up some extra lean ground beef and make your own burger...

Maybe they just want a burger from mcdonalds because it's one of their treats.

At any rate, I believe your comment to be rude. You can voice your concerns in other ways.
Sorry i guess it was a bit uncalled for.. he probably knew it was going to be a moderation thing anyway.

EDIT- actually yeah. it was kinda rude. geez is it TOM or what?

Last edited by sweetlovin; 08-25-2007 at 05:52 PM.