UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #1  
spending time aimlessly

S/C/G: 144/141/132

Height: 5'7

Default Time for new scales?

My wagon seems to have had an ejector seat fitted - every time I climb back on I shoot off and land in a huge pile of chocolate!

My scales have been cheerfully telling me I've only put on about a kilo, but today I found I couldn't get into my blue dress anymore

So reality check and I need to climb back on the damn wagon and avoid the ejector seat

I'm thinking of getting a new set of scales, ones that won't just tell me what I want to hear. Maybe one of those ones that tells you body fat too?

Should I do it? Or will I just not like what the news scales have to say?
piddlingaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #2  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

My OH tells me on a regular basis that we need new scales. Apparently he can't weigh that much! The other year I listened to him and stupidly bought new scales. He weighed the same on the new ones as the old ones.

If I were to buy new scales now I would get ones that measure body fat. But I bought some new digital ones back in January. They were expensive but they are weight watchers ones.
kn1ghtbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #3  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

The scales that meassure body fat are good, I have a set And I have a lot of body fat!

Pidlingaround, don't keep worrying about the numbers on the scale, get back on plan, ignore the chocolate and save it for a treat time....

I read an interesting article about scales a bit ago.

It said most of us let them rule our lives, each day, most people stand on them, if the number has sgone up cos they ate something gooey and lovely the day before, the number showing just ruined their whole day.... they eat healthily again, the number doesn't change the next day, another day ruined for them.... if the number goes down, they're elated and have a great day...

How true is that? I have taken this thought very seriously since reading it, I don't get mopey if the scale stays the same or goes up a pound, I pld n, knowing what to eat correctly and exercising, and have a smile when the number goes down... I'm not going to let a little machine I stand on, dictate to me how my day is going to turn out.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:54 AM   #4  
spending time aimlessly

S/C/G: 144/141/132

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys, I will shop around for some body fat ones next week.

BritinNJ - you're so right, it's amazing how important the numbers are - and that's daft really! I'm going to be really focused this week. Unfortunately I'm committed to having Thai with some friends this evening, but I reckon if I go for tofu stir fry - no coconut milk and avoid the rice it shouldn't be too bad. I guess tempuras are out though
piddlingaround is offline   Reply With Quote