South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - August 24

Good rainy morning from muggy Delta. The Girls are barking up a storm trying to scare away the thunder and it's just pouring out there. It's much needed so I'll not complain. I'm sure glad I picked wedding flowers yesterday. I also bought some when I was in town so we sure will have enough!

I must apologize for not doing more commenting but I am overbooked as usual. I MOD another website too and seem to have a sort of busy Real Life. I do read everything though.

This morning I plan to sit at the diningroom table and finish those fiddly pew decorations for the wedding. I won't put them on the pews for the rehearsal tonight just in case the bride decides she wants them different! I've learned that the hard way with brides. I have a utility sink full of gorgeous flowers and greenery and will do the arrangements this afternoon. That's another thing I've learned in doing weddings - do the flowers the day ahead in case something is a "wilter". I've got ferns, hydrangea, carnations, daisy mums, Persian lilies and tons of Queen Anne's Lace for filler - no black although I have some dark purple vines that I may work in.

So - on with the day. What's happening chez toi today?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, I'd love to see pictures of those flowers when you are done!!!

Moi...I'm going to go get ready for school in just a bit. After I get home today, we are going on our "Friday Date". My husband is off of work on Fridays and Saturdays. Usually Saturdays mean yard work, house cleaning etc. so we try to go somewhere for a date on Friday afternoons. Today we are going to a town about 20 minutes from here to a new restaurant. I just took a look at the lunch menu and the tuna looks like it will be my choice. There are some cute shops in the area, so a stroll around the shops might be in order after lunch.

Have a fun Friday!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF! There's something special about Fridays, especially when it's a payday Friday!

No rain here today, and it feels like summer is back with us. We'll probably spend the day at the pool. Cindy and I went through the girls' closets and dressers yesterday getting things in order. Boy do those girls have a lot of clothes!

If you get a chance, Ruth, you'll have to post some pictures of the flower arrangements. The flower selections sound lovely, and I especially love hydrangeas. Purple sweet potato vine would look very nice with them.

Weezle, hope you have a successful yardsale today and that you make a ton of money! I'm borrowing your suggestion of drinking Sleepytime Tea before bedtime, and I had a great night's sleep last night. Thank you!!!!

Dixie, sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you aren't too sore today.

My tummy is telling me it wants breakfast. BTW, I managed to control the munchies yesterday and stayed completely OP!
Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks.... I quickie for me today. I have a todo list a mile long, and I am going away tonight at supper time as soon as the kids are all picked up. YIPEE its my girls week end. I am so excited to see my friends. So I am wishing you all a.......

Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, feels good to be back home. The gang cleaned up while I was away, so it was very nice to not walk into a disaster area yesterday. It's very drizzly and misty here this morning. And it's Friday , the bestest day. I have really stayed OP this week, so I'm looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, hope I'm not setting myself up for a disappointment! The cupboard is pretty bare, so I'll have to scrounge to find something for lunch and dinner. I don't think I'll be able to get to the store until this evening. Lots of work to do today, of course. DD has a pool party this afternoon, so I hope it clears up for them. Then pizza at my parents for the kids, and then there is a kid's theatre performance in the park for charity that I'd like to get to. And Monday is truly the most wonderful day of the year, back to school!

cottage, tell me about it. We don't do alot of shopping, but both of my girls closets are packed. Of course DD1 does all her own shopping, but I can't figure out where DD2 gets all of hers! I think it's because she grows very slowly. At the age of 9, she is only just now growing out of the last of her size 6's.
femme, have a great date. What a nice way to close out the week! DH and I used to do a date night, when DD1 was home and available for babysitting, but we got out of the habit.
Ruth, do take a picture for us, I'm sure the flowers will be gorgeous.
weezle, good luck getting rid of all of your excess stuff. Hope you make a bundle too. It's funny, back home I was used to yard sales on Sat and Sun mornings. When I moved here, I noticed they do them on Fri afternoon and Sat morning. Where you live do they start on Fri morning? How long will you go - seems like there would be a lot of traffic after people get off work.
Dixie, hope you are not sore and black and blue today.
littlechick, have a fantastic time with your buddies!
bkstitch, I try to make out menus every week, but not always successful. When I do, it's a great help with staying on plan, and also it's really nice not to have to think about dinner at the last minute and knowing what to defrost in advance. I've found some great recipes on the site here.

Where are Kara, indigal, and Nessa these days?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies:
I'm swaying in my seat this morning, cracked out on Pain meds and waiting for the dentist office to open so i appeal to him to pull my wisdoms. I awakened at 1 ish this morning wishing i could hack off half of my face.
I'm going to convince DH that I need to go to the healthfood store before and get some protien shakes. . .the last time I had a tooth pulled and took the dr's advice Ice cream and EVERYTHING went to Hades and back.
Ruth can't wait to see your pictures!!!
Cat that restaurant looks AWESOME Enjoy Datenight!
Cottage I think Clothing multiplies when you areen't looking!
Lisa Good luck with the sale!
LC Have fun!
SChmoodle isn't being in your own space after being away the best! esp when it's clean!!

Dh and I were supposed to do date night last night but he got stuck at work.
in 3 hours one of my best friends lands in America. She lives in England and we havne't seen her since xmas time I hope the teeth don't keep me from going out!
bbl
Kier
Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Just a quick flyby for me this morning...today is the day of my farewell pizza/beer/cake party at work. If I'm up 10 lbs at the end of this month, I'll know why.

There's also going to be a "roast" portion of my party...can't wait to hear what embarrassing things people will say!

I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  

Good Morning,
I do hope everyone is glad it is Friday! Our new Borders opened yesterday, so last night I met some of my friends there, we stitched and had coffee. I just love to spend time with my friends. We were talking about projects and to do lists. I told them we need to get a challenge going and be accountable to one another to get things done. Maybe that is what I need to finish all of my ufo's. Maybe we could start some kind of challenge here. We could list the things for the month what we would like to get done and be accountable to one another. Anyone game for this?????????? It would be like our weight loss for the month.

We could start a thread to list our projects for the month, be it sewing, home projects, paperwork, etc. and then as we finish we will mark off what we have done. Maybe too it will help to be busy so our mind is not on food all the time. What do you think? If we do this what would we call the thread?

I better stop babbling, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, let me know if you would like to do a monthly challenge.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! I had a HUGE NSV today! I'm standing in front of my closet this morning whining that I have no jeans that fit anymore and my 16 year old daughter runs out of the room and comes back with pair of her jeans and a shirt and says here put these on. I laugh at her and say "yeah right" trying to prove her wrong I put them on. THEY FIT!!!! She says "that's so cool you can wear my clothes"! Well I am struttin my stuff like a rooster with his tail feathers out today!

ARGH! I may be struttin but work is pulling me back to reality. Have a great day girls! Yack at ya all later!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. It never rains, but pours around here. In the last 3 months we've lost 3 engineers, and I just found out we're losing another. No one's been replaced either. AND to top it off, one of the other engineers is going to Europe for a 6 week vacation in Oct. So, pile on the work and pray it gets done!

I'm off to a meeting now that we're going to try to make some sense out of this chaos.

Hope everyone has a great OP day
Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF!!!

Ruth: You are such a talented lady. I would love to see the flowers -- if you have time to snap some pics and upload them! Don't worry about not commenting. We know you care about all of us and you always comment when it's important!

Cat: What a wonderful afternoon you have planned with DH! That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your eating and shopping.

cottage: Good thing that the rain is gone and those girlies can enjoy the pool a little longer!

LC: Enjoy your girls' weekend! I'm so excited for you!

Schmoodle: Sounds like a busy weekend for you - I hope that it is a lot of fun!

Kier: I hope that dentist does the sensible thing and takes your teeth out! Hope you feel better soon, hon!

Betty: Enjoy the party!

bkstitch: What a fun night! Is this going to be a weekly thing? I think your idea about the "to-do list" sounds great! If you get it started, I'll jump right in!

Pacer: That is an absolutely wonderful NSV! Yay for you!

mare: Yikes! Sounds like a lot of stress your way! Hope it gets better and that they hire some help soon!

ME: Not much going on today. I'm planning on having a slow, relaxed day at work and then a slow, relaxed evening at home. I'm having a heck of a morning, though. One of my appraisers just turned in her resignation. Boss-man is out until Sep. 4th for vacation. I JUST filled my other vacancy, so I don't know what I'm going to do. All this just in time for tax season. Whoopee. Good thing I planned breakfast this morning or else I would have been heading for the bakery!

This weekend shouldn't be too busy. We've got a housewarming party for one of DH's friends and his wife on Saturday, church on Sunday, and maybe bbq Sunday night. We'll have to wait and see, though. Hope everyone has a great day! Here's some for FRIDAY!!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Hey everyone. I'm finally back in the land of the living. I've had a devil of a time with a tooth that I had extracted almost two weeks ago and had an implant put in. This past weekend I was in the dentist office both days getting novacaine injections and packing the "dry socket" just to get throught the days. Ugh. On Tuesday I started vomiting. Sheesh! Today I finally feel like I might live.
Went for a run this AM and it felt pretty good. I'm still not 100% but at least I'm doing it.

Ruth, good luck with the flowers! You are sooo talented and giving.

Cottage, have fun at the pool.

Femme, have a great date!

littlechick, have a fun weekend with the girls! Sounds like a blast.

Schmoodle, good luck with weigh in tomorrow. Hope the scales are kind to you.

KO, I'm sending pain free teeth feelings your way! I can relate!

Bauhaus! Have a fun farewell day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkstitch, you sound so organized and energetic! I can't even count my ufo's, sounds like a great plan!

pacer, I can't imagine being able to say "oh, these old jean???" "Ah, they are just an old pair of my DAUGHTERS!" That's awesome!

immare, good luck with your short staffed situation. Not sure how you get a handle on something like that.

Kimstar, sounds like you have a busy week planned. Have fun.

Well, I'm off to tackle the laundry and take a nap. I'm working an extra shift from 10 pm till 6 AM. Friday nights are so weird in the ER, I'm going to need all the energy I can get.

Hugs
Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Day 1 of the garbage sale was successful! We did 6-noon today and are doing the same thing tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll have more traffic tomorrow because most people don't work Saturday mornings, but we'll see. Total we've sold $166 but $112 of that is from my junk. WOO HOO! I'll TAKE it!

Better eat something. Have a really busy day today. Gotta go to the Y to cancel my membership, get my hair done, go to dinner for MIL and Grandma's birthdays, then to karaoke to socialize with friends. Have a great day girlies! Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes. I need them, always, especially lately.

Lisa
Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #14  

This afternoon Brian and I went to the school for him to find his desk and for us to buy school supplies. Apparently the principal decided the teachers would not be there today when the kids came since he feels more parents will come to curriculum night if they haven't met the teacher ahead of time. I would have prefered to meet the teacher today too. I still always come to the Curriculum night.

Tomorrow is a potluck for the people I staffed Wood Badge with and their families. I'm making the crustless sugarfree strawberry pie (perfectly on plan) as well as a Chocolate Decadence Bundt cake (horribly off plan). I'll just do my best to eat healthy.

I'm working tonight but I hope it won't take too long.
Closed Thread