South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - August 23

Good morning. I finally get to start the Daily! I had a bad night last night - darned nightmares! I guess I have to stop watching Criminal Minds and CSI in the evenings! Duh!

It's dull again today and is supposed to be sort of muggy again. I will go to town this morning to buy some wedding flowers. I toured my poor gardens yesterday and white flowers are looking pretty bedraggled. I need to pick up a few food things in the city as well so it won't be a trip just for flowers. You can't run a Beach House without Laughing Cow cheese and our small local store doesn't stock it - or Fiber One!

Time to cruise the boards and see if I can spot any SPAM. I just love SPAM with my coffee in the morning.

What's happening around your Beach towel this morning?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:36 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning.
Ruth, I hope you can find some flowers that will be perfect! My flowers here aren't doing great either, too much heat, too little water now after torrents for most of the summer. I started cutting back my roses a few days ago. I can only do one or bushes a day because of the heat. Maybe my second growing season will be better than the first.

I found out yesterday that I have to "sub" in another classroom today for a couple of hours. 1/2 of the kids at school started yesterday and 1/2 will start today...so It will be this group's first day at school and I have to do the "tour" with them in all this heat..it was 104 yesterday. Please don't let them be whinny cause I will whine with them. Their teacher has to go to a meeting today..hope it doesn't run over 2 hours!!

Ya'll have a great day.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Ruth. I guess our soggy weather is making it's way up there. It stayed overcast all day yesterday, but at least it didn't rain. Today we're actually going to see the sun! Enjoy your day shopping, and avoid the street with the Chinese Buffet!

I had an awful case of the munchies all day yesterday, just wanted to eat all day. The girls were all busy playing, and I guess I was just bored. At least everything I ate was OP, just too much of it! I've got to get myself back on track today, though, before it starts getting out of hand! I'm wearing a pair of capris with a snug waistband today, and I'm hoping that will be a reminder for me.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cat. Try not to wilt in that heat, ugh! Does your school have AC?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #5  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I'm in the Chicago train station. My train ended up being 13 hours late. Yeah. Ugh. I got on when it was *only* 8 hours late. We didn't end up pulling into Chicago until 5AM when we were supposed to be here at 4PM. Because I'm moving into my dorm hopefully tomorrow (and my mom is only flying up for a few days), I have to take a Greyhound bus for 24 hours from Chicago to Boston because the earliest train would only get me into Boston at 11PM tomorrow night. Le sigh.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #6  
faylene

good mornin everybuddie
i seem to be flying in and out of this site but im reading it everyday...im just having a really really hard time getting on track but you all are a huge help even if you dont know im here
faylene
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks... just a quickie for me... ton of stuff to do today. Laundry being on the top of my list. I leave tomorrow night right after the kids all leave for my reunion.... I am so excited. Well gotta to dash. I will be back later.

Ruth- You are one of the best mods. Have fun with your spam. Enjoy your coffee.

Cottage- NO EATING- you are doing great so no mindless snacking today.

Cat- I hope the tour goes quickly and wineless. Have a great day.

charolastra00- your trip does not sound pleasant. hope the rest of your trip is painless.

mamma- hope you have a great day. and GET BACK ON TRACK> YOU CAN DO IT. have a great one.

me- Nothing. ok housework. Maybe the beach if it warms up enough. Which I think it will.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #8  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Morning, Cat. Try not to wilt in that heat, ugh! Does your school have AC?
Oh, yeah. Every building here in S.Lousiana has AC. The last time I remember no AC in a school was in 1965. I was in 5th grade when the school I went to first got ac. It is VERY rare not to find ac in homes..very rare.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #9  
faylene

hi me again
does anyone know if there is a carbfree/lowcarb catalina dressing??
faylene
Old 08-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #10  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma04930 View Post
hi me again
does anyone know if there is a carbfree/lowcarb catalina dressing??
faylene
How about making your own from a recipe?
Just replace the ketchup with sugar free ketchup, replace the oil with olive oil and replace the sugar with splenda or agave nector or whatever sweetener you like. Just add a little bit of sweetener at a time till it tastes right since most are a lot sweeter than sugar
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #11  

Good Morning Girls,
Well it is to hit 100 degrees again today. I can't wait til fall, of course the snow blowing right now sounds good. I am trying to make out a menu for a week. It sounds easy, but it is really hard to do. Do all of you make out menus for the week? I really think it will help to know what you are eating and have it ready. I have been pulling recipies from out site.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today, stay cool!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Just a quick pop-in to say hi! We haven't seen the sun in a few days here. I think that's what's making me so sleepy!

Yaaaaawn.

College starts back up today. It's so strange not to be packing up my laptop and notebooks. Starting my new job next week will probably satisfy my "late August means a change in my schedule" itch. I'm going to hit up Old Navy later for the last day of the $10 off sale and hopefully find a few cute things.

Ruth, have fun getting your Beach supplies in town!

Femme, hope the weather cooperates with your tour!

Cottage, hope those munchies stay at bay today! I had the munchies yesterday too, but luckily there was nothing here to really munch on.

charolastra00, best of luck getting moved into your dorm. I'm sorry your trip was such a pain.

LC, hope you make it to the beach.

mamma04930, good morning!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies! It has been a busy, busy week! Between my daughter moving back and getting my son ready to go back to college monday it has been a whirlwind! Good news is I finally am back to losing and I can say my ticker is back on track! 2 pounds to goal (may adjust but we will see). I posted a pic in my profile of me and my bff at our reunion a couple of weeks ago (I'm on the left).

Ruth - have fun today, I used to do wedding flowers and always loved going and picking thing out!

Cottage - I know what you mean about the munchies! Thank goodness I don't keep extra stuff at work or I would be in a world of hurt!

Cat - Try to stay cool today, we are supposed to have record heat here today topping out near 100. I noticed this morning when I was out with the furkid that my roses need cut back, we haven't had any rain to speak of either and everything looks horrible!

charolastra00 - Hope your trip is safe and uneventful from here on out!

Faylene - we are here for ya! This board is such a help in more way than one!

LC - Have a great time at your reunion! I know how excited I was!

BK - My daughter mentioned last night she was ready for fall, but fall leads to winter, which means snow, ick! We don't get alot here but being from Michigan originally, these people down here don't know what to do when the snow flies!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Yawn... sorry chickies - I'm quite tired this morning. DH couldn't sleep, so he was at work by 4am. I'm glad he didn't wake me up when he left - but he did drain the coffee pot! So, I had to clean it and make some more. GRRRR That's why I have a pot with a timer on it - so when I'm bleary, I don't have to deal with it! Oh well... I'm going to make him wash it out and clean the travel mugs this evening!

To top my morning off - I forgot to grab my lunch - again!!!! So, I think it's going to be a Buffalo Chicken salad with baked chicken. I'll probably break down and get the Bleu Cheese - I just love it on salads. It's probably my biggest down fall. If I time it right, I'll get it quite late - close to 1:30, and because of meetings that I've got to call into, it'll take me about 2 hours to eat lunch... so I won't be hungry for dinner - just maybe a wedge of LCLC, or a Lite'N'Fit yogurt for dinner.

Well, off to a meeting that started 2 minutes ago! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Thursday's here! Only two more days until the weekend and I'm SO ready!

Ruth: Maybe you could find some flowers for me, too? Nah, nevermind. I still don't know what actually grows here besides cacti! Hope you get everything you need in the big city!

Cat: You poor thing, wilting away for another teacher. I don't envy you today! Hope it stays cool enough to stay alive and that you get a good group of kids to sub for.

cottage: That snug waistband is a great trick! I tighten up my belt when I go out to eat to keep from overindulging. Hope you have a great day!

charolastra: That sounds like a HORRIBLE trip! I hope it goes better from here!

Hey, mama, hope you have a great day!

bkstitch: I do make a menu every week. The only things I don't plan for are my snacks, but only because I keep only OP snacks on hand. It was hard at first, but once you get into it, it's a lot easier. Plus, it makes grocery shopping a breeze for me! Good luck with the menus!

Betty: I know what you mean about missing that start of semester adrenaline rush. It's so exciting to go to new classes and see what's in store! Have a great time shopping that Old Navy sale. Man, I miss Old Navy!

Pacer: Congrats on losing again! I'm sure it will be steady for you now that the stress is over. I'll have to check that pic out!

ME: Not much here. Had a tough workout with my trainer last night and I'm feeling it now! Just work and a little housework tonight. Plus, some relaxing!

I started reading my new book on PCOS last night and it was a little discouraging. I think it bothered me to read that there was a chapter called "Staying Pregnant". Not exactly what I wanted to hear. But, hopefully it will be educational and help DH and I out when we do decide to have babies! (And lots of them!!)

Well, got a stack on my desk that's not going to sort itself! Have a great day and here's some for everyone -- including me!!

~Kim
Closed Thread