Old 08-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #1  
Ready & Willing

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'2"

Cool Sweet Tooth

I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!! I don't eat junk food much, like fast food, chips, popcorn, or any of that.. but I love a bit of chocolate here and there, or a popsicle.. not really into ice cream a whole lot but I like it on occasion.. I like SUGAR - thats my main problem and I know it.. any one have suggestions to curve this craving??
Caitlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7

i like the healthy choice fudge bars...i think they are delicious and help when i have a sweet tooth. they are about 90 cal. and have 1g fat. also, the hostess 100 calorie pack cupcakes are great when i need chocolate!
aliceINonederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I hear you. I despise all forms of fried potato as well as the saltier fast foods, but I have a crazy sweet tooth!

I can't have aspartame or sucralose, so I can't do the typical diet replacements; so, I keep a box of mini freezies in my freezer. While I understand that they're nutritional black holes and packed with chemicals, they do satisfy my sweet cravings at the low cost of 15 calories.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I also have a sweet tooth. Some of my tricks are I eat sugar free products that are sweetened with artifical sweetners, I eat a lot of fruit which is sweet, I also eat cool whip on chocolate rice cakes. It's sweet and not too high in sugar.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I have a major sweet tooth too! The only way I've solved it is by not having really any sweets in my house... then I had to find "resourceful sweets" aka like an apple w/pb or cinnamon sugar on wheat toast... stuff that is a lot healthier than say, ice cream bars. Today I went shopping and bought a few sweet things and guess what? I've "taste tested" almost all of them and its only been a few hours haha. Luckily I didn't buy THAT much and now I know that its best just not to buy any new ones!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I also have a sweet tooth, this might sound a little funny but I think peanut butter helps a lot. I would also suggest sugar free hershey bars and peanut butter cups. Just watch how many you eat so you don't get a sick stomach!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #7  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlins View Post
I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!! I don't eat junk food much, like fast food, chips, popcorn, or any of that.. but I love a bit of chocolate here and there, or a popsicle.. not really into ice cream a whole lot but I like it on occasion.. I like SUGAR - thats my main problem and I know it.. any one have suggestions to curve this craving??
Hey Caitlin,

As a former chocoholic and molar killer, I have to tell you how switching to darker chocolate changed my habits. I used to eat mounds and mounds of chocolate. I gradually changed to "dark" commercial chocolate, which is usually 50% chocolate. I then hopped to 60%, to 70% and now at an optimal 75% dark chocolate. It's hard to like it at first, but I developed a keen taste for the FLAVOR itself, not the sweetness. I used to love sweet chocolate and sugar in my coffee, and instead now I switched to lattes made with regular milk frothed and dark chocolate because the sugar cravings don't come back when the FLAVOR of the craving is satiated. Switching the intensity of flavor over the intensity of sweetness definitely helps. after joining 3FC, I have officially stopped binging on cookies, brownies, cake, sweet chocolates and such and now I enjoy a biscotti with a lattes. I didn;t give up on sweets, I still have chocolate chip cookies and dipped macaroons, but I learned to control my urge to have more than one serving by listening to my appetite, which was basically altered by adjusting the sugar content levels in my foods. Bottomline, the more sugar I gave up gradually, the less sugar I craved.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote