South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default Help with Phase One Please!!!

Hi I am thinking of starting SB instead of doing WW because I hate counting points. Can someone help me with phase one? Do you lose weight the first week fast like Adkins I was on that for a long time and loved the plan now I just think it is not healthy but it was the only plan that was so easy for me to stick with.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Nanci
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #2  
it's always something

You might lose weight quickly the first week, or you might not. It's hard to tell. Since you've been dieting anyway, you probably don't have a lot of excess water to drop, which accounts for a good portion of the initial weight loss for any diet. BUT the fat comes off at a nice steady rate, and most people feel really good on the plan

Do you have the book? You'll definitely need it, though you can find a lot of helpful info including food lists in our South Beach FAQ forum.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Everyone's weight loss is individual, part of it depends on how much you have to lose (the more you have to lose, the more you typically lose in Phase 1) and on how healthy you are eating prior to starting.... as Suzanne said, it's really hard to say...

I've done Atkins twice... lost weight both times... as soon as I stopped eating that way I gained back what I lost... plus some! The first time I did Atkins, I lost VERY fast (20 pounds in the first month). The more times you diet, the slower you tend to lose the weight... yo-yo dieting can really mess with your metabolism. The next time I did Atkins, it didn't come off anywhere near as fast.

Like you, I never really felt like Atkins was healthy, and it definitely wasn't a WOE that I could live with on a permanent basis.

I'm happy with the rate I'm losing on SB... DH and I have been doing it for 12 weeks... He's lost 35 pounds (he's 3 pounds from his goal weight) and I’ve lost 29 pounds… That is a good healthy rate of loss and SB is definitely a healthy WOE that I can live with for the rest of my life.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please join the Phase I thread where we share ideas and motivation.
Here's the link. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120860
Closed Thread