South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Lightbulb yo-yo dieting

Hey girls I just recieved this in an email and thought it was rather simple but so very true, thought I would pass it on.

>>> How Do I Stop Yo-Yo Dieting?

The yo-yo diet trap is a hard one to get out of, especially if you've been trying to lose weight for some time. Here are three things you must overcome in order to stop yo-yoing for good:

1. Stop expecting immediate results. If you have a significant amount to lose, it's going to take a little while. You can speed up your results with a smart eating and activity plan and proven supplements, but please don't make lifestyle changes you can't LIVE with in the name of losing faster. For example, if you haven't been working out regularly, don't start with an activity like running. You'll probably hurt yourself, and be even more discouraged. Start with walking instead. If you can't live without sweets, then make sure your eating plan includes lots of healthy treats like fruit. Once a week, have a splurge meal when you eat these foods, but don't keep them inside your house. Completely depriving yourself of the things you want only makes you want them more.

2. Figure out why you've been overeating. Telling yourself you're going to eat smaller portions won't help until you've addressed the underlying cause of your overeating. Are you a stress eater? An emotional eater? Do you overeat when out with your friends? You've got to figure this out or the minute you stop being vigilant, it'll come back to get you.

3. If it's not broken, don't fix it. In other words, once you find a program that works for you, stick to it. For some reason, as soon as we start seeing the pounds come off, we give ourselves more leeway. Instead of splurging once a week, it becomes once a day, and the "daily splurge" ends up defeating everything we've worked for. People see a new "diet plan" every week in some magazine, and change all the time. Don't let the desire for change make you change the healthy eating and exercise plan you've been successful with.
Closed Thread