Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge Week Six Thread!!!

Hello, hello, hello....................HELLO!

How are you ladies doing today?? Just thought I'd start us off with a big HELLO for the week Hope you guys have a great week and we all show a loss come WI for the week
W: 100 oz
E: noon plus c25k workout
E: on plan
D: relax later on..
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone! God I wish I had time to do personals but busy busy busy! Yesterday was a depressing day but I feel loads better today. How's everyone doing?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hey everyone! It's a new day, and a new week. A fresh start for everyone. The scale was actually kind to me today, after I thought I'd be in for real trouble. I was kind of fluctuating 1-2 lbs. last week, and this AM I am back down to my lowest weight in about 2 years. Nine pounds to go by Labor Day, but I still have my hopes up.

Taking a trip to see one of my sisters this weekend - going with 2 other sisters and my nephew (I'm one of 7 girls). OK - this is the odd part: The sister that we're going to see does marketing and promotions for a big carp fishing tournament, and we're going to take part - not the fishing, but the festivities. This event is a junior tourney, but she helps organize others. I guess carp fishing is really big in Europe, and just starting to take hold here. We leave on Thursday and come back on Sunday. Should be fun, and I'll take my walking sneakers just in case the diet is a little off.

A big WOOOOHOOOOO for glitter!! Two huge accomplishments in the same week! Nice going.

W - 48 oz
E - 30 minutes done on treadmill, 30 more later
E - strict Fat Smash Phase 1
D - It's a new day, time to shred old paperwork!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #4  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hey everyone. This is gonna be a great week, I can just tell. We're so close to labor day!

W- 8-10 glasses
E- Slim Fast Optima diet
E- resistance workout, ab workout, possibly a pilates and yoga class for fun with a friend this evening...
D- I've got my skinny jeans on that haven't fit me in over 2 years and it feels great! I've done a lot of hard work this summer to get where I am and if I keep it up, the sky is the limit. This is the last week to give it all I got before heading back to school.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

22 days til Labor Day WEED'ers!!!!!

* . . . dragging Bud-Lite Bloated Self into the Thread . . . *

Gonna w/i tonite to see what the Saturday Festivities cost me weight wise . . . on Day 2 of the hangover so starting to feel like it was worth it! Had a beautiful time in the beautiful Ozark Valley - hadn't seen my Bro who owns the bar in the middle of nowhere/riverfront and now my Oldes Sis has retired there - so it was double the fun (AND beer!) Stayed OP eating wise - so that's a good thing. Drank GALLONS of water yesterday -but can just FEEL the dehydration (only went to the bathroom TWICE even after all that water!) Alcohol sure is rough on a body.

My DH has carp fished a lot - never in a tournament tho'. He was in a bass tourney Sunday - too hot to fish but it was scheduled. The "big bass" weighed 3.5 lbs!!! The winner had only 3 fish!!!

Had a heckuva storm in the night last nite - hope it cools off - just misery here with the heat.

Gonna try to OD on WEED this week to make up for all that alcohol: (Where ya at freckles??? Time to get a hit!!!)

W: As much as humanly possible! Aiming for 128 oz

E: Stay OP

E: Quit just talking about the gym - GO TO IT!
Planned walk

D: Organize for the week! Plan Plan Plan!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll !!! Only THREE more weeks til Labor day! Are we gonna make it!? I can't remember what I made my goal. (I'll see it obviously when I submit reply, LOL) I remember I changed it to MORE once the first five came off so fast....So I had a bad weekend, eating/exercise wise. DH went and worked on his car (55 Chevy)---he got it started! Woohoo! Of course I don't get so excited about it, but he was tickled. Well and it doesn't have a gas tank so it only started then stopped but he was thrilled. The point of the story is that he went and worked on his car and I didn't get to the gym. And I stayed home and grazed, which I never do anymore. I think I was just being mindless and bored. Then we had plans to meet friends for dinner, then the bowling meeting (YAY! League is starting SOON!) then they came back over for games and hanging out.

Dinner was at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered my usual Pollo Loco, which is just grilled chicken, sauteed onions and the sides, rice/lettuce/pico de gallo/ cheese...I always pass on sour cream and guac. But I always eat too many chips! And you end up grazing on chips/salsa even LONG after your stomach is bursting. LOL

Then after the meeting our friends came over and I was determined not to drink, BUT they made yummy frozen pina coladas! So crap, I caved. LOL which of course turned into the usual late night drive thru run.

Was good Sunday. Could've been better but I was okay with what I did. DH made really nice steaks on the grill (I cut mine in half and shared with the kids! Cheaper than three or four steaks!) with corn on the cob and BIG veggie salad. But we hadn't eaten all day before then (Hangover on my part) so we were too hungry by dinnertime. Then a light snack at bedtime, but still okay calorie-wise.

Oh and Lane Bryant had their annual "employee discount" sale, 40 % off the whole store, excluding some things....I got a TON of things! I spent $150 and got 3 real woman dollars (so of course, I can go back in a few weeks for MORE stuff!) I got a pair of 18 capris (a bit tight for now, but the 20s are too loose! Go figure), several tops, a tank, a sexy little number and I got some SPANX! Greatest. Invention. Ever. OMG I put them on, thought OMG how can I breathe in these things? But they really sucked my middle in! Made me feel so confident! I can't wait til my belly is REALLY this flat. Any of you have spanx? My intention was to get some new jeans, but they changed their sizes, 1-8 and I didn't feel like getting measured and trying on different pairs. So that's what I'll spend the real woman dollars on. Plus I plan to buy at least one pair of really hot "goal" jeans, jeans I'll need to work at a bit to get into.

Just in case anyone missed it at the end of last weeks thread.... CONGRATULATIONS to glitterlicious for finishing her 5k in 28 minutes!!! YOU DID IT! I remember you said you'd be happy to finish in under 30 minutes and YOU DID! So proud of you! AWESOME! And finishing your test 85 % is perfectly acceptable! Good for you! Are you on a break of sorts or do you jump right into the next course?

HT great job on finishing your first week of c25k! WOW! You really melted away this first week! I just kind of gave up on it! I'll hop back in there one of these days. I really want a good pair of runner shoes.

Good on you Musictchr for still reporting a loss even though you strayed a bit over the weekend. As long as it doesn't snowball into all out chaos, you're ALLOWED to do things like that once in awhile! See? You did it, sucked it up, and got right back on track. I really admire you for that. My binges often turn into week-long or more.

Aud-ball, can't wait to see what you're posting this week (weigh-in) I saw 233 on my scale on FRIDAY, had a crap weekend and saw 235 (same) this morning. I swear, I'm changing my WI to Fridays, LOL.

Freeque, glad you opened up and talked about what's been bothering you. I can only imagine how tough it is for you to persue your dreams among the stick figures, but that's what I admire most about you! You aren't letting ANYONE or ANYTHING stand in your way. And don't worry that you don't feel like a "normal" 20 year old just because you aren't into the club/drinking scene. You aren't alone! I have to agree with the others on this boyfriend thing. You deserve a man who will proudly declare that you ARE going out, and all the benefits that go along with that!

Clykk, I love that you're still our biggest cheerleader even though you are struggling. That you still come on here every day and help boost the rest of us up, really says alot about your character! Thanks for all your words of wisdom.

Well crap, I gotta get moving here....quick hit o' the WEED

W- 4-5 liters (3-4 at work tonight)
E- no formal exercise today, trying to rest up for work tonight, but maybe something.
E- on plan, I already have a big salad made up the fridge, ought to last me a few days
D- I am beautiful, SPANX or not... (LOL) Hold your head high, walk like everyone is watching!

Check back later xoxoxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #7  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

back in the saddle again...

These last couple of weeks have been pretty tough for me, just a lot of stress mostly centered around family issues. So I fell back into my old habits, not hitting the gym and just eating junk. I don't know about anybody else, but when I get in this downward slump I can't get motivated to do anything, not even write a post here. But, I'm finally pulling myself up and going to get back into my routine, starting by posting my WEED!

W-60oz
E-cardio hour (DONE), yoga DVD tonight after work
E-lunch-salad, dinner-tuna fish
D-stay positive!
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #8  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi WEEDers!

I am so busy today, so I can't chit chat, but I thought I would at least check in.

It was w/i day today and I remained at 154 lbs. I'm okay with that. I had a real mixture of food last night (not a ton of anything as planned), but a real mixed bag and my digestive system is not happy. I'm used to a lot more vegetables and one kind of protein or carb per meal.

I look forward to this week. Three more weeks, eh? I better get back OP big time to reach my goal.

I have to admit, I would be happy if I got to 149 lbs. Getting under 150 lbs. would be something I haven't done in I don't know how many years! That would be sooooo gratifying! How to celebrate that when it happens? That is what I have been pondering. It needs to be a BIG celebration, because it would be a BIG deal to me. Hmmm...any ideas?

W - 8
E - Get on track eating-wise from now until bed time (I have been letting the stress of my day throw me off my eating plan.) The buck stops here!!
E - I just don't have the time today. Hmmm, okay, yoga and abs at 9PM tonight.
D - This is not hard, Carolyn. Just choose to plan and then do it!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

The hardest thing to do when you are off-plan or off-kilter is to Post here, I think. But every time I've Posted my way thru some glitches - I come back stronger than ever! Tx to everyone!

I'm thinking when I get down to 199 I'm going to reward myself with a really really good pair of walking shoes, clykkster? How's that sound for a reward?

Gotta run WEED'ers - hope I didn't run freaqG off with my well meaning advice? Get back in here GF - it's Monday and time to WEED UP regardless!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies quick check in. I have had a wonderful weekend off, relaxing quiet, back to the grind tomorrow, then of course my 2 wonderfull days off!

A year ago today I started my healthy living! Ive had my ups and downs workouts and not, but I have lost 27 pounds and have kept it off which is a great accomplishment. I hope to lose more and I am going to keep working at it. 1 pound at a time, it wil come off, just slower than I am wanting it.

Happy healthy week!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

thanks ladies youve been so so so helpful , i dont think youll ever know. well im back in the game after a peaceful , long look at my life kinda weekend. im still floating at 190 but not for long AUD GIRL NEVER , YOUR ADVICE IS SOME THAT I WANTED AND NEEDED TO HEAR, IF ANYTHING YOUVE MADE ME WANT TO COME BACK . . .NOT RUN.
NURSEMICHELLE ABOUT THE ACTING THING THANKS , I KNOW THATS HOW I AM . THAT ATTITUDE LIKE IF YOU CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT BIGGER AND BETTER. I DONT KNOW WHAT HAD GOTTEN INTO ME TO LET THE CLONES WIN. HA HA HA NOT EVER AGAIN. IM BACK IN THE GAME . READY TO SHOW THEM STICKS HOW A REAL GIRL, LOOKS, AND WALKS, WITH ALL MY CURVES THANKS!

W- DOING WAY BETTER. A LITTLE MORE NEEDED BUT DEFINETE IMPROVMENT
E- NOT TO GOOD. HOT CHEETOS WERE MY WEAKNESS THIS WEEKEND AHHHHH!!!!!!!!
E- IVE BEEN GOING TO THE GYM EVERYDAY!!! YAY! ME!
D- IM TRYING. THATS MY BIG GOAL
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #12  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

libchick Man, do I know where you are coming from when it comes to family stress! I posted a few weeks ago about my brother who is addicted to crack cocaine and the majority of my sisters and my Dad who are alcoholics, so I KNOW about those downward SLUMPS. I notice you do yoga. Do you find it as peaceful an experience as I do? I'm not saying I am necessarily peaceful as I am in the poses, but AFTERWARD I am generally, so at peace!

I have been in one of those slumps today, but this time the family stress is closer to home, mine and my DH's financial stress. I didn't even see the stress fairy sneak up on me! It has been a freckish day for sure for me. I feel like a walking time bomb of emotions. I finally figured it out tonight.

You know the friend that I went over to visit yesterday? She just moved. And as she gave us a tour of her home I couldn't help but notice just how much money they put into it before they moved in: new hardwood floors on two floors and up the staircase, knocked out a wall, completely new banister on both staircases, a new dining room table and chairs which seats 6 comfortably with a matching new bar/china cabinet, a new gas stove, a new above ground swimming pool, a new L-shaped couch with two seats that pull out like a lazy boy chair, a new sleigh bedframe with head and foot board and a new queen-size mattress and box spring...I think that's it. I'm so pissed off! What a ton of money they have!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DH and I have been together 11 years now and we are soooo struggling to make ends meet, it just hit me like a ton of bricks today, that I'm tired of the struggle.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't always feel this way, but after that tour, I have just lost it today. My DH and I have been going through so many inner changes that we haven't been able to do much more then just get in, buckle up, shut up and drive. I'm so ready for things to look better financially. We're both in business for ourselves and unfortunately, we both seemed to hit the wall with our careers at the same time. We both were ready to upgrade our businesses at the same time which is requiring a lot of our time to move up to the next level, but not as steady an income yet.

So, unfortunately, I just couldn't get high on WEED today.

You'll love this. You may recall me feeling SOOOO happy 2 weeks ago because of a meeting that I went to and didn't eat ANY of the tons of junk food that was in front of me for 1.5 hours! Well, I headed off to another of those meetings today knowing full well what was waiting for me. I sat down and they asked me how I was and I said STRESSED! They proceeded to position the bowl of dark chocolate in front of me and I thanked them and began to eat without reserve. I must have eaten about 2 or more chocolate bars worth of chocolate. I did drink 3 glasses of water, if anyone cares.

I then came home and ate a whole bag of popcorn with butter and salt.

Mama told me there'd be days like these.

freeqeegrl Good work on the water intake! What are hot cheetos...nachos?

jcatron243 Right on! What a great accomplishment in one year. And maintaining to boot.

aud Walking shoes sounds far too tame of a reward for me. I was thinking of something along the lines of giving myself a day at the spa or a weekend at that!!!

NurseMichelle Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I think I must come across as pretty messed up. Glad to hear I sometimes come across as wise! I'm a rollercoaster of emotions at times, I know, but hey, I'm an artist after all. It goes with the territory.

aud and NurseMichelle I have to say, I DO NOT miss hangovers!!! Had many of those in my younger days before I cleaned up my act. Now, I stop after one or two drinks. I just had too many regretful experiences coming from the background I do.

glitterlicious Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

musictchr What is your lowest weight in two years? How much did you lose? I sing Broadway, pop, folk, jazz, and classical. What don't I sing is the question.

A shout out to JasonsLea, Holyteror and Freckles! Let's DO IT, as freeqeegrl used to say!!! One day she'll say it again, I just know it, but until then, I will carry the torch.

Last edited by Clykk; 08-13-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

way to carry the torch there clykk, i'm havin trouble just tryin to stay positive with DH getting on that one good nerve i have. and I don't think it's that good anymore *sighs*

Well my partner at work who's doin the weight challenge hit a big milestone for herself and while I am VERY HAPPY for her, I'm frustrated b/c my plan's not going as well as hers is. I could whine about the support she gets at home, how her DH does this that and the other for her, she's got the love of the kids, etc.....but I'm trying not to focus on that. I'm the one who makes the decisions as to what gets consumed by me. DH is not here to help, he's not here to make decisions for me, and even if he was, he'd fix up a bowl of cheesy rice and call it done.

you're right though, mama said there'd be days like this. Just wish I could get back to better ones, ya know?

I went and paid up on school...my enrollment counselor (who is the ONLY person I've talked to) asked if I had books yet. Well, no...DUh you're the only person i've talked to! Apparently I'm supposed to be magician too. Gonna have to hunt down the nice young men who work the front desk and see if those 2 guys can help me out. More helpful than the online advisor I'm supposed have HAAAAAAAAAAAA

I got veggies today. And veggies, and fruit, and veggies. The young man at the grocery store last night commented about how healthy I was eating. I wish it actually showed on ME more than what he's putting in the grocery sacks LOLOL

ok I think the heat fried my brain

oh and btw i am a little confused glitter on the c25k this week. Is my total for the brisk walk AND the jog/walk supposed to be 20 mins??? cuz if so i sorta screwed the pooch last week and well added more walking than anything else LOLOL

I just used the cycle today. i was too tired and hot to want to do anything else. including cooking dinner, which i'm just gonna cook up some ground beef and add some rice to it. nothing special today.

Last edited by Holyteror; 08-13-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: because the heat fried my brain.....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeqeegrl View Post
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH YEAH FREEQEEG!!!!!! **scores TWO Dancing C.'s!!**

*Pssssssssst . . . NursieChellie? . . . *check out my ticker GF!!!!*

Atkins + Bud Light Diet RULZ THE SCHOOL!!!!

'Night WEED'ers!