Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In At Home 12/26 - 12/30

Hi everyone.

I hope you all had a great holiday! Looks like we were all too busy to get on-line. Our Christmas was great, but hectic. Lots of running around from house to house, plus last minute shopping on Christmas Eve morning. But it all got done on time. Now my house looks like Santa and all 12 reindeer ran amok in it. Oh well, I'm off until 1/2, so plenty of time to restore order.

Eating was ok - too busy to do much eating at home. At any rate, when I jumped on the scale this morning, I was down by one pound. I was surprised to see it, but I'll take it.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
266/261/140
Old 12-26-2001, 04:47 PM   #2  

Carla - a huge congratulations on being down a pound! That is amazing this week. Huge LOL about "my house looks like Santa and all 12 reindeer ran amok in it"! Too funny. My house isn't that bad but we did do a little straightening up this morning (my only time off).

Thankfully work was very light this afternoon and I hope it will stay that way this for the rest of the week. I'm so "not into it" right now.

I'm happy to report that last Saturday's weigh in was down a pound - I was very pleased with the result given all the baking I did. I wish I could say I've kept it up but I sort of stopped counting points from Saturday evening until yesterday evening. I even did a little of the "oh well I blew it already" thinking. BUT, that stopped this morning. My sneak peek was frightening (not helped by having ham last night) and I'm back OP. I hope I can salvage the week - if it takes 2 weeks to do it, so be it. I keep thinking of this video my bil shot at Thanksgiving that I saw for the first time on Saturday. I was horrified by how I look - I thought I had looked pretty good in a new outfit when I put it on but I hated seeing myself on the tape. Maybe that was what sent me over the edge temporarily. In any case, right now (today), every time I think about slipping a little OP, I'm thinking of that video and how different pictures of me are going to be in 2002! My first goal is to be be at 150 by the end of January. It's a little stretch but I think it can be done.

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday.
Judy
163.6/156.4/135

Last edited by JudySP; 12-26-2001 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:11 PM   #3  

Judy and Carla - Congrats on the losses! You both did great considering the season and all the temptations. You should get double points for a loss this time of year! I lost two pounds too! Hard to believe considering I was totally off program Sunday and Monday--I ate a whole cake myself. Granted it was a small one, but I couldn't believe I ate the whole thing in 24 hours. Luckily I got it out of my system and went right back OP yesterday. Today I have been so busy around the house and with the puppies, and tomorrow will be the same. I'm hoping to bank some points because I have a lunch out with friends on Friday, which is my birthday. I'm keeping up the exercise, hope everyone else is too. I have half a pound to lose by the end of the year to make my 6 pound holiday chalenge. Judy, good luck with your Jan. goal, it is doable, but yes you may be stretching it a bit. Oh, to be so close! I've lost a total of 51 pounds, and still have at least 30, maybe 40 to go. I hate to even think of it. Maybe by June.....

We had two kids (baby goats) born this morning. They were hard to get started, took both of us working in shifts to get them up and nursing. Hope they make it through the night!
Old 12-27-2001, 08:17 AM   #4  

Good Morning, quick post have to get myself caught up at work. SOunds like everyone had a good holiday. Congrats on the weight losses, I weighed on Monday with a 3.2 loss. I am now 1 pound away from my official 10%, I did not make it for Christmas, but I WILL make it by the New Year. Bobby had a great time with his Santa presents, stayed pretty much OP, little extra nibbling, but pretty good. I will be back later to check in and post more.

Have a great day
Old 12-27-2001, 10:52 AM   #5  

Carla - Congratulations on the loss. Loved your description of the house. I really miss those days. Darrell had to work Christmas Eve. We opened presents when he got home Christmas morning and then the girls went back to bed until time to leave for my sister's house.

Judy - Way to go on your loss too. I had a lot of the "oh well its a holiday" eating the last couple of days but I'm back OP now. Things will definitely be different next year. I will be back at goal!!

Karen C - Congratulations on your loss too. Hope you have a great birthday.

Michele - Congratulations on your loss...3.2 is great for any time of the year, but especially now.

I didn't weigh in this week. Between the cookies, etc. that I ate and the ham, I knew it wouldn't be good. I'll give myself this week to get in my water and get back on track and weigh in next week. The cookies will probably be gone today and I don't have any other goodies in the house so I should be okay. Nothing special going on the rest of the week and Darrell has to work New Years Eve so I don't think I'll have any challenges.

Have to get to work. Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 12-28-2001, 07:17 AM   #6  

Michele, Congratulations on another super loss! I bet you're gonna be a knockout in your bathing suit on the cruise. Hope everything is going better at work!

Pat, Congrats on getting right back OP. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I had a great day yesterday. Friends came over and we had another puppy party, I'm enjoying them for another week, then back to their real home. Garrott will be happy to see them go, but not me! The baby goats are doing great, thank God! I'm off to the mall today to pick out some new glasses and meet friends for lunch. I have plenty of banked points so plan on indulging just a bit. Hope everyone has recovered from Christmas and back OP!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:18 PM   #7  

Karen C -First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope it's a wonderful day. Congratulations on losing 2 pounds - that's fantastic! Listen, you and I both had a bit of bingeing but the key is getting right back on and that's what you did! Don't think of how long you have to go - at least try to think in small increments. If you ever get discouraged though, think about 51 one pound packages of butter that you've gotten rid of! I'm glad the baby goats are OK - that sounds pretty amazing to this city girl.

Michele - Awesome loss! WOW - I know you will make your 10% by New Year's. I'm glad Bobby had a good Christmas and it sounds like you did too.

Pat - I KNOW you will be back at goal in 2002! Glad to hear that you are back OP after the holiday eating. That's more important than the fact that we slipped!

I'm doing OK program-wise although I've yet to get myself on the bicycle today (my ankle was a little twingy after the elliptical on Wed so I want to be careful). My sneak peeks have been getting better every day. I don't know if I'll be able to pull out a maintain but since it's PMS big-time, I may be doing some wishful thinking! Work is turning out to be a real PITA this week. All the things that I don't like about the new stuff - all the more reason to make 2002 the year I make a change. I'd better get going so I don't have to work late.

Judy
Old 12-28-2001, 03:45 PM   #8  

Judy, Wow, good sneak peaks this time of year AND with major PMS is great! Sorry about the ankle, hope you're able to get back to exercising regularly soon. I know how much you enjoy it, and it must be hard not being able to do what you want right now. I used to do the hand bike at PT when I was having shoulder problems. That is tooo boring! You're right, I do have to think it small increments. The 51 pounds of butter had me laughing!

Had a great time at the mall. My friend helped me pick out new glasses, they are so expensive I might as well get lasix surgery but surgery just doesn't thrill me. Went to Semolina's for lunch and shared eggplant parm and spinach and artichoke pasta, which was out of this world. I didn't overeat, but it must have been really salty because I can't get enough water. I'm sure it will show up on the scale tomorrow, but at least I'll know it's water weight. Have a great weekend!
Old 12-31-2001, 07:46 AM   #9  

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Any exiciting New Years plans? We are just going to a house party for a little bit, nothing too exciting. Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow (New Years Day) so we keep it low key. We will be going out to the rest. where our wedding dinner was so I have to bank some points for that! Doing ok in that regards, weigh in at Noon today, but TOM is here so I am a little worried that I won't make my New Years goal. If I dont it will be ok, I know it is water weight and will be gone next week, just will be nice to get that darn key chain today! I tried on some clothes yest. for the cruise, good news is everything either fits or is too big. The shorts and shirts are going to have to do cause I plan on loosing more before the summer but the bathing suit was horrible! I did not realize how much of my chest I lost until I put that on. OMG, did I look silly. Now I have less than 2 weeks to find a bathing suit in the middle of winter, no problem!

Karen-I hope you had a great birthday!

Carla-Congrats on your loss, feels good I bet.

Karen, Carla, Pat, Judy, Karen and Jennifa-I wish you all the best for the New Year and may all our weight loss goals become reality in 2002! This will be OUR year!

Have a great day and night and try not too have too much spirit

I will try and get back later and post about weigh in, if I don't probably means I dont have anything to say.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Closed Thread