Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 05:53 PM   #1  

Smile Fabulous 40's #104

Hi guys Please read my post on page 2 so I don't have to cut & paste.
Old 12-25-2001, 06:43 PM   #2  

Hi everyone, Thank you for the birthday wishes. We had such a good time skating last Thur that we decided to go again on Christmas eve. Well to make a long story short, a kid tripped me, i fell, broke my elbow and spent 3 1/2 hrs in the ER. The DR in th ER didn't know how to set it and he couldn't reach any orthopedists becaues it was Xmas eve. I Missed Ellen in the Churh Christmas play and aaam trying to tyype with only my left hand. I aaam so right handed it isnt funny. I feel totally helpless. Thaaa5t will teach me to have fun. I probably won't be eeentering many messages for a while becaause it is so haard to type, but I will log in asnd read/ lurk for a while. Have a merry Christmas. Remember Jesus mmakes each of us a new creation.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 12-25-2001, 10:30 PM   #3  

Default !

Merry Christmas everyone:

And Happy Birthday Janie! I'm so sorry to hear about your elbow, what a way to spend Christmas AND your birthday! Hope it heals quickly - no more skating for awhile, okay?

Es - congrats on the new niece/nephew to come. I will be seeing my new grandson, David in a few days. We leave on New Years Eve (in the morning) for Florida. Can't wait to see him and the other kids. And of course my son, Steven and his wife Monica.

Hi Jen and Terry - Hope you're having a great Christmas with your families. We went to Willie's daughter's house last night - she's the one with Strawberry Irish Puffy Jade (Jessalyn). We had a great time with the grandkids, so much fun to watch them open their gifts, that's when all the shopping and wrapping, etc. become worthwhile!

Well, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you are all okay (except for Janie's elbow).

I'll try to get back in here before I leave for Florida.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-26-2001, 02:25 AM   #4  

Hi everybody.
I have not read all of #103 yet so forgive me. I am on my in-laws medieval computer and it is late and the combination doesn't make this too fun.

JanieD,
I am so sorry about your fall. On Christmas Eve yet. That was too bad. Happy Birthday though.

Dianne,
Have fun!!!!!
Kiss those cheeks.

We had a wonderful trip and a wonderful Christmas. So tired though.
We went to the Steeler Game on Sunday and we had a blast.
They won big time. Only 2 more games until the playoffs.

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-26-2001, 04:40 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie! I'm so sorry about your fall. Did an orthopedist set it properly after all? Hope your birthday was good in spite of your accident. Please rest and take good care of yourself.

We had a great Christmas; Joe and I celebrated on
Christmas Eve with our son, Joey, as he had to work yesterday, 2 shifts (low man on the totem pole of seniority!). Then Jess, etc., came over and we did the whole present thing on Christmas morning at our home. Afterwards we went to my sister's in the city; all of us were there, she's in the house we all grew up in, so it was a nice day. Not to mention that her Italian boyfriend is a former restaraunt owner/chef; 3 different homemade ravioli, 4 sauce, homemade bread...a beautiful dinner.

Brandon is spending a few days here, they'll pick him up this weekend. I get to spoil him all I want!

have a nice evening, Hi to all
~Jen
Old 12-27-2001, 06:39 AM   #6  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm so happy. I maintained this week. That was a shocker after this crazy week. Now to get back to losing.
Old 12-27-2001, 07:22 PM   #7  

MYRA, congratulations on the maintain!! That is awesome for the week of Christmas. I know that maintaining will probably give you a little motivation, I bet next week you will be down a couple of pounds.

JANIE, sorry about your accident. Hope you get over the break with no problems.

JENNIE, sounds like you had a nice Christmas. Is Brandon your nephew? How old is he? Have fun spoiling him before he goes back home, BTW, did you ever get your grade?

TERRI, welcome home!!

We also had a nice Christmas. My daughters and their children came over on Sunday nite to open their presents. There are just too many places that everyone needed to be on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We had a great time and I took tons of pictures. Christmas Eve was spent at my mother-in-laws and Christmas day with my mother, my father and then my aunts house. My mother followed us back home and we went shopping the day after Christmas. I bought a new Christmas tree for next year and a few ornaments.

I'll check in with you girls later.

Ruth
Old 12-27-2001, 08:17 PM   #8  

Thumbs up

Hello

I posted a long reply before, went to submit & poof GONE!
Don't know what happened to it.

Myra, you must be so relieved. Maintaining is good. WTG.

Ouch Janie, so sorry about your elbow. That must have been very painful. I'll miss your posts. Hope you recover real quick.

Terri, seems strange not reading your posts everyday. Hope you're having fun.

Ruth, Pete took lots of pictures too. I was trying to hide from him cause you never know when he's going to take one. He bought a new camera & it's like seeing a kid with a new toy.

Jen, so you have a chef in the family. Talk about willpower!

Dianne, I bet Steven can't wait to see you. Give Lil Dave a hug for me.

I'm not taking any chances with typing a long post after losing the last one.

Happy Friday

Hugs,
Es
Old 12-27-2001, 11:27 PM   #9  

ES, I love taking pictures, but I'm very seldom in them. So I definitely understand hiding from the camera!! I did let them take some of me this Christmas, just because I don't plan to be the same size next year!!! New camera sounds like fun. I'm hoping that I will get a digital camera after the holidays. We bought my step-daughter one for Christmas, she loves it.

Ruth
Old 12-28-2001, 12:52 AM   #10  

Hey buddies

Thanks Es - I will give little David a hug for you, lol. I was just on-line with Steven and he's very excited about our visit. It's hard when they live a plane ride away - we saw them in July which is 5 mos. ago, but it seems like forever.

Well, let me tell you about what turned out to be a Christmas I will never forget. Some of you may remember that my step-son, willie, has a crazy woman/wife/girlfriend, etc. (they're not married) and he has a son with her. Well, at Lisa's (my step-daughter) house that night was most of the family and Lisa's and willie, jrs mom. Willie, Jr.s girlfriend and his mom do not get along, but were trying to be civil for the sake of Christmas. Well, this girl, her name is Alisa started a holy war that night by giving me and my husband a beautiful picture of the baby, Cristian in a glass frame. I thought she gave one to everyone, but it turned out she didn't give one to his mom or sister. She has a history of NOT giving his mother or sister pictures of Cristian, so this started a huge fight. His mother asked him where her picture was, of course she was hurt that I got one and she (the biological) grandmother did not. Anyway, it turned into a huge fight until they finally made the girl and willie, jr. leave. This was after all the kids started crying, etc. It was awful. Anyway,yesterday, this girl, Alisa, calls me and starts out saying, Hi, how are you, real cheerful, etc., but knowing her, I knew something was coming. Anyway, she said - I have to tell you something - I heard that your husband told willie jr. to "get her out of here already" that night of the fight. So, I said, well I didn't hear him say that but its possible. In the meantime, I hear Willie, jr. arguing with her in the background and while I'm on the phone, she starts yelling "You did so say that your father said that,and then she said "I sick of you and your whole f---ing family. Well, at that point, I just hung up the phone. I wasn't about to listen to this raving maniac. Well, she called back 3 times and I just let the phone ring. Then about 1/2 hr. later, my bell rang, but something told me not to answer the door. My husband came home and told me to come to the door for a minute, he wanted me to see something and when I went to the door, there on the ground was the gifts we gave to the baby, all out of the boxes and thrown on the ground! I was in shock. She is such an evil person. After that I felt this kind of peace, because I decided to wash my hands of her, even though that means not seeing Cristian. She uses him as a woman against the whole family and we are just tired of it. This has been going on for over 2 years and it has to stop. So, now that I have that out of my system I thank you guys for listening - sorry I ranted on for so long, I guess I still can't believe what happened. She needs mental health help and I think my step-son does as well for letting her get away with treating the family like dirt.

Okay, I've had my pity party and its over, lol. I can't wait to go to Florida and get away from this situation for a bit. I hope you all have a great New Year's in case I don't get to speak to you. A happy and healthy one for everyone! And be safe.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-28-2001, 06:58 AM   #11  

Dianne, it's her loss. She does sound kind of weird. My SIL useto do that to my Dad whenever she got upset about something. She useto live downstairs with my brother & the kids & when she got mad at my Dad she wouldn't let the kids go up to visit him for days. Very childish! This woman sounds very immature. Anyway, I hope you have a great time in Florida. Leave all this nonsense behind you. I know it's hard but try okay. I want you to have a good time with Steven, Monica & Lil Dave.

Ruth, if they take pictures of me from the waist up I don't mind. But the whole body! That is good to do though, take pictures this year & compare to next year. Before & after. Good idea.

Have to go get my hair done today. I straighten it every 2 months. Only thing my beautician talks me to death!!!! I leave there with a headache. So that's where I'll be all morning.

I'll be back this evening.
Have a nice day. TGIF!

Love,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-28-2001 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:53 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne, you're better off with the decision you've made. While it may sound vindictive, it's the best solution for your peace of mind, and just plain peace. Joe comes from a large family, 9 kids, who, along with their assorted wives and kids, rarely get along. At any given moment there's always trouble. Joe and I have pretty much cut them out of our lives; we are cordial when we see them at different functions, but chose not to get caught up in the craziness. Some people thrive on that; we prefer not to let our lives be like a Jerry Springer episode. I hope your step-son realizes how it'll affect his son, seeing his mother act like that. This is a great place to vent, isn't it? Feel free!

Es, enjoy your day off! I've got just the opposite problem........my hair is straighter than a stick! Too bad you can't wear a walkman to drown her out........

Ruth, Brandon is my grandson, he's 6 ,he's my daughter Jessica's son; her younger son, Matthew , was 18 months old yesterday. I am gaga over them, as everyone here knows! No grade yet, I'll just wait till the school sends them out on the 7th; apparently the instructor forgot his promise to email us or didn't have a chance to do it during the holiday. He's out of town now.

Myra, good maintain! You're doing so well.

I've been surrounded by GIJoes and Rescue Heroes since Christmas Day but am enjoying Brandon's visit. When I need some peace and quiet, I let him on the "puter"; wish we would have had this when our kids were little!

Terri, Sandy, HI! I hope I didn't miss anyone.

It looks as though we've finally lost Patti/Zoe, and Joyce.

have a wonderful weekend, what's everyone doing this weekend?

hugs,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 12-28-2001 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:30 PM   #13  

Angry

Hello

Jen, happy to hear you're enjoying your time with Brandon. He must love being with grandma You're right about Zoe & Joyce. Maybe one of these days they'll come back I saw Patch on another thread.

I got a whole bunch of coupons in the mail from WW. One is for 10 weeks, $99. The other is free registration. I got 3 of each. I'll be going back soon. The coupons are good till 1/16.

Hi Dianne, Ruth, Myra, Sandy, Janie & Terri

Di, have a safe trip.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-28-2001 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:36 PM   #14  

Angry

Jen, I just realized I didn't answer your question. I don't have any plans this weekend. Pete has to work tomorrow night(double time). David is working too. I guess I'll do some food shopping & stay home cleaning. I work New Years Eve till 3:00. We're staying home. I always stay home for New Years. My sister Dolores is spending it with us. We'll rent movies & spend it nice & peaceful. How about you?
Old 12-28-2001, 05:29 PM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, don't blame Pete for working...double time Jess is coming tomorrow to pick up Brandon, so they'll stay for dinner. On Sunday, the Bears are playing, so that is what I do in the afternoon, watch the game. No big plans other than that, Joe is on call this week, so we won't attempt to go anywhere.

The WW centers here are offering free registration. I know I should go, but don't want to blow it off again, and that's been my track record. I've got to clear out the goodies from this house, which is happening on 1/2/02 for sure! I've got all the support I need, from Joe, this site, the only obstacle in my way is me.

~Jen
Closed Thread