Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default Heat wave

Yesterday I went out for my walk per usual. I have been walking every day, instead of just 4 times a week. It was SO hot! Even though I brought my water bottle and downed the whole thing during my walk, when I got back, I seriously thought I was going to get sick. The sweat was not just dripping, but streaming off of me.

How do you beat the heat? Any tips or alternatives that'll give me a similar (or better) work out without having to suffer the heat and humidity, and without having to break the bank?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Walk around the mall or a store. It was about 110 degrees here for a while and even though it's a dry heat... it's still heat and it's hot LOL. my BF and I hit wal-mart, ( the only large area with AC in this town).. it's a super center so about 4 laps around the store was well over a mile. A mall would be better, as there are stairs to climb ^_^
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It's really hard, but I get up at 5:00 am and walk before the sun comes up! It is cooler at that time of day.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I usually walk RIGHT before dusk...about 7:30 here. That's the only time I can stand it!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #5  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

I live in Texas and durring this time of year you have 2 choices 1. early morning 2. night I normally walk at night because I'm not NOT a morning person. it also helps me sleep better and makes me feel accomplished at the end of the day
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakai View Post
Walk around the mall or a store. It was about 110 degrees here for a while and even though it's a dry heat... it's still heat and it's hot LOL. my BF and I hit wal-mart, ( the only large area with AC in this town).. it's a super center so about 4 laps around the store was well over a mile. A mall would be better, as there are stairs to climb ^_^
I'm surprised that all of us Arizonans didn't chime in on this one!! I guess we're used to this God forsaken heat. Yesterday it felt like I opened up the oven door and walked right in!! Anyway the mall is probably you're best bet, or if you live close to Lake Michigan, take a dunk in there.
Hang in there-fall is around the corner for you!!
-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

It's not as hot here, but it's been uncomfortable lately, so I walk at night as well. If I'm running, though, and I know I'll get really hot, I bring extra water and use it to douse my hair and face. It's not a great solution, but it helps.

And, BTW, GREAT JOB on increasing your exercise. I know you were struggling with it a bit, what with the soreness and discomfort with sweating, etc. I love to see someone overcome the obstacles because it gives me that much more faith that it can be done.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote