Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default No-Care Zone

I really hate to say it. I really REALLY hate to feel it. But I do!

That's right. I'm currently in the "no-care zone". I just have lost all motivation to lose weight AT THE CURRENT TIME.

With all the remodeling of our house, and my 18 year old cat going to kitty heaven, and now having a new kitty to love, and all the pain in my neck & back & my husband's shoulder & knee pain, and upcoming surgeries for us both, not to mention daily life such as work & so forth... I really am just mentally exhausted.

My brain doesn't want to think about losing weight right now. And my body is just reacting to my brainless efforts.

I know I'll pick back up again... not sure when. But I refuse to flat-out give up. That's just not my style. So I'll keep coming here, & read more than post.

You guys are truly inspirational; I can't imagine that I'll be in the No-Care Zone for long.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

it's okay to "take a break" from weight loss, I can totally understand just being to busy/stressed/etc. to have any energy left for dieting....and it sure does take a lot of energy! Maybe focus on just maintaining for now. Keep in mind all of the stuff you've learned such as choosing healthy foods and controlling your portions and try to stay as active as possible without killing yourself, take a walk or go for an easy swim. It's okay to "take a break" if you need it, it will probably make you more successful in the future, nobody benefits from having a breakdown! Just keep an eye on things so you know you're not gaining.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in there..i'm sort of in the same boat...i'm in the process of moving, starting a new job, giving up my horse that i love...and just haven't been doing well these past weeks. All the stress of living out of boxes moving stuff, getting stuff set up etc. I just haven't really bothered. I am looking forward to next week when i'm at my new home and my work starts later...i hope the new environment will give me motivation. hang in there...hopefully soon it will kick back in...you've been doing so good. Good luck.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Beach Patrol!

When it's time, it's time--and when it's not, it's not. C'est la vie!

But, I'm worried about the "No-Care Zone." Even if you choose not to stick with a weight loss plan at this time, I hope that you do care enough not to go back to "careless" eating. I don't have to tell you that that's a sure road to weight gain...

So please, try to find your way to the "Care-but-not-trying-to-lose-now Zone"! It's a better place to hang out--and you'll be happier later on.

Take care, Beach! Don't be a stranger!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I've been in what I call "maintenance mode" for a while now. I do think there are times you can't prioritize weight loss, but Jay is right -- be careful about easing up to the point where you gain it all back!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  

Instead of the no-care zone, keep it in the stable-zone. Life's priorities don't always put weight loss at the head of the pack, but don't let go! Don't forget all the work you have already done! Put it on the back burner, for sure...you have so much going on...but don't throw it away! Get back at it as soon as life permits, and you are ready. There's nothing wrong with taking a break, though.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #7  

I'm so there with you, Beach Patrol. And I have no excuse except a slight case of depression perhaps. I'll eat pretty well for a couple of days, and then totally eat off track for two days. Today, I woke up, ate an apple fritter w/ my Starbuck's coffee, and the day went downhill from there (I slept for most of the afternoon and ate the rest of the time).

I agree with the others about not deviating into careless eating, but that, too, involves a certain amount of caring, and I'm not sure how to attain it when one is in that frame of mind.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've taken plenty of them. ESPECIALLY when we bought our house and I was remodeling it before move-in. That IS one time when you really don't care. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:29 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'll bet all of us, or almost, have had such periods. It sort of sucks, but hey, when life's being rough, we can't focus on everything, can we? As long as it's just 'no-care' about the really diet-stuff, and not a complete U-turn leading you to really off-eating, it's probably not a catastrophe. (I tend to consider there's quite a range of eating patterns between "I'm eating perfectly all the time and doing cardio/weight-lifting 6 times a week" and "I'm eating at fast-food joint at every meal, including breakfast".)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 AM   #10  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i can totally relate to where you're at. i'm there, too. Husband's out of work right now due to a back injury, my son is having behavior problems, i'm getting to know my ex's new wife, and i'm homesick. Oh...and it's 4:24 am and i'm awake due to insomnia.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #11  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Perhaps it is something in the air...? Good luck and keep faith in yourself. Everyone needs a break from a battle. It will invigorate you to put yourself towards something else and will help bring back meaning to your efforts. ^-~
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sounds like you do need that much needed break. It is very tough being "on" all the time. Very, very tough indeed.

I really have no doubt thought that before not too long you'll be right back in that "Care-Zone", you like that avatar pic of you too much to be gone from it for too long . And quite frankly, who could blame you?

But I'm with the others, take that break from actively trying to LOSE, but don't loosen up things that much where you're GAINING.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #13  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

I am in the same place, though not with as many difficulties. I'm stressed out over looking for a job and my daughter starting kindergarten soon... I'm really a ball of nerves having to completely leave my comfort zone in such a way. I've never left her in the care of another, except for a brief stint in daycare... and I've been a stay-at-home mom forever. So it's really daunting, and I've been eating a lot.

Pizza, ice cream, brownies... I mean, really bad. I haven't stepped on the scale to see what damage has been done yet, but I suppose I will today.

I feel a little safe in that at least I feel bad about it. When I've really given up, I become comfortable with my weight and don't feel bad at all about how much I eat. As long as I don't grow comfortable and keep trying, I think I'll be okay. Unless I've gained back 10 pounds... it'll be hard to motivate again if that's the case.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 AM   #14  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Oh sweetie, I hear ya.

My mom went through a similar period where she felt like she just couldn't go through "diet mode" while taking care of everyone. She was moving me at the time because I got real sick, my grandma landed herself in a nursing home after breaking her leg, her dad had just passed before that and she was heartbroken. She decided that "diet mode" wasn't good for her, so she went back to ALL her bad habits. She started eating junk (maybe not even a lot of it), did not exercise except for the running around she did going place to place and the 20 lbs piled back on.

I encourage you to take this time off of your diet, but continue with the things you have learned about healthy eating and portions. Make sure you have PLENTY of fresh/frozen fruits and veggies around for when you REALLY get hungry. When you're stressed, just go for a small walk around the block instead of intense cardio or what you're used to doing. Seriously...exercise helps with our mental well-being...we ALL need it. My mom even fessed up in our weight-loss class that as soon as she got BACK to her exercise, she had about 10x less stress and her body didn't ache so much.

So.... Yes, take a break, but not from everything. Stick in there babe...we want to see you accomplish great things and accomplish your goals!!! Focus on feeling better physically and mentally, instead of focusing on intense dieting.

We love ya BP!!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Just went through 3 weeks of this myself! I just tried to maintain and eat well 80% of the time and not focus on loss.

What I did do for myself was get out my frustration by riding my bike. Sometimes, we just need a break and it's OK to take it. I'm now back on with some motivation and it feels good!

You just jump back on when you're ready and I'll have my hand out to help you back on!

aymster is offline   Reply With Quote