South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Not Losing any Weight

I started South Beach about a month ago and I am actually enjoying it and don't feel deprieved (though I definetly miss some sweets). Anyways I did the first 2 weeks and lost 13 pounds which is amazing being that while I'm overweight I'm not obese and so I expected atmost 8 to come off. Anyways the past couple weeks in phase 2 I haven't lost anything and while i might have cheated a bit (I just started a food journal to combat that) it hasnt been much and I have also started working out with a personal trainer. So I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or some tips to help me get back on track!
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #2  

I'm not on Phase 2 yet but I know I read a thread about this and this has happened to other people too. I'll look for it. But looking at it rationally, 13 pounds in a month is a lot! I think it's reasonable that the body is adjusting to the weight loss. Our bodies are not meant to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time (unfortunate for those of us who wish it!).

I think some tips I remember are drinking lots of water throughout the day and eat fiber from legumes to make sure you eliminate waste.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Here are my tips to getting out of a plateau and staying out:

- Drink your water, 8-10 glasses a day, without fail.
- Eat your veggies!!!!! I try to get 5-9 servings a day.
- Get a serving of beans every day.
- Limit your grains. Eat 1-3 servings of veggies first and then have a grain if you're still hungry.
- Have healthy OP sweet treats to curb the urge to cheat. (I used to LOVE the Decadent Fudge Brownies with a T. of FF Cool Whip on top)

That's all I can think of right now. Hope that helps!

Lisa
Old 07-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

before i give specific advice i like to know exactly what a person is eating for each meal and snack and how much water they are drinking and how much if any exercise they are getting.

can you post those things?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:55 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Check out my thread about ovulating. I know, weird advice. But some gals gave me some great ideas about why my loss could have stalled.

You'll keep losing if you're eating the right things and exercising! Keep that in mind! Thirteen pounds is a lot - more than double what I lost on Phase 1!

Kara
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #6  

Check out this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63320
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Pinup! (love the name and the avatar!!! Bettie is SO gorgeous!)

You may either be gaining muscle and losing fat (check how many inches you've lost!) or you may need to mess around with the combination ('combo') of starches and fruits you're eating--when you eat them, how much you're eating, what you eat with them, etc. Check out the What's Your P2 Combo? thread for tons of ideas and information on that!

I do think the scale will eventually move. Congratulations, though on the original loss...that's fantastic!!!
Closed Thread