Old 07-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #1  
Releasing the inner hiker

Default WATP Fast Firming

Hello,

I just received the new Walk Slim set and I really enjoy the boosted speed and intervals (although I'm not doing much of the intervals yet).

I've looked at the enclosed literature she sent as well as old threads here, but haven't seen any suggestions as to how to use the firming DVD with the walking Walk Slim DVDs. Is it really considered strength training, so I should alternate days between each? Or is it meant to be used in addition or after completing the walking series? I'm only doing the 2mile right now, so I was thinking of doing the 2mile in the morning and the firming one at night, but I don't want to overdo it.

Any thoughts?
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #2  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I would suggest either skipping a day after doing the firming or alternating between upper and lower body.
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with Michele. Give your muscles time to repair, and look more shapely!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #4  

Thanks for the feedback. I figured that would be the advice given, though it seems weird to skip a day, when her firming DVD is not as challenging as the PUSH videos I was previously using. However, I can see the benefit in skipping a day, so thanks!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

How did you like PUSH?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #6  

Truthfully, the videos were way too hard for me, even on the beginner level. I don't think Mike Monroe truly understands beginner level (with back issues), when his warmup consisted of fast jumping, sprinting, and squatting. I can't tell you how many times I was in tears after attempting the videos, because I just couldn't do his exercises, even modifying as much as I could.

So, I think they work, esp if you are modestly fit, which I am not. I fully intend on doing them again, but have to lose more weight and do more firming first.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

I understand! I did a great job with them Pre-herniated disk. Post-herniated disk (and terribly out of shape) I couldn't. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that they are weight baring exercises, and the more you weigh, the harder it is! I gained 40 pounds after I threw my back out. So I was out of shape, plus having to hold up more weight than before. They were a lot of fun though, and Mike Monroe is a sweetheart.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote