Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Bubble Butt Exercises

Hey all. I saw a picture of me from behind yesterday and...no. I look like I'm walking around with two rather large cantaloupes in my back pockets. The front is shrinking just by cutting calories...but the back...not so much.

What kind of exercises can I do to help shrink that area?

Thanks for the help and advice guys.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #2  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

How much exercise are you doing? I walk a minimum of an hour a day to and from work at a moderate speed and while the scale hasn't dropped a ton, I've definitely noticed a bit less junk in the trunk. :P
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I haven't really started focusing on exercise yet. I have a DVD I do use (Walk Away The Pounds), which is about 20 minutes of walking (marching in place), with some added side steps, knee-lifts, etc. mixed in.

I'd like to walk to/from work (it'd only take about 15-20 minutes each way), but recent events have made unsafe for me to walk alone (especially after dark when I get off work).

Maybe I'll just have to get up in the morning and go walk around the track down the street. If you say walking works, I'm willing to give it a go! Thanks.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

i know a couple that make your butt all sore the next day! i don't know what they're called, but i take a body sculpting class and do these, and definitely notice a difference!

- get on all fours, and with your left leg, raise it and make a 90 degree angle, and push it upwards, up and down, up and down. i do about 2 sets of 20 reps. then, after those two sets, lift that left leg high, and hold it there for 15 seconds. do the same thing with your right leg.

another one i do is kind of similar

-get on all fours, lift your left leg straight out, and raise and lift it high, keeping your leg straight. do about 2 sets of 20 reps. then, you raise it half way, and raise your leg all the way, bring it back down half way, and bring it all the way down. 2 sets of 20 reps. then lift your leg high, keeping it straight, and hold it there for 15 seconds. do the same with your right

i hope those made sense! i'd take pictures for an example, but my camera is broken
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Kate those sound great! I am going to add them to my daily routine, I am currently walking 30 minutes on the treadmill each day and doing 100 crunches and 15 minutes of strength training. Thanks for the suggestions!! I have done something similiar in aerobics before and you can definetly feel your booty the next day.

Does anyone know.... if squats help this problem area also?
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #6  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

If anyone knows of any exercise other than lunges so that I may actually have a butt, please pm me. I want a booty!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy View Post
If anyone knows of any exercise other than lunges so that I may actually have a butt, please pm me. I want a booty!

Can I give you some of mine?
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #8  
Jmeezay

Are there any stairs you can climb? I moved last year into my current apartment and I live on the 3rd floor. My steps are old school (read: STEEP) and within a few months of simply living here, my thighs looked a good deal smaller and my butt a bit firmer. Hey, its worth a shot!

P.S. I hate stair stepping machines, which is why I didn't even go there.