UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #1  

Default Why can't I lose?

Last Monday, I started a diet where my calorie intake is under 1500. Then I decided to go swimming three times a week for around 30-40 mins. On the days when I did not go swimming, I went on the dance mat for 30mins and did some weight lifting exercises. Since Wednesday, I have not lost anything, despite having been strict and exercising. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I feel like I'm wasting my time; I just wanted to lose 21 -28 pounds over Summer and now I feel so far away from even losing 1 stone.
Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Give it more time, please. It will take time to lose, and even if you don't see any progress in the first week, if you stick to it you'll find that some weeks you lose more than you expect/hope, and other weeks you lose less. As long as the average is losing rather than gaining, you're doing well.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #3  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

When I'm truly sticking to my plan (instead of faffing around with it like I did last week) I lose every two weeks. I may drop a tiny bit one week but the next week 2-3 lbs will go. I have no idea why that is but that's how it goes for me. Helen is right, you're being impatient (totally understandable). Why don't you try going for two weeks without weighing and see what happens - I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #4  

in addition to the comments above

are you eating enough? depending on your weight it might not be enough (or too much) ... watch the (processed) sugar in foods... i have found cutting it out i loose easier... e.g i thought i was being gd haivng weetabix.. but its got lots of sugar in ... etc..

keep a food diary... it supprising what you "forget" you have eaten.. it all counts!

and like above.. as long asyour not gaining keep at it !...
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM   #5  

HI LOu! and Hi to marmite! Just wanted to add my 10 pence worht that writing dfown what yu eat is a very good idea.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/185/119

Height: 5'4"

ditto. for ages i didnt lose weight but since ive written down everything andcounted all the calories its going better.but still slow!
frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote