South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Chat

Good Morning!

I can't believe all that I've accomplished so far this morning! I have my second load of laundry in the washer, and two meals baking in the oven. I feel like the Energizer Bunny.

With all this excess energy, I guess I'll go to Curves, then I have to pick up the girls and take them along with me to my hairdresser appointment. I don't really like to bring them along, but through a "comedy of errors", I either have to bring them or change my appointment yet again, and I've already done that twice, thanks to Cindy. We're going to have to talk about this communication problem. The rest of the day will probably be spent in the pool.

We had a great time at the zoo yesterday. The girls especially enjoyed riding the camel and feeding the pygmy goats.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there! I "slept in" until 5:30 so have not done much except socialize with the dogs and drink my coffee. Wow, Cottage! As they say in Delta "No flies on her!"

Yesterday was just too darned busy but today will be better. I have a few wee errands to do this afternoon and plan to spend the rest of the day in the garden. There are a few seeds that need to go in before the end of June if I'm to have any crop at all. The darn deer ate my first planting of those lovely little filet beans! The good news is that they missed the sugar snap peas!

Time for breakfast. Decisions! Decisions!

How does your longest day of the year look?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #3  

Good morning to you, Ruth!

FLIES! I hate flies!!!! Them and mosquitoes are the bane of summer!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 AM   #4  

Cottage I despise flies as well!!!! My kids have been playing outside so much that I swear everytime they open the door another one has made it into the house. It makes me crazy. I envy your productivity!!!!!!

Ruth Morning!! I have also had my coffee...... did my Bible study as well.... now I just have to motivate myself to get dressed.

I have an inservice today on teaching writing. I will be teaching 4th grade this year and there is a big emphasis on writing, which is my weakest teaching subject. Hopefully the 6 hours I spend there today will miraculously help me.

Gotta go... a friend is watching the girlies, so I need to get them up and fed.

Later gals!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey girls...

i'm early today

having a rough day... i posted a solicitation for love....

riding camels Cottage? how cool

hey Ruth I slept till 5:30 too even if the alarm did go off at 5!

kiko my writing has deteriorated since the internet.... i hope 6 hours helps you!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Well, Ladies...today isn't great, but better than yesterday..it was a rough day.
After I took a bath yesterday morning I saw some "weird black things" in front of my left eye. Kind of looked like someone had taken blobs of mascara and dotted it on piece of saran wrap and was holding it a few inches in front of my eye.So I did a little research and found it was probably "floaters" and thought, ok, that's nothing much. Then I was telling one of my clients about it (she's a nurse) and she told me to get to the eye doctor right away. I thought, ok, I need new contacts and glasses anyway.

To make a long story short, I have a big problem. It's not floaters..apparently blood vessels are growing into my retina and if we don't do anything about it, I will lose my sight in that eye. But he told me there is a treatment for it. When he said "treatment", I was thinking "drops"...then he layed the bomb on me and told me I was going to have to get a needle put in my eye. I nearly passed out. I was nauseated to begin with. I told him no way unless they knock me completely out cause I would definately get hysterical and they couldn't keep me still. I have an apt to go back on Monday to talk to the surgeon.
I'm a web designer, so my eyes are really important in my work. Nope, not a good day at all...

But the good news is that when I got home I really wanted something gooey and chocolate and my husband told me he would go get me anything I wanted. I really wanted a Snickers! But I resisted and he fixed me some grilled fish and a salad instead. So if I could resist a snickers after that news, I can resist anything. He did a great job on the fish, btw!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oh Femmecreole I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm blind in one eye (born that way) so I know how critical vision is. I am GLAD you went to the eye doctor and I am GLAD they can fix it.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #8  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Them and mosquitoes are the bane of summer!
I have been using the best stuff ever for mosquitos this summer. Keep in mind that I live in hot humid rainy Louisiana and there is a swamp about 10 minutes from here...the bugs here are unreal.

The stuff is called "mosquito barrier" mosquitobarrier.com and if it works here, it will work anywhere. It is made of pure garlic and the smell in the bottle is enough to knock your socks off...but not bad at all when you mix it up. You put 6 tablespoons and a little liquid dish soap in a gallon of water, then spray it all over in the yard every couple of weeks. I use a little pump sprayer and it takes me about 20 minutes to do the front and the back of the house.
Usually I can't even work outside without putting "off" or something else all over me from head to toe...and I hate that stuff. I'm one of those people that mosquitos just love. I can get tons of bites sitting on the patio while my husband gets none...I promise this stuff works..I have not gotten one single bite since we started using it this summer and the mosquitos are really bad here this year with all of the rain we are having.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #9  

Cawfee! Cawfeeeeee ah....much much better !

Wow, I feel like a slug compared to you gals...

I'm only a half tank full and need to get in gear today!

I'm enjoying watching the chicadees and finches ar the feeder but there's no doubt who the King of the feeder is... I had no idea Woodpeckers were so fierce! And I made my decision on which job to take... the one based on Boston.. which means in the beginning I may have to be up there 4 days - fly home for the weekend and back..but after things settle in I'll be able to work from home, and go in periodically --oh yes, and have to fly out to visit clients... The company is HQed in Ireland..with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada..so I may get to travel internationally too..
Ok babes....gotta go !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-21-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #10  

Femme: SO sorry to hear the news.. at least it can be fixed
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #11  

Thanks, femme! I'll look for that! Do you have to re-apply every time it rains? If that's the case, I'd have to buy a crate of it! What awful news, regarding your eye!!!! I'd have to really be knocked out and strapped down for a procedure like that. It's a good thing you went to the eye doctor right away, though. I hope it goes well, and BRAVO! for not caving in to temptations!

Kiko ~ I hope your in-service day goes well. Writing is my weak point, too. Sometimes I even have trouble putting my thoughts into words for in here!

Nessa ~ Hang in there, I'm off to read your other post right now!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Femme- I'm sorry to hear about your eye and here I was feeling bummed because I miss home. I'm totally with you with the being knocked out thing Idk how people can handle a needle there. That's a great tip about the mosquitoes I think the ones here in GA are on steroids because when you hit them they get back up and fly away.LOL

Everyone seems to be starting a little earlier than usual myself included. I had to get up at 5 this morning to take DH to the range. He's one of the NCO's in charge which means he has to be there all day. I'm feeling a little bummed today either because I didn't sleep well last night and I'm tired or I'm really homesick. I stayed up way too late watching Ghosthunters and then I couldn't sleep because I was too scared. I ended up falling asleep at 2 and waking at 5.
Anyway, Hope everyone has a great Thursday...
Pohai
Old 06-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #13  

Schatzi! Congrats on the new job!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #14  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Thanks, femme! I'll look for that! Do you have to re-apply every time it rains?
Nope. You apply it about every 2 or 3 weeks. And a "normal" rain doesn't affect it. But we have been having HUGE storms just about daily here dumping tons of water around and making standing puddles, so I have been doing it about once a week or every 10 days. I think you can only order it online. I ordered 2 bottles and am still on the first one, so it goes pretty far. Not really cheap, but worth it to me not to be itchy all summer and having "bo-bo's" all over my body.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

FEMME! Hope the doc gives you good news on Monday. We'll be thinking of you!

Nessa, when you posted in your other post about it "not being TOM" I automatically wondered what my husband could have done that would have stalled your weight loss. I had to read your post three times before I got it!

Congrats on the job, Schatzi! Sounds like fun!

Kiko, I hope your inservice goes well! Getting kids to write is hard at first, in my experience, but once they get the tools to structure their thoughts, they take off! I taught a fourth/fifth combination class one year and loved it!

Pohai, my mother-in-law watches that show. I could never see a whole episode because it would scare me.

Tom says I have to say good night to all my on-line friends and come to bed. Hope you all have a lovely Thursday! Someone please sprinkle some will power dust over my noggin because I feel like I'm about to go over the cliff!!!

Kara
Closed Thread