Old 06-19-2007, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

Default we cant all look like paris hilton

what a boring world that would be! im looking to be a more beautiful me.
im new. support please!!!
my biggest problem with myself is my weight...im sure im not alone in thinkin that! there are aspects of my looks that i really like. its time to make a change.

about the same time last year, i had lost about 20 lbs. and since then, ive gained 35 back. ive had some major changes in my life. broke up with my fiancee of 3 years, lost my job, among other things. along with the stress and depression came the lbs.

its in the past, i have no control over it. but what im learning is that there are things i can take control over and my weight is one of those things.

so ladies, im lookin for some support!!
angeleyes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Welcome to 3fc! I'm also someone who likes the way that they look, but I could do with a few less pounds! I am sure you'll get the support you're looking for! 3FC is always willing to help!

on a side note...

To be honest, who would want to look like paris hilton? I personally think that people like her, Lindsay Lohan and other celebs who are famous for no good reason do the world a great in justice! The only claim to fame these people have is causing young women to take on eating disorders to look like them, and making people of a healthy weight feel that they are fat and unattractive!

(she's been claiming that since she's been in jail, she's only had bread and water, which is probably more that she eats at home! A strike for sympathy, imho)
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #3  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

amen girl!!! I actually don't think Paris Hilton is too pretty. I saw a photo of her at the beach in a magazine and she had a lot of acne! I didn't even notice her body after that! so there is no "perfection".
Also, ANYONE could look gorgeous with the right clothes, hair, makeup, massages, etc etc...!

leda
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Lol. I agree we all can't look like Paris Hilton.
She's pretty in her own way, but so are all of us.
I myself also like some aspects of me, just not my current weight.

Anyways welcome to 3FC. Keep on posting and let us know your progress.
Everyone here is super supportive and encouraging.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #5  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

There are better standards of beauty than Paris Hilton! Being blonde and skinny does not make a person pretty. (if I was skinny, I would be pretty, but it wouldn't be my blondness that made it so)
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I've met Paris Hilton in person... she's not ALL that great looking. She has her attractive moments, but she's mostly just ungodly tall with a big nose. She's not ugly or anything (on an honest 1-10 scale, I'd give her a 6.5), but if I had to pick somebody famous who I wanted to look like, she wouldn't be it.

And welcome, angeleyes.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
(she's been claiming that since she's been in jail, she's only had bread and water, which is probably more that she eats at home! A strike for sympathy, imho)

LOL. Not like it matters for her, anyway - her jail sentence should be almost up by now. She's too rich and famous to ever need a real job, and she'll always be Paris Hilton, so a little stay in jail and a criminal record is nothing for her to fear!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

lol...hey there's nothing wrong with being ungodly tall...I'm 6'3" :-p
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterlicious View Post
lol...hey there's nothing wrong with being ungodly tall...I'm 6'3" :-p
In the words of Paris Hilton, that's hot.

Paris's height wouldn't look so awkward if she wasn't so boney.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #10  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I wish I were ungodly tall! lol
I'm 5'5" and I was always (and still am) so jealous of my sister who is 5'11". Oh well, I'll just work with what I've got!

Have any of you heard about Tyra Banks's "So What" movement? It's basically bucking the "standard of beauty," your overweight? So what! Your nose is big? So what! Your boobs aren't big and perky? So what! Everyone deserves to feel beautiful regardless of the standards that celebrities set. I like how Tyra emphasizes self acceptance so much, I think it's an important message that we should all learn to love ourselves. I may not be the size I want yet but I still love myself and can very much appreciate what my body can do!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

The above caption caught my eye and I had to laugh. All of your comments are great! Paris Hilton is a sad creature IMO. She has it within her power (as well as Britney, Lindsay, and other young generics) to be such a positive role model for young girls. Such a shame that our young girls have the likes of these bimbos to look up to... Best of luck to all of you lovely ladies ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Such a shame that our young girls have the likes of these bimbos to look up to...
LOL!! i totally love the bimbo usage.

i have to say, from what i can see, you are ALL beautiful women! even those of you who dont have pics posted, i see those tickers (as well as the others)and i think...there is so much strength (to me strength is also beautiful). Congrads on taking control of your weight loss journeys! i hope i can have the same strength!!

going back to the whole paris, lindsey...etc topic. i do think that they are beautiful as well. but my whole point is, why do they have to be the standard? i mean, honestly, with the drug, alcohol and even weight loss addictions....that seems more like self loathing. i would love to see someone out there, maybe a size 14 or so....beautiful and promoting self love to the youngsters out there.

but on the other hand, i cant help but compare myself. its a very sad contradiction.
angeleyes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes317 View Post

going back to the whole paris, lindsey...etc topic. i do think that they are beautiful as well. but my whole point is, why do they have to be the standard? i mean, honestly, with the drug, alcohol and even weight loss addictions....that seems more like self loathing. i would love to see someone out there, maybe a size 14 or so....beautiful and promoting self love to the youngsters out there.

but on the other hand, i cant help but compare myself. its a very sad contradiction.
There has been a lot of campaigning recently against the Size Zero-ettes of the world. I personally believe that the only reason these people are considered "role models" for children today, is because of how much press and media attention they get for blowing their noses! (things normal people do everyday)

Marilyn Monroe wasnt a skinny lady, some people even have reason to believe that she was a size 12 (about 10 in today's standards)! If I had to pick celebrities out there today to use as a role model for myself (or my kids if I have any in the future) I would choose people like George Clooney and Angelina Jolie. The people who, although beautiful, still give everything they can to charities and pretty much live for the cause of helping others.

(probably doesnt help that growing up, my favourite movie was Hairspray with Ricki Lake!! I always wanted to be like Tracy Turnblad, and sadly, I kinda am now size wise, but without the dancing skillz!)
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #14  

You know... there's actually a video on YouTube somewhere of Paris Hilton picking her nose. She got caughing picking her nose and then waved to the camera... with the same hand, no less!

I adore Tyra. She's amazing. I love how there is a movement by SOME people in Hollywood to stop focusing on society's messed up beauty standards and just be normal and healthy. There needs to be some sort of rebellion from the distorted norm; it's quite sad that in Hollywood, if you're over a size TWO, you might as well be a COW.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #15  
Proud US Navy Wife

Welcome, angeleyes!

I have to agree, I dont think there is anything special about Paris Hilton. In fact, I think she's kind of ugly. Sure, tall chicks are hot... my sister is 6'1, and shes one of the hottest girls I know! And shes working on her weight and self-image as well! *gives a huge round of applause to her big sister*

Weight is just a number. I think we should make famous the chicks on here... so many of them have been MY role models and have helped me accomplish more than any celeb ever would.

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote