Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

Default question about pain after a tummy tuck

i have been wanting one for so long i had three big pregnancies. well 2 c-sections later (got lucky had 2nd baby natural..maybe not she was the biggest) i have a flap of skin i know no amount of sit ups will ever help even WHEN i get to my goal weight. not really worried about scares looks like someone went down there with the butcher knife now(not the only surgeries i have had 5 total) but, the pain would you say it is about the same or more?
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #2  
Mel

I took percocet for 2 days, but it made me itch like crazy. By day 3 I was just taking tylenol and doing fine. I really didn't find it all that painful after the initial 36 hours. Sneezing for the first time was quite an experience, tho!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #3  

oh just the thought of getting it done makes me wanna work so much harder. thanks for the info on the pain. in the end i am sure it will be worth the pain of it and after all that's why they give you pain med...lol
Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I was wondering the same thing about the pain. If it is compareable to a c-section. With my first{c-section} I needed the pain meds they gave me but with the second I only took tylenol, the pain wasn't as bad the second time. I have read some people saying they were hunched over and so forth so I was thinking maybe it was compareable to the c-section except the tightness. Any one else have any input??
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #5  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the input Meg. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of my flap when I hit goal as well.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #6  

i think it would really depend then on how the c-sections went then too my last one sucked Abigail was breach sideways so they had to widen the incision alot it is hip to hip now and after the second day i had infection set in. but i would do it again in a sec. was worth the pain to have her. and it will be worth it to get rid of this flap of skin too....

thanks meg for the info
Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I am yet to have children (probably a decade down the road) but I joke that if I have a c-section it'll be no sweat because I have had my tummy cut open before.

I have heard through the grapevine (though Meg is a real live person here who has experienced both) that a tt is more painful than a c-section, but very different.
I would imagine that the greatest difference is that after a c-section you have your lovely new baby to completely focus on, whereas after a tt the reward isn't as immediately gratifying. (Though after a couple of months one is endlessly pleased that one was courageous enough to just do it and deal).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote