Old 06-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #1  
MSD

Default The Cabbage Soup Diet!

Hi there,

Hope you're all having a good day :-)

One quick loss diet that does work is the Cabbage soup diet. It doesn't taste nice and should only ever be used for a week or so to quickly shed some pounds before moving on to a more long-term standard calorie controled diet. It does however allow you to lose weight quickly in a very short period of time, which puts you in a better mood for fully entering a more traditional diet.

Here is a link explaining the details of the cabbage soup diet. Any thoughts on the plan???

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...age_Soup_Diet/

M

M
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3FC

I replaced your link, due to our link policy.

I've never known anyone that was happy with the cabbage soup diet and a lot of people become ill. It's a very low calorie and unbalanced fad diet.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #3  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

I remember trying this in the early 80's. They called it the "Dolly Parton Diet" back then..all I remember is that my apartment smelled like cooked cabbage for weeks and that my stomach was constantly upset..so that could be one way that it works, as an internal purge.

I think it's probably great for those who have only a few pounds to lose and who love cabbage soup.

Last edited by Nan11; 06-15-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: no "E" in stomach
Nan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

What a horrible "diet"!

The soup, I could eat, in addition to a regular, balanced diet
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

I did it a couple of times and did lose weight on it, but I didn't keep it all off. IMO, not worth the torture! I'm on the Sonoma Diet now, and you can lose up to 10 pounds in the first 10 days without the suffering. Much better for you and the results are similar.
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #6  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi, MSD. I've never really heard it put the way you did -

Quote:
It does however allow you to lose weight quickly in a very short period of time, which puts you in a better mood for fully entering a more traditional diet.
I can definitely see that it would put you in a good frame of mind if this was treated as a brief "soup fast" that lasted as long as most soup fasts are recommended - over a weekend, for instance. It would probably be encouraging to someone, to have made a successful project of it. It's those 7 full days that make it into a deprivation thing! Most of those I know who've tried it were just counting the days to go back to eating like they did before, couldn't think of anything else by the 7th day, and therefore gained any weight loss back.

Like SoulBliss, I have had this soup and actually sort of liked the taste. Not bad, and I'd probably look forward to it for an occasional meal - could see how it would help with weight loss that way.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #7  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

If you take a pound of stew beef, and simmer it till it falls apart. Then put it in the fridge over night so you can just peel the fat off the top and THEN make the cabbage soup (no soup started or estra broth needed), it's YUMMY and much more nutritious.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #8  

I heard the diet worked so when I tried it I could only last for 3 days. I started to feel sick to my stomach, tired, fatigue..etc. I'd love to do it again, but I wouldn't want to suffer.
AmberD47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #9  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi!

MSD, I really can relate to your idea of doing the cabbage soup diet as a "quick start" to weight loss...To be honest, I tried it several times but it never worked. Ok, I lost a few lb the FIRST time I tried it (interestingly, I lost close to nothing the next trials), but it was HORROR! I was hungry, I wasnīt able to function properly, no concentration, bad mood....And the smell!

At the moment, I am not able to eat a spoon full of that soup without feeling the urge to run to the toilet...I had (or have) bad pain in my jaws the last months and had troubles chewing. So I tried the cabbage soup as a part of a "normal" eating plan- but even then I couldnīt eat it...

Maybe itīs just me lacking discipline, but in my opinion the cabbage soup "diet" could never be a good start to a normal weight loss diet- after you finished your soups days, all you can think of is FOOD!! You will be terrible hungry! Not the best circumstances to lose weight and keep it of....

But thatīs just my opinion....

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote