Old 06-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Am I Insane for Doing This?

The other night I had to make cookies for a potluck lunch, and I ate three. I felt myself slipping out of control a little, so I vowed not to go off plan the next day (yesterday) at the potluck. Well, I was fine until I saw those damn cookies on the dessert table. (Mental note: never EVER make homemade chocolate cookies with those little green mint chips again, no matter who wants them). So I ate too many of them, and then I went out with some coworkers to celebrate our freedom (the school year ended, woohoo!) and I had FOUR drinks and an enormous piece of pizza. Oh yes. I even drank beer, which I never drink. Then I got home and ate a few more of those cookies!!

So...even though I went WAY off plan yesterday, I still plan to eat a bit too much at my husband's birthday dinner tonight. We're going to this wonderful fondue restaurant we haven't gone to in ages, and we LOVE it. I'm going to enjoy it, forget about points and calories, and celebrate with my husband. That will make THREE days in a row of going over my points, and yet I'm going to do it anyway.

Here's why I'm posting this. If I come back here tomorrow (Sunday) and I'm STILL not on plan, I want all of you to find some way to come to Virginia and kick me in the butt! I wasn't going to post about being off plan -- I was just going to slink back and forget it had happened, but I thought it would be better to be accountable, even in the middle of my little "break."

Am I insane for planning to eat too much tonight? I'm doing it in full knowledge that I'll probably step back into the 180s on my next weigh-in, but also knowing that I can get right back on track.

Ok, I'm off for a 3-mile run to burn off a few of those calories from last night.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You know, you might not have too much of a problem if you are stepping up your exercise. (not that I'm an expert here, but....)
I think that you want to go out tonight and just have a good time with your husband. That part is really good. The cookie episode, well, wasn't so good, but you've learned a valuable lesson. (the cookies sound really good, BTW)

I guess with as much success as you've had, I don't feel that you are in big danger. You know that you have done so well in the past that you can get it back under control. Just make sure that you get it back under control!!! ha!

Maybe take another 3 mile run in an hour or so! ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Homemade cookies are the absolute hardest thing to avoid IMO. We've baked here a few times recently for different reasons. Really it's just the hardest t hing to resist. LisaMarie, what 's done is done. No matter how far we've come these things are just going to happen. The key is not too often and then to jump right back on track. As far as hubby's birthday, happy birthday to him by the way, you've obviously been looking forward to this for awhile. You've made your decision, stick with it by all means, ENJOY the evening KNOWING that you will get right back to business on Sunday. Or like ya said - I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO VA. AND KICK YOUR TINY BUTT. But honestly, I don't think it's gonna come down to that. I think you WILL get yourself back on track. You LIKE your track and you're gonna miss it. I wouldn't mind meeting you anyway, but it'll have to be another time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/189/160

Height: 5 foot 6 inches

It sounds like everyone had a really bad day yesterday. I posted almost an identicle thread on the support forum last night. We had a potluck at work yesterday too. 98% of everything there was made with cream cheese. I told myself I was not going to eat any of it and just stick to what I brought for lunch, but of course that didn't happen. I was so frustrated with myself last night.
My sister does WW. She has lost 28 in about 3 months. She sticks to her points during the week, cheats on the weekends and she doesn't exercise. As long as you jump back into it Monday and don't let it be a downward spiral I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. We are human we are going to make mistakes. Just start up again Monday.
Courtney
changing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I'll drive down and kick your but Lisa if need be
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #6  
Dieting Diva

I'm not going to kick your butt, sounds like you are doing a fair job of doing it yourself.
Did we get morbidly obese from teetering from two days in a row.NO !
Just get on plan ASAP and Run LISA Run !
I am still saving your seat in the 170's just in case- you can bank on it !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  

Thanks, everyone!! That makes me feel better. It's good to know I have such lovely ladies willing to come and kick my butt!! And it's probably not that far of a drive for nelie!!

I ran three miles just now and it's pretty hot already so I feel like I kind of sweated out some of that nasty alcohol. I don't drink that often, and when I do it's just a glass of wine, so I'm kind of grossed out by last night, especially with the extra food on top of it!

I am still going to enjoy tonight, but I really can't even imagine not being right back on plan tomorrow. In fact, I'm on plan today except for the evening meal. I'm eating just like I would on a regular day except for dinner, so that tells me I'm not completely out of control. Plus...I have you guys -- how can I go wrong?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Next time, do NOT take the leftover cookies home Alternatively, make cookies you don't like. I do a lot of training and I always bring candy. I bring 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and Almond Joy - three candy bars I loathe. That way, I'm not tempted at all.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
candy bars I loathe.
Hmmmm, I've never heard of this phenomenon!!!!

Lisa - You didn't get to 285 by a few extra cookies and big nights out. You got there by a LOT of extra cookies and nights out. They were your NORM not your EXCEPTION. Keep these past few days the exception and you won't go back to where you were. I'm not trying to make excuses for you or justify anything for you because I don't feel those things are necessary. I think you're going to be perfectly fine!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Next time, do NOT take the leftover cookies home Alternatively, make cookies you don't like. I do a lot of training and I always bring candy. I bring 3 Musketeers, Milky Way and Almond Joy - three candy bars I loathe. That way, I'm not tempted at all.
That's normally my trick too. I make this fantastic (so they say) German chocolate cake with the coconut/pecan frosting, all homemade, for lots of occasions because I DESPISE that nasty frosting but everyone else loves it. When I take candy in for my students, it's always candy bars I don't like, with nuts and nougat and all that nastiness. But this time, my husband asked me to please make those great chocolate mint cookies and I said "ok, honey!" What a dummy I am. Oh, and he wanted to bring the leftovers home. I should've told him no, because he would've been ok with it, but I think a little part of me wanted to be tempted so I could eat them, if that makes sense. They're still sitting in my kitchen, though, and I have no desire to eat one today. I think I got my fill of them!

Tricia, thanks for your support!
Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #11  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am in N.C. I might be able to come , You have lost alot of weight, as long as you plan to get back on track, it is ok in my opinion. I think there are going to be times that we slip up, but as long as you are able to get back on track and not slip up too often it is ok.
Btw , my daughter's school was selling cookie dough and I bought some oatmeal and chocolate chip with walnuts, do you want some?
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I don't think your insane but you have to know yourself. As long as you can do that and get right back on plan then no problem.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #13  

Lisa,

Just sending hugs-we have all been there. I have NO willpower with chocolate chip cookies or brownies-none at all. If I bake them, they're gone within two days, period! I like the idea of making something you hate-I also hate coconut so anything with it would not tempt me.

Good luck, and we'll see you tomorrow!

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

I did a good job staying on plan yesterday, but my son really wanted some of my "diet" meal, so I shared with him. Then, I discovered that my kids had also cleaned out my emergency fruit and carrot stashes, so I didn't eat enough last night and went to bed pretty hungry. That's probably why I dreamed about my dad coming to visit me so he could bake cookies for me, and I ate countless dream cookies without guilt. (My guilt day was Tuesday, when I cheated with Oreos that my daughter bought! Much worse than homemade cookies!)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #15  
returning to myself

the good news is...you are PROBABLY not insane.....

personally, I am staying away from ALL restaurants...temptations of any kind...at least for now....I won't even watch commercials!

but if you can go off plan and come right back on, then GREAT...

if not then I guess we will have to kick your butt.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote