Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

Default Where I'm at on my journey

Thought I would come back and give an update. I'm not on the computer everyday. It's hard to make the extra time that I need to do that.

So here's what going on.....I went and had my first consult with the Drs. office and got all of my "homework"....aka...paperwork! I did it all made my appointment with my PCP for my bloodwork. Had that done...and found out that I'm really anemic! No wonder I'm so tierd but I've been having an awful time with TOM for several months now...I'm going to the Drs. for that too...LOL!!

Anyway, just the other day I sat down with the Nut. at the Drs. and she sat me up with a 6 month diet. It's really simple...1500 cal. a day...exercise everyday for 20 minutes...NO SODA...that's the hard part...and no snacking between meals and I have to drink atleast 64 oz. of water a day.

The other day I went for a walk and don't laugh....I went behind my house into the new developement that I'm not familiar with. Well to make a long story short every road goes up a very long....very long hill!! I did walk for half an hour but was so glad to get home. I think I"ll be doing that route once I get use to walking longer distances. For now I'll find something that's a little easier!!

I have to go back to the Nut. every month and get weighed. I really want to take off some of my extra weight before my surgery. I think whatever I can lose now will be better for me later!

Thanks for all of the support I've gotten and it's good to see some of the folks I use to post with.

Blessings to all,

Chirssy
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats FG, your on your way

Oy...sorry to hear about the blood results, but I'm glad they found out why your not feeling well... now they can help you.

1/2 hour up a hill is grooling !!!! but YOU DID IT !!! Yeah for you. Bet even though you were tired when you got home, you musta felt GOOD !!!

Good luck with the "Nut" LOLOL thats exactly what I call them LOLOLOL

Welcome back

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #3  

You know...I"m really having a hard time eating all of the food that the Nut. wants me to eat!

I know that probably sounds funny but I am not a quanitity eater. She does not want me to snack between meals and wants me to have three meals a day.

This is what guidelines she has given me:

Protein: 8 oz
Straches and Grains: 8 servinge
Fruit: 3
Vegetables: 4-8
Milk: 1
Fats: 0-3

For me that's alot. If I could break it down and have some snacks I know I could do it but to sit down and break all of that up into three meals for a day....I can't seem to fit it all in.

The only thing that I can think of is calling her and telling her that I'm having a hard time eating all of what she wants me to eat. I don't know I don't want her to think that I'm trying to give her a hard time...I'm not...I'm just not a big eater at one sitting...if I can spread this out it would be doable!!

Did anyone else have a problem with this?????

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

How about breaking it down into 4 meals instead? My doc wants me to eat every 3 hours or so. Give it a try
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #5  

I definately think that would work BUT....she told me to eat three meals a day! I know that I'll have to ask her what I should do. I can only imagine that she could write in my chart that I'm not complying with the rules.... LOL!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

call her up. and LOVE the fact that you're calling her NUT!!! it fits SOO many of them!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #7  

I called her...she's was very nice. First I told here that I do not want her to think that I do not want to follow the rules...because I really do want to!

She asked me what I was eating. I told her what I ate yesterday. She said that it sounds like I'm definately on the right track. She also told me to continue to eat like I am...trying to fit it in...if I can't...then I can't...just to do my best. No between meal snacks. So basically she wants me to eat (3) meals that will add up to 1500 calories per day.

I really think this is happening because I have to eat three meals a day...I'm not mindlessly eating...and basically I have never eaten this many breads and starches ever!! Well, at least now the healthy types! I don't have a hard time with the veggies, protien, and the fruits but when you factor in at least 64 oz. of water with all of the food...it's just bloat, bloat. bloat!! I'm glad that she's willing to work with me on this. Before I started this journey I ate all day long. I skipped breakfast, ate lunch, had a large dinner and then would have some sort of snack after dinner. I am sure that what I chose to eat then added up to 1500 calories a day easily. Things like ice cream, chips and dip, and snack crackers. Now that I have to eat healthy type foods I'm seeing that they have more "staying power" and don't find myself wanting to eat larger portions. I'm learing....I'm really learining!!!

I'll continue to follow all of the other rules. The "No Soda" thing is getting easier and easier. I am/was a diet Mtn. Dew addict. I do miss them but I know that I have to learn that I can not have them. It's better to learn that now...instead of later!!

Thanks for the posts and the advice. I do appreciate you guys!!