South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat - June 8

It's been a long hard week and I'm going to just sit here with my Beach Buddies and sip coffee. I'm quite willing to share and will go and cook us some eggs and peppers in a few minutes. I'll even share my bowl of blackberries with anyone on Phase II.

Slight case of the drags this morning so may not go to the gym to work out. It's been a rather busy and stressful week. I'll hit the garden later on for a bit of exercise. My kitchen is finally back in order although there are still a couple of finishing touches needed. (Pictures soon.) Poor Ms. Garden is feeling a tad neglected but is still doing her June extravaganza with Siberian iris, lemon lilies and peonies in the perennial bed in front of the house. I love it when cars stop to look at it!

The Girls are barking up a storm so I'd better go check. There's probably a terrorist squirrel or groundhog on the woodpile!

How is your Friday starting out? Weekend plans? :cofddate:
Old 06-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

I had some great blackberries this week . . . finished them yesterday. I love summer.

I work on the weekends and I'm off during the week, so my plan for the weekend is to make sure that all my lunches and snacks are in order so that I can stay on track at work!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF! It has been a busy week!

Ruth, I'm hoping you have a nice relaxing day. Eggs and peppers remind me of my grandmother. She lived next door to us, and every summer morning you could smell her cooking eggs and peppers for breakfast. Wish I could share yours and just while away the morning with you!

Betsey, I love summer berries, too, especially blackberries and blueberries. This year I bought myself a hanging strawberry plant, and right now it's covered with berries. I'm just waiting for them to ripen!

I'm only working from 8 - 1 today, so I can go to Amber's Cinderella Ball this afternoon at her school. I'm not sure whether it's a play, or not. She said it's a surprise and I'll find out when I get there. Jake is going to try to make it, too. Later we have to load up my car with the yardsale things for tomorrow at Andrea's.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday everyone!

AH! Baby's poopy. Hope your morning is starting off better than my night is ending up!!

Kara
Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

MMM, eggs and berries. I really need to go shopping so I can eat healthier. It's a cool 75* out right now but I am sure that won't last very long, it's been in the upper 90's so far this week.
I will be babysitting Sat morning (3-8am), well actually I will be sleeping on one couch while this kid sleeps on the other one. He's 2 so I need to know when he gets up so he doesn't get into things, good thing I am a pretty light sleeper.

Ruth - I would love to have a garden. Right now the house we are in doesn't have any grass. When the house was built they put down seed but it never came in so it looks like a desert. We just moved in 3 weeks ago so I need to find out if it's too late to plant some things.

Betsy - Sounds like you have a plan to keep your weekend at work SB friendly. I like making my stuff ahead, it makes things much easier since mealtime around here is so busy.

Kara - my hubby always wanted to be in the Army. It's a long story but he is itching to put in his blue to green paperwork.

Betsy - I didn't know they had hanging strawberries. I will have to look into something like that.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy Friday everyone!
My son's surgery was yesterday and it went well. He's a good patient.
They put a "pain block" in his leg yesterday that is beginning to wear off, so he finally agreed to take the pain meds which at first he refused to do. I don't think he realized how painful it would be. His precious girlfriend spent the day with us at the surgery center and we finally got some "alone time" together and I just fell in love with her and know why he loves her so much. She went out yesterday afternoon and got him flowers and a baloon bouquet and a bag of "toys" to play with while he is stuck in bed to keep him occupied. What a sweetie.

My daughter is coming to spend the weekend, so as as soon as my husband gets up (he is off on Fridays) then I'm off to the grocery store to stock up.

I made the mistake yesterday morning of not eating before we left for the surgery center at 5 am and didn't bring anything with me figuring there would be something healthy around there to eat. Nope. My husband went out and finally came back with a bag of Krispy Kreme donuts. Great. I just drank a lot of water and finally got a turkey sandwich on my homemade bread when I got home...I think I swallowed it whole. Later we grilled a ton of chicken and ended up feeding all of Beau's friends who came to visit him when he got home...so now the cupboard is bare!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #7  

Where's the Fans and the AC???!!!!!!! yes indeedy, gonna be near 100 degrees with 90% humidity!!!!!! Carap! I hate this kind of weather... it brings out the Whiner in me. A good day to stay indoors...

Ruth -your yard sounds like a piece of heaven dropped on the Delta!

Cottage: Enjoy the play..

to the Daily chat Betsy...and back Flmom

nightynight Kara...

Femme: so glad all went well with DS surgery- and his gfren sounds like an I'm with you - my cupboards are bare so I'll do some shopping this morn..then settle in back home in the AC. If I feel real adventurous I may head up to the pool....

fer all

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-08-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies. TGIF!!

Glad your son is okay femme.

Mmmm. berries. I haven't added those back yet (I added french fries first, lol!!)

It's been about a week since I visited and I wasn't exactly ON program when I was OFF the boards. But I started again yesterday. The good thing is I don't think I did too much damage. I'm down 4.4 pounds since I started and this great since I have 15 to lose.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. The sun is shinning here again today as well. I just love sunny days. Not to hot just perfect for sitting on the deck listening to the birds.
Ruth- enjoy your little bit of heaven today. And breaky sounds yummy.

femme- glad your son made out fine, and it is so nice when you like there girl/boyfriends makes life so much nicer.

Schatzi- I hope it doesn't get to bad for you. Stay inside and enjoy the day.

Kara- Hope you have a nice sleep.

Betsy- Welcome to the beach.

fl_mom - Hope the babysitting job goes well.

Well I must dash for a bit, the wee one needs me. I will be back. That almost sounds like a threat.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello and hope everyone has a great weekend planned! I am sitting down to get to work at my computer (I'm a telecommuter). It's going to be VERY HOT today, and since I don't have AC in my big old house, I've got lots of fans going to suck in the cool morning air. Later when the kids get home from school, we'll go swimming with friends - that'll be fun. Then to my Mom's house for pizza (salad for me), and if I'm lucky, the kids will spend the night there, and my husband and I can enjoy some alone time! Not much going over the weekend. Sleepovers for the kids (at someone else's house for a change), cleaning house, going to the pool. That's about it for us.

Hanging strawberries! I've got to get one of those!
Ruthxxx, I wish you could come to my house and fix up my yard. I've got a great big yard, but with everything there is to do to the house, we never seem to get much done out there. Plus, I'm not a naturally talented gardener. One of these days...
Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #11  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

The baby is supposed to be sleeping but she's not so let's see how far I can get.

Schmoodle - are your kids in year around school or they just not out yet? The schools here got out in May but where we are living now, start back Aug 1st. I would love to go to the pool, have to call and see when the one on base is open. I wish I could send my kids for a sleepover, I need it.

Schatzi - glad to see you again, As I said, it's great to see familiar names.

Femme - your son's GF sounds like a winner. Have fun shopping, unless I am the only one that likes it lol Sometimes it's the only out of the house time I get during the week so I take my time and try to enjoy it.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy friday ladies..

hot hot hot here in baltimore..
busy busy weekend planned.
facial tomorrow girl child gets her nails done since she's having a party on sunday for her 15th birthday....
have to shop
have to clean
have to cook

plan to return to the gym on monday

keep it cool chickies....
Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Fl mom - my kids get out of school next Friday. I wish we had year round school, but they don't.

Ladybugnessa - I love Baltimore. I'm originally from Annapolis, but we migrated to the mountains a few years ago. I miss it, but at least I found a place to get good steamed crabs here!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Femme, glad to hear your son's surgery went well! We'll keep him in our prayers.

Night all! Hope you don't melt in the heat!!! Swim some laps for me, Schmoodle, OK?

Kara
Old 06-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Just weighed myself and I am down 2 pounds yehaw finally under that dang 160.
Closed Thread