Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hi!

Hi all, I've decided to jump in with both feet and write a little introduction.

A little about myself: I'm a 36-year-old wife and mom to two lovely boys (S is 5, smart, persistent, and tests me at every turn, C is 2 and is the sweetest little bugger to walk the earth. Yeah I'm biased, but he's a love.) I'm pretty much a SAHM, but do sporadic freelance work (typically at night while all of my men are sleeping) which has forced me to become a night owl.

My wieght history -- I've always been the "big girl". How would I LOVE to be as "fat" as I was back in high school. Ha. Anyhow, in college I started packing on the pounds...and with each child I added some more. I'm incredibly afraid of failure, so rather than try to lose weight and fail, I just don't try. I've always had a feeling that someday I'd be able to do it, and I've decided that now is the time. I've been noticing my legs not only rubbing together when I walk, but now they stick together. Yikes. It's time to do something.

I think I'm going to join Weight Watchers (I've wanted to in the past, but always worried about being able to afford it. We're now a little better off financially, but more importantly, I ask myself, "can I afford NOT to?") I'm guesstimating on my starting weight since my scale is wonky and I bought a Weightwatchers scale at Wal-Mart this week and it went back the next day (weighing in a 3 lb range every time I try -- getting on and off a few times, even with being careful to step on the same spot.) Once I get myself a good scale I'll post an updated weight and I'm crossing my fingers for a great loss!

Okay, that's enough from me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our journey. Now I'm off to post a NSV for the day! Yay me.
Jenjifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 AM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Jenjifer! You'll find 3FC in general and the 100 lb club in particular to have some of the most supportive and wonderful people anywhere!

I'm also doing WW - for me it's the best way to lose weight. I've quite literally tried every diet on the planet and keep coming back to WW - this is my 3rd time back there.

Look forward to learning more about you and seeing you around the place.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Jenjifer! Many people are following WW here successfully and I wish the same for you. I am a calorie counter and a get my butt moving kind of gal myself

I hear ya on the WW scale! I had one and it was 10 lbs off!! It made my nutty with all the jumps to different weights. I decided to get a better scale. I got a Salter scale from Amazon.com and it works really well. Of course, I had to deal with the fact that I was 10 lbs heavier than I thought, but you get over that once it starts to go DOWN.

Best of luck on your journey to better health!! You CAN do it!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:52 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there and welcome to 3FC. I'm glad that you've decided that NOW is your time to lose the weight. There's absolutely no time like the present. Haha, it took ME 20 entire years to figure that one out.

We have lots and lots of VERY successful people here doing WW. I just know that we will be able to add your name to that list. Good luck with your journey. Post here often so that we get to know you and can help you in anyway at all.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and Welcome,
I know there are lots of people doing WW here, I just count calories and get some exercise in 5-6 days a week. I too have always been a big girl, and have gained with the kids,and being a SAHM doesn't help . I bought a scale from Walmart, but not a WW and it was fine for a few days then I started weighing 180 lbs, and even though it looked nice, I knew I needed to take it back.
Good luck on the weight loss, you can do it!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #6  

Welcome -- I think you'll love it here. Even when I'm not doing my best, I still come on here and read around to keep my head afloat!!

I hear you about the kids -- I have 7 and a 4 year old boys -- my oldest is a beautiful young man, thoughtful, etc. My "little one" would give Satan a run for his money !!!

I work at night after the men go to bed as well -- which is horrible for my diet!! I'm a muncher while I type

Good luck to you, you CAN do this.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #7  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Hello and welcome!

I'm doing WW, though I don't pay WW. I was able to find all of the information online and incorporate it into my life.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome! You're going to be really glad you found this site, I think. I know I am. It's been so great for me to have these ladies (and gents) around through this entire process, good and bad.

Good luck. Keep posting...it keeps your fingers and mind very busy!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome Jenjifer. There has always been a great group of people here for help and insight. I look forward to getting to know you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 9"

Everyone here is just so darn nice. Yay. I did poke around the boards a bit before I decided to call this place "home". The whole 3FC board is great, with lots of groups and wonderful information, but I know for me I need a niche where I can develop deeper relationships that will result in a higher level of accountability.

Anyhow, just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome!

Now I'm off to Amazon.com to check out the Salter scales! Then to the Y for some exercise...

-j
Jenjifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #11  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I know for me I have to be around people that have large amounts of weight to lose. Others just don't know what that is like and how we feel and think.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #12  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jennifer & welcome. This is such a hard journey, and as Howie said, some of us need to be around those who know what it means to stuggle to lose large amts of weight. Hope to see you here often.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Howie. I have read a few things from others who have very little to lose and while I know that their weight loss is important to them, too, and I also admire that they are taking care of it before it becomes a huge problem, I just can't relate.

So, welcome Jenjifer!! Can't wait to get to know you better!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #14  
Gonna change my life!

S/C/G: 261/258/200 (st)/140ish

Height: 5-2

Welcome, Jenjifer! What a cool name!

This is a great group. LIke Howie and Slashnl, I need to be around people who need to lose or have lost a lot of weight, and I find this board really helpful and warm. No one excuses you, but no one condemns or critiques you, either, unless you ask for that kick in the tush

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Lynn
lynn23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad you're joining us!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote