Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Hi from the land of peaches, peanuts and pecans!

Hi Y'al! We made the big move and I'm now living in the beautiful state of Georgia. The move couldnt have gone more smoothly. I still have a ton of unpacking to do, but I'm having a blast with turning this house into my home. Today was MIL's birthday and we took her out shopping for the day and dinner. However, my internet was installed today and I couldnt wait to get home and sign onto 3FC to catch up with everyone's progress. I sure did miss you guys! Wow!!!...the NSV threads and the weigh-in threads sure do rock! You guys are awesome!

I'd love to make you guys proud, but I'm ashamed to say that I've not done very well with maintaining during this move. I started off with good intentions, but they didnt last long. I havent built up the courage to step on the scales, but I can feel that my clothes are a bit tighter. It is extremely difficult to eat well while on the road and it takes a lot of effort. I'm sorry to say that I didnt rise to the challenge. I truly wish I could say that I adopted a new lifestyle and wasnt on a diet, but it sure looks like that was a big crock of (manure)! The one postive thing I can say is that I came back on this site as soon as I was able and I fully intend on getting my act together again. I guess I'm just one of the stubborn ones! Hubby and I did go to a local fitness center for a tour and to get pricing information. They have some great classes and seem to have really good equipment. I've also been looking at treadmills. Hubby said today "if we join the center, you don't really need the treadmill." I told him that I'm doing both! I want the center to meet people, but I want the treadmill so I can train to run again. Eventually, I want to run in my neighborhood, but I have to build up to that...we've moved to a very hilly neighborhood and strolling is a major effort!

Well, I've written quite a mouthful! Its so good to be back and I hope to be sharing NSV's and weight loss victories with everyone real soon.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Yea, Rhonda! We're glad you're back!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda - you did the right thing getting back!! Remeber - success isn't always in the action... but in the reaction!! You can do this
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Great to see you again Rhonda! You were missed!
Don't look back, you can just get back on track and resume your success path!
You'll do awesome!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Glad you're back Rhonda!! Maybe you can think of unpacking as sort of a "free workout". Good to hear from you!
Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Hang in there girli, Moving makes you eat, the stress is crazy......take it slow and worry about the house and getting use to your new area.........see you soon....

Sandy
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #7  
Gonna change my life!

S/C/G: 261/258/200 (st)/140ish

Height: 5-2

Welcome back! Glad the move went smoothly, too. What a relief, right?

Unpacking can be a workout in itself, too, so think of that. And someone said it: the real victory at this point isn't so much that you might have gained weight, but that you're eager to nip it in the bud and get back into health. You're not willing to just "let it go" until "later". I say Good Job on that!

Lynn
lynn23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #8  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

you need to update your location on your user profile
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you move went well.

I'm so jealous. I would love love love to have a treadmill in the house. I go to the gym every day but it sure would be nice to have that treadmill when the cravings hit at night.

Glad to see you back!
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
The one postive thing I can say is that I came back on this site as soon as I was able and I fully intend on getting my act together again. I guess I'm just one of the stubborn ones!
Amen! That's a VERY positive thing. We'll always have events in our lives that set back our progress, but the one important thing is to get right back on track, no matter how long it's been. And that's what you're doing! That stubbornness is why you'll be successful!

I think it's great that you'll have a treadmill!! I too would love to have one at home. That way you can ALWAYS get your miles in no matter what the weather is like or how difficult it might be to get outside or to the gym. Eventually I'll find the money to get one!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Rhonda!!!! You were missed. Thanks for checking in and giving us an update. I know what an incredibly busy time this must be for you. Moving and unpacking and all that stuff is NOT easy. I'm glad to hear things went so well. I can't believe you already found the time to check out a gym. Boy you must be really anxious to get your weightloss started again. Good luck - with everything.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. Moving and packing can be such a stressful time.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #13  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Welcome back!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yahhhh!!! Rhonda's back!!

I say don't worry about what's done and move forward!! Coming right back here is the step #1! Good Job!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #15  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! Moving is very very very stressful, but it's good to see you found us again!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote