Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7'

Default I need an accurate scale, suggestions?

I bought the Weight Watchers scale at Walmart ($29 ish) and everytime I step on it, I get a different reading. The first day I was down to the next ten, 248. The next AM I was 254! I had only a cup of coffee in between but it must have been a very large cup ! lol I have a cold, not eating much at all.

So, does anyone have a new scale that they like? I would like digital, much easier to read.

Thank you!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #2  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Hmmm, we have the weight watchers scale here at home and it works pretty well. I'm not doing weight watchers, but my mom is, and she says it's pretty close to her official weigh-ins. Perhaps you bought a faulty scale?
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/245/135

Height: 5"2"

I have the same problem with my ww scale that I bought at Walmart I haven't bought a new one yet so anyone with suggestions that would be great
reneeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

I had a healthmeter(?) scale, and it died on me and bought a new digital one at Walmart for $29 and it is ok, on some days it makes me mad though, like yesterday I gained 2 lbs( I did have a bar of chocolate Friday night, and a extra roll of sushi Saturday night), then this morning I lost the 2 lbs and 2 more. I guess you get what you pay for, Maybe next year I will buy a scale for $49 + and not have these problems.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7'

Thanks! I think I'll return and upgrade. In the meantime, I am leaving my weight ticker as is! lol
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I bought the Tanita Large Capacity scale. http://www.scalesgalore.com/pbath.htm#hd351
It's a little pricey at $75.00, but it is hands down the very best scale I have ever owned. It stores the reading of your last weigh in and shows it. It will store readings for up to five people. I never get a different reading, at all. For me it was also important that it accuratley weigh over 300 lbs. It has a 440 capacity.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post
I had a healthmeter(?) scale, and it died on me and bought a new digital one at Walmart for $29 and it is ok, on some days it makes me mad though, like yesterday I gained 2 lbs( I did have a bar of chocolate Friday night, and a extra roll of sushi Saturday night), then this morning I lost the 2 lbs and 2 more. I guess you get what you pay for, Maybe next year I will buy a scale for $49 + and not have these problems.
cheryl
I also have on and love it, the new ones give BMI plus all your weigh ins for 20 plus bucks...and always is correct weight
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #8  
missaprylj

I, too, have the WW scale and love it... so maybe you got a faulty one? I have heard nothing but excellent things about the Tanita scales though.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8

wow nice to know all of this, i have been wanting to get myself a new one.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I just got this scale:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00064NKCK

Health-O-Meter Professional Body Fat Monitor Scale

I just got it today, but I weighed myself a few times today to check the accuracy and it only varied by .2 pounds. It also remembers your height, gender, and age, and measures your body fat percentage. I found that very useful, because I'm very muscular, so body fat percentage tells me more than weight. You can't use it if you have a pace maker, though.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/250/200

Height: 5'5

Are you making sure that you are weighing at the same time everyday? I weigh in first thing in the morning and my health-o-meter works great
ittakessolong is offline   Reply With Quote