South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #1  

Smile Hi I'm new here

Just joined up and want to start the beach,I have about 45 lb to lose and am 5'7,aged 45.Lost alot of weight following a bypass 6 years ago,never got to goal weigh and horror of horrors started putting it back on,so need to do something now before the weight gets to high.
cheers Lorri
Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and welcome to The Beach, Lorri! This is just an excellent lifestyle and you will do well, I'm sure.

I hope you have read the book as it explains the theory behind this WOL. There is a ton of information in our FAQ Section including the revised food list which is outdated in the book. Please join us in the daily chat, the June Weightloss Targets and the Phase I Start threads.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey Lorri! I personally LOVE SB!
I was a sugar/pasta/rice/french bread addict and ended up gaining 50 lbs over the last few years.
I am now well on my way to loosing those lbs and don't feel deprived or feel like I am "on a diet". I really don't think of it as a diet at all...it's is just eating good, fresh foods, using different methods of cooking and feeling great about myself. I also have my husband eating only SB stuff...and he is skinny! His family has a history of cancer and I hope that by also changing his eating habits, that it will help. He has not complained once and is really enjoying the meals I cook. And believe me he would complain nicely if he didn't like it. The women in his family and mine have always been great cooks and he is used to having "gourmet" meals and wouldn't settle for anything less (Ok, he did go out and get 2 hotdogs other other night after watching "hotdog" night on the food network!) Before I started SB, I would have killed to have a couple of dogs myself, but honestly, they did not even appeal to me...

You are going to do great and feel so good about yourself. Some people have a little problem getting used to phase 1, but I honestly did not. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of variety and try cooking new recipes and plan ahead what you are going to eat and don't let yourself get hungry and that's about it! It's a piece of cake (guess I should rephrase that: It's a bowl of "peanut butter cup"!)
Closed Thread