Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default What do you do to be your best sexy self?

At my size/weight, I struggle with my self esteem and self image. But, I desire to feel beautiful and look attractive for myself and those around me. Being a single woman still in search of the guy for me, this thought is in my head daily. Besides makeup, hairdo, nice clothing, I'm wondering what else I could do to feel my best right now.

What do you do (current size and weight) to be your best "sexy" self?

Even if it's something you do right now, what is something you would like to do to be your best beautiful self?
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Keeping well groomed is a must for me

I think making sure to be clean, taking good care of your skin, hair, nails, teeth etc. is the first step towards feeling sexy.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Sexy sunglasses. I love them!

Pedicures are another thing...a pretty, pedicured toe in sandals is VERY sexy.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I wish BBW magazine was still around. I loved that magazine for giving big gals sexy role models. When I first found that magazine in college, I didn't know that sexy lingerie even CAME in my size.

For me, nothing beats matching bra and panties in a completely impractical color that I can't wear under white or light colored clothing. My absolute favorite set was lime green with bright daisies printed on them. I bought the set at Lane Bryant a few years ago. Completely impractical, but so CUTE!

I love the look of Merry Widdows, teddies, and corsets and stockings too, but they're almost always too uncomfortable to allow the inner sex kitten to come out, so instead I always feel slutty and silly in them instead of sexy (even when I was much smaller).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

High Heels, escpecially the patent leather ones.. I Love those!!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Two words - sexy panties.

Big white granny underwear doesn't make anyone feel sexy. And there are several retailers of cute plus-sized underwear, with cuts that are still modest enough to cover problem areas. I only wish I'd learned the restorative power of a cute pair of underwear earlier in my journey!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #7  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

Sexy underwear and nice, well shaven legs. Nothing I enjoy more than when my legs are smooth and silky. Just thinking about how they would feel to someone else makes me feel sexy.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #8  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Well, when I am feeling up to it, putting on makeup and wearing clothes other than jeans and a t-shirt help. Also, pedicures. I feel really sexy when I buy lingerie that actually fits! Shaved legs help me, too, but at my size it is pretty hard to shave them and I rarely do. I think I might try Neet or something like that. Where do you get sexy panties? I am stuck in the granny panties thing.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM   #9  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Being CLEAN!

I feel so damn sexy when I've just taken a shower, washed my hair, scrubbed my feet, dehaired everywhere extra hair shouldn't be, and finished it all off with a good oil/lotion rubdown. I love feeling my soft skin.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
Where do you get sexy panties? I am stuck in the granny panties thing.
Lane Bryant has pretty and sexy panties
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #11  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Good question!

For me, having my hair done (cut and colored) makes me feel worlds sexier than when it gets too long and lives in a ponytail. Also, putting my makeup on. Even if I'm in my pj's, when I have my face and hair "done", and I'm all clean and shaven, that makes me feel sexy.

I can't wait to get back into my lingerie, I have so many beautiful things. There's something to be said for not wearing granny panties now, though. I don't wear thongs yet, but I do buy cute undies.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #12  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

You can buy pretty, attractive underwear almost anywhere that has both plus/normal sized clothing, as long as they carry lingerie. Cato's, FashionBug, Target, **** Even Wal-Mart and K-Mart have started carrying some decent stuff. At the Wally & Kmart prices, it's great for transition sizes.

For me, especially in summer, being freshly scrubbed<sea salt and oil I make my own>, shaved, lightly oiled and then lotioned, does more for me than any of the most expensive perfume. There is nothing like soft, silky skin showcased in great, silky fabrics! Sexy underwear is a daily must, even if noone but me sees it that day, knowing I have this hot mama stuff under my grungiest cut offs and T's is empowering!

Pedicures! Definitely. Summer isa time to show off our feet. For alot of overweight women, it may be the only part of our bodies not encased in fat, although they could be swollen<drink more water>. Regardless of my size, I've always had long, slender, bony feet and took pride in them. Thankfully, now the rest of me is catchin up, but having the skin smooth, toes painted some sassy, lookitme color with sandals and pretty flipflops is a great pick me up.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #13  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

The biggie for me is the sexy matching panties and bras thing. It's totally private, in a normal day/environment you are the only one who knows you have on red lipstick colored lingerie. Cute panties or a sexy bra on its own is great, but you can't imagine the difference in the way you carry yourself when that whole set matches...it gives you attitude that others pick up on without even realizing it! It is a power trip!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

I agree with a PP about sexy sunglasses. Also, I am a stay-at-home mother of two and a housewife, so I spend my days in PJ's with my hair in a ponytail. So, I LOVE being able to put on nicer clothes (with the matching, sexy undergarments), wear my hair down, and put on my makeup. Even if we don't have plans to go out, we at least go to Wal-Mart so I can walk around feeling sexy...LOL. I also am jut getting to where I can wear high heels again - and I LOVE that feeling too.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #15  
Gonna change my life!

S/C/G: 261/258/200 (st)/140ish

Height: 5-2

Sexy? Great shoes to show off smooth, shaved legs (even if they're "bigger" than you'd like--work it!), and a GREAT-fitting bra.

I cannot say enough about what having yourself measured and properly fitted can do for your posture, the fit of your clothes, and having those babies UP where they're supposed to be. I never felt so sexy as the first time I was measured, put into the proper size bra, and then put my sweater over it. OMG! I have large breasts, but they looked GREAT in the right bra, not saggy or jiggly.

Pamper yourself as time and budget allow. Get your hair trimmed regularly, or get a whole new cut and color (I just did this, and I haven't stopped smiling). Pedicures and cute shoes are definitely a good thing, especially in the summer.

I'm single, too, and I know that when I have confidence in myself, regardless of size, the right man comes along (even if he isn't the forever one just yet).

Good luck!

Lynn
lynn23c is offline   Reply With Quote